Hendon Mob Responds To Dns Blog

This goes to show that trust and reliability is hard to come by when big bucks is at stake. Whatever happens Mr. Negreanu, trust your instincts and don't get to caught up in it.-ehh I'm just giving you some third party advice.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aright, I really didn't want to get involved in this conversation but now I feel compelled to. I want to address the whole thing about DN not posing what the other side had to say by using an example of how it wasn't necessary.If you walk into a wall which is stable and grounded, it isn't going to move. You keep walking into that wall, it still won't move. You can walk into it all day until your sore, it won't move. Now how the hell does this apply to the conversation? Well... If the side of the story was ALREADY said, then why repost it? It's like walking into the wall again. Nothing has changed. If he used it as the source of the defense to the problem, then it's just *Drum roll* a reference to the reason it was made. However, one might believe that I was biased because of the site that I am not on. This is not true. Hopefully I will be able to prove that.The next thing is the handicap. This is the easiest situation to solve. You bring both parties up to the person who usually gives the handicap and ask him the LAST time he gave him a handicap. Figure it out from there. Simple math, right? Now, what to DO if he did lie (not saying he did). You take that handicap away and pay the rest of the amount. So lets say you were playing 2k a stroke in the beginning and you raised it to 4k. Well, I would honestly look at the history of the game you played and figure out how many strokes he was up in the beginning. For example, lets say he was up 6 strokes BEFORE they raised it. Well, that would be 6 x 2 = 12k. The rest of the 4 would be 4 x 4 = 16k. So the amount deducted from that situation would be 28k. The handicap would be settled in that way, and the other amount would be paid. The game was accepted, but the terms (in that situation, not this one being debated about) was rigged. That will also teach them a lesson about continually pushing and moving foward in a losing situation. Now, there is one more issue I would like to address in this whole immature situation. I am wondering how old everyone is in this, because I figure when you hit around 22+, you should know somewhat if you are getting your money's worth in a situation. You should know (unless you have no social life.....ever.) that someone is getting the better of you. You should be mature enough to identify that when you are, at least, 500k in the hole. You should set a limit to what you are willing to lose. That is called being 'responsible'. At the same token, it is also irresponsible for a friend, and I say this, FRIEND, to take advantage of a person who is not in the right state of mind. IF that person was not winning, but still able to continue, then it's ok. If that person was in the hole, but you knew it wasn't enough to devistate them, ok. If that person WAS in the hole where it could devistate them OR if they WERE in the wrong state of mind to where they couldn't adaquately try and compete, then it is a NO-NO in my book. I have been to a few poker games where I have suggested that friends of mine take a little time off the game to get their composure back. If they don't, then I tried. I don't say it right in front of the table either. I just go up to them and tell em in order not to single them out. Thats just me though, so I might be right and wrong about certain things. Anyway, that is my $1.02. Deuces

Interesting conversation at the Aussie Millions.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2DdJu9fwfw...ted&search=
Nice link. JJ speaks the truth.Speculation: DN's blog is more about how he took his lumps on the golf course than about the current dispute. DN got hustled on the course last year in the exact same manner (fudged handicaps and players shooting well above their averages with "rounds of their lives"), but DN paid up. His post on a story of someone not paying reinforces to himself, his friends, and the very gamblers who hustled him that DN is not a welcher.Everytime DN says something about himself with a story on the actions of others, it just makes things worse. Write about the reason behind the blogs instead of other people's disputes.

Years ago, I used to bowl. I averaged in the mid 180's. Our entire bowling team was very, very good (guys that averaged 200+). At the end of the year, our league championship was held- our team versus a bunch of Iranian dudes who averaged in the 120's/130's with insane handicap. Of course, the Amazin' Achmeds took it down- not because they were better bowlers (without handicap, we absolutely crushed them) but because they were such crappy bowlers with so much room for improvement that even the most mediocre betterment of their averages made them unbeatable due to the grossly inflated handicap. What's so amazing to me is how the issue of rapid game-play improvement beyond ones handicap went effectively "unnoticed" with Ivey. It isn't like it's a rare or unusual thing. It is a very real issue in any handicapped game. These guys have to be complete retards to enter into a wager at this level without researching their opponent down to the nuts and bolts in order to establish a fair handicap level. I am the furthest thing from a hardcore poker fanboy- digesting every tale, rumor and fragment of irrelevant information that is posted about pros, like some people- but even I knew that Ivey was hardcore about improving his golf game just from watching various TV shows, listening to him talk and reading a few posts on the various forums. How is it that someone entering into five/six figure wagers with him doesn't take the time to figure out the same thing?Judging from the look on Iveys face in that video clip? I'd push it all in on the fact that he was entirely and fully aware it was a hustle. He looked like the cat that ate the mouse. With that said, it isn't so much his fault as it is the negligence of his opponents who failed in their own due diligence. Did they get hustled? Sounds like they did. Now pay the **** up and take your lumps. That's the way of the world in professional gambling, and you ain't gunna last long if you welch.

I've read DN's blogs for a long time now and recently I've started asking why as my admiration has been dropping. IMO you made yourself look bad in many situations including with Phil Gordon, Hellmuth, American Idol, Global Warming (which incidently I agreed with you on but you seemed to get bored of it after like a day. I'd love to know if you did change your cars, etc?????). This is the worst blog yet though and shows you have very little class. You either like to shove your nose in where it doesn't belong for the sake of it or you just like being outspoken and controversial for the sake of website hits. Either way you're showing zero class. This will mean nothing to you but I've read my last DN blog.

I've read DN's blogs for a long time now and recently I've started asking why as my admiration has been dropping. IMO you made yourself look bad in many situations including with Phil Gordon, Hellmuth, American Idol, Global Warming (which incidently I agreed with you on but you seemed to get bored of it after like a day. I'd love to know if you did change your cars, etc?????). This is the worst blog yet though and shows you have very little class. You either like to shove your nose in where it doesn't belong for the sake of it or you just like being outspoken and controversial for the sake of website hits. Either way you're showing zero class. This will mean nothing to you but I've read my last DN blog.
Hahaha. These people who cry over Daniel's blog are a piece of work.Him and his 20 posts are going to be missed. :club:

I just caught up in this thread, and I will address this from the GOLFER perspective--all the while knowing these are GAMBLERS playing GOLF.I played golf in HS and through college (on scholarship), and since leaving school, and playing matches with side bets, the parties involved would set the handicaps (or to simplify it--strokes per side), and we play.After 9 holes, if any adjustments were to be made, they were made. If players wished to "press", they could, but at all times, the players knew where they stood, prop wise.IF one side (in this instance DN and others are weighing in on), is getting crushed on the props, and then CONTINUE to PRESS the betting without trying to re-negotiate the handicaps, it's their own fault. I have played plenty of matches where, after setting the handicaps, etc, where re-sets were introduced to make the game fair and enjoyable. Granted we weren't playing for 7-8 figure sums, but nonetheless, it was still money.IF, and I say if, Ivey set the handicaps, the others areed, got smoked, failed to re-set the numbers, and then skipped out on not paying, DN has every right to stand up for his buddy and call out those who welched.Just my opinion on this.

Hahaha. These people who cry over Daniel's blog are a piece of work.Him and his 20 posts are going to be missed. :club:
Haha, these guys who will blindly stick up for DN no matter what are a piece of work.It's quite sad really the amount of hero worship on this site and I've heard many outsiders talk about it. Cracks me up, DN would probably run a mile if any of you stalkers got to meet him. I'd be scared if I was him. Just go back to stroking your blow up doll of DN there my friend. Or you could get a real life and stop idolising a poker player for God's sake? Oh and FYI I was hardly "crying" over the blog as you say. Merely pointed out his blogs have gone downhill and I have no inclination to read them anymore. I also stated that it won't make a bit of difference to DN.

I respect DN for a couple reasons, he is loyal to his friends, he speaks his mind regardless of the potential backlash, and even though I don't always agree with his opinion he always finds a topic that is thought provoking. His blogs are real, and even though they might be inflammatory or not a popular opinion, its not edited. I assume he doesn't have someone telling him "don't say that", "do say this", and thats what makes me admire him. Also for the most part, if you present your disagreement in a respectful way to him, he responds in ways that tell me he at least thought of the other point of view, instead of saying "I'm Daniel Negreanu, what I say is right, screw you little people!". I think he's genuine, and thats admirable coming from a celebrity.

I just caught up in this thread, and I will address this from the GOLFER perspective--all the while knowing these are GAMBLERS playing GOLF.I played golf in HS and through college (on scholarship), and since leaving school, and playing matches with side bets, the parties involved would set the handicaps (or to simplify it--strokes per side), and we play.After 9 holes, if any adjustments were to be made, they were made. If players wished to "press", they could, but at all times, the players knew where they stood, prop wise.IF one side (in this instance DN and others are weighing in on), is getting crushed on the props, and then CONTINUE to PRESS the betting without trying to re-negotiate the handicaps, it's their own fault. I have played plenty of matches where, after setting the handicaps, etc, where re-sets were introduced to make the game fair and enjoyable. Granted we weren't playing for 7-8 figure sums, but nonetheless, it was still money.IF, and I say if, Ivey set the handicaps, the others areed, got smoked, failed to re-set the numbers, and then skipped out on not paying, DN has every right to stand up for his buddy and call out those who welched.Just my opinion on this.
QFT
Haha, these guys who will blindly stick up for DN no matter what are a piece of work.It's quite sad really the amount of hero worship on this site and I've heard many outsiders talk about it. Cracks me up, DN would probably run a mile if any of you stalkers got to meet him. I'd be scared if I was him. Just go back to stroking your blow up doll of DN there my friend. Or you could get a real life and stop idolising a poker player for God's sake? Oh and FYI I was hardly "crying" over the blog as you say. Merely pointed out his blogs have gone downhill and I have no inclination to read them anymore. I also stated that it won't make a bit of difference to DN.
Are you done making a fool of yourself? Just stfu and leave. Nobody gives a shhit if you won't read a blog, crybaby.Run home to mommy and tell her how Daniel Negreanu's blog is hurting your feelings. :club:

I thought this thread died like a week ago??Guaranteed things that are going to happen in every DN blog thread:1. There is gonna be a retard DN-hater who tells us how DN should live his life and how his blog sucks and they arent gonna read it anymore, and he should be worried because they are so important with their 20 posts and this whole forum is filled with DN worshipers who have no life.2. The rest of the community chuckles.Thats it

Years ago, I used to bowl. I averaged in the mid 180's. Our entire bowling team was very, very good (guys that averaged 200+). At the end of the year, our league championship was held- our team versus a bunch of Iranian dudes who averaged in the 120's/130's with insane handicap. Of course, the Amazin' Achmeds took it down- not because they were better bowlers (without handicap, we absolutely crushed them) but because they were such crappy bowlers with so much room for improvement that even the most mediocre betterment of their averages made them unbeatable due to the grossly inflated handicap. What's so amazing to me is how the issue of rapid game-play improvement beyond ones handicap went effectively "unnoticed" with Ivey. It isn't like it's a rare or unusual thing. It is a very real issue in any handicapped game. These guys have to be complete retards to enter into a wager at this level without researching their opponent down to the nuts and bolts in order to establish a fair handicap level. I am the furthest thing from a hardcore poker fanboy- digesting every tale, rumor and fragment of irrelevant information that is posted about pros, like some people- but even I knew that Ivey was hardcore about improving his golf game just from watching various TV shows, listening to him talk and reading a few posts on the various forums. How is it that someone entering into five/six figure wagers with him doesn't take the time to figure out the same thing?Judging from the look on Iveys face in that video clip? I'd push it all in on the fact that he was entirely and fully aware it was a hustle. He looked like the cat that ate the mouse. With that said, it isn't so much his fault as it is the negligence of his opponents who failed in their own due diligence. Did they get hustled? Sounds like they did. Now pay the **** up and take your lumps. That's the way of the world in professional gambling, and you ain't gunna last long if you welch.
scram, I liked this post.

So, Ivey's a scumbag and the guys he rolled are idiotsI try not to have scumbags as friends and I definitely have a few idiots as friends, but at least they mean well.The idiots should pay and no one should ever gamble with Ivey again in any situation that he could potentially cheat or lie to sway the outcome of the gamble.

So you thinks its Kosher to have 3 threads about essentially the same damed thing. Rich girls bitching about their makeup and nails? Point is, what has gambling come to? Johnny Moss or Benny Binion would have had it TAKEN CARE OF.
Funny, Johnny Moss avoided Vegas for 20 years after being caught with someone peeping at the cards of the Mob boss owner of the Flamingo. Give me a clean room at Harrah's, getting a back massage, over sitting with my back to the wall, one eye on the door, and the other on the dealer. I think it's become fairly well accepted that Moss isn't exactly a guy to look up to when it came to the integrity of the game.
Funny, Johnny Moss avoided Vegas for 20 years after being caught with someone peeping at the cards of the Mob boss owner of the Flamingo. Give me a clean room at Harrah's, getting a back massage, over sitting with my back to the wall, one eye on the door, and the other on the dealer. I think it's become fairly well accepted that Moss isn't exactly a guy to look up to when it came to the integrity of the game.
I don't want to use negative words here. (myopic, restarted, stunted) Integrity of the game? INTEGRITY. No honor amongst thieves sir. As for moss avoiding Vegas for 20 years...oh why address it. Pointless. My Point is what have GAMBLERS come to? They loose gargantuan bets and then ***** about them almost instantly. In PUBLIC. Parts of this feud were being broadcast on FOX SPORTS days after it happened. It has since been rehashed over "media outlets" like this and other blogs. Look at the moniker of the Party in question. The HENDON MOB. MOB SIR. They are identifying themselves with some type of glorious gambling lore. The Type of lifestyle Moss and Binion lived and have since been romanticized by there successors. Inheritors that are, as it turns out, very pale imitations of the originals.

You guys very nearly have a grasp of this. Ram is a very honourable man. This may seem odd but read on.In the UK golf is a game for honourable sportsmen. There is no room for any deception.Hence I can understand his refusal to pay up. If Ram was a 'win at any cost' type of man then he may wellhold a different view. If he had low standards he may well have paid up, with the standpoint of....well thats OKbecause I would have done the same. But he has not, that is why the 'deception' will have gripped Ram so much.We all have different standards and values. The situation will have gone totally against Ram's values.So he is in fact the total opposite to the way others portray him in this situation.