07 Nba Draft Thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think If Phoenix wins the lottery!
Is that an unconditional pick? Usually when teams trade a pick, they almost always put an exception if it ends up winning the lottery. I'm not disagreeing with you btw. I'm actualy curious.
Is that an unconditional pick? Usually when teams trade a pick, they almost always put an exception if it ends up winning the lottery. I'm not disagreeing with you btw. I'm actualy curious.
Checked into it.It was part of the Joe Johnson deal, if it's a top 3 pick Atlanta keeps it, anything else and it goes to Phoenix.
  • 3 weeks later...

wah wah wah. Celtics have had enough good fortune in their history. They didnt deserve a break here after mismanaging their team so badly for the last half decade and I am glad they didnt get one.

Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and Kevin Durant will be very exciting to watch.
If they are all there. Lewis is a free agent and I seem to recall not long ago rumors of Allen wanting a trade to a contender.

Watch the hell out for Portland. (haha, wouldn't it be funny if whomever they pick is the bust and Seattle becomes a dynasty and the team of the decade? If that's the case, the Traiblazers have some kind of witch's curse on them. Oh or even better: "With the first overall pick, The Portland Trailblazers select Joakim Noah")I'm glad Boston flopped on the lottery. Atlantic remains wide open for another year.If Durant somehow slips to the 3 spot, Atlanta should change their name to "The Atlanta Swingmen" or "The Atlanta PositionsAreOverrated"I was hoping Minnesota would have done better. Milwaukee too. They're teams that seem like they deserve to not suck anymore.

LOL at Boston fans.I cant believe Oden and Durant are heading out West. As if the gap between the East and West wasnt bad enough.The Blazers are getting good in a hurry.BTW, I know Suns fans are already ticked, but Atlanta getting the 3rd pick didnt help.

I cant believe Oden and Durant are heading out West. As if the gap between the East and West wasn't bad enough.
I was really hoping those two would end up in the East somewhere, the talent difference between East and West keeps growing, it's pretty sick.
LOL at Boston fans.I cant believe Oden and Durant are heading out West. As if the gap between the East and West wasnt bad enough.The Blazers are getting good in a hurry.BTW, I know Suns fans are already ticked, but Atlanta getting the 3rd pick didnt help.
I did not even think of the WEst v. East angle. Great call. Unreal that both of them are heading to the Pacific Northwest of all places. Yes, Celts fans are crying their eyes out......but I bet secretly NBA execs and David Stern are not so thrilled either. Definitely NOT a rigged lottery, eh?

Since I don't tend to follow Bill Simmons, someone link his next article here when he is crying that the celtics end up with some 7 foot Asian dude that can't post up.

Since I don't tend to follow Bill Simmons, someone link his next article here when he is crying that the celtics end up with some 7 foot Asian dude that can't post up.
They either have to trade the pick or go with Corey Brewer.

There seem to be 3 total wild cards in the draft that can really affect the way the lottery is going to break down.Brandon Wright - High upside very rangey player, probably could have used another year under Roy Williams, also needs so fill out his frameMike Conley Jr - Best PG in the draft, but he is only right about 6'0. Could be a defensive liability.Yi JainLian - 7 footer with no go-to post moves and a nice outside shot, like a very poor Dirk at this point.I've seen all of them going in mock drafts as high as number 3, and as low as 14 in some cases (Yi). It seems pretty up in the air after Oden and Durant are gone.

There seem to be 3 total wild cards in the draft that can really affect the way the lottery is going to break down.Brandon Wright - High upside very rangey player, probably could have used another year under Roy Williams, also needs so fill out his frameMike Conley Jr - Best PG in the draft, but he is only right about 6'0. Could be a defensive liability.Yi JainLian - 7 footer with no go-to post moves and a nice outside shot, like a very poor Dirk at this point.I've seen all of them going in mock drafts as high as number 3, and as low as 14 in some cases (Yi). It seems pretty up in the air after Oden and Durant are gone.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nbaHere is Bill Simmons new column.

I read it, Deja Vu... hows that for karma.Honestly I wanted to see Oden or Durant as a Celtic. I miss the days when they were relevant and watching Paul Pierce toil away in mediocrity is almost as bad as what is happening in Minnesota with KG. Not to mention it would be nice to see the east and west balance out a bit power wise.

It's presumed that this draft and the 2003 draft are the changing of the guard in terms of superstar restocking. The east made out well in 2003. With Wayde, LeBron, Bosh, Heinrich and a lot of good role players going out east, I think the future of the the conference is just fine. The Knicks are due and who knows maybe one more year of those players together will solve their lack of chemistry. I think the east has a bright future as soon as the 2003 picks fully mature into more than shoe salesmen. The west (Especially the weak northwest) made out well in this draft. The entire top 10 will probably pan out one way or another into top players and the Simmons melodrama isn't really looking at the big picture. He said in his own article how Wayde slipped to 5. You don't know who the stars are going to be in a few years. The spurs are on their way out, Nash is 33 and and god knows what's going to happen with Houston. If you step back and look at it the competition should stiffen quite nicely in the next 5-10 years.Edit: Not to mention all the money is out east. With the Atlantic, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, all huge BB markets. The money will always be there if good decisions are made.

Outside of the Pistons right now, the East is still relativity weak.The 2k3 class... Wade won his title but his team is going downhill fast, I don't know exactly how the Heat are going to rebuild. The Cavs are still 1 or 2 pieces away from being a real serious title threat to the Pistons or anyone in the West. Toronto is definitely on the way up if they can make one or two more solid moves and get some more experience they will be a real threat. So the 2003 class is good but in a state of flux, not to mention everyone though Anthony was the Durant of that years draft and really Wade has been better all along. Anthony is going to strugle to do much in the western conference on the Nuggets, they just aren't built to win championships yet. Maybe the Celtics get that under the radar guy at 5 like Miami did.The rest of the east... Nets are about to be dismantled, the Bulls are improving but could use a inside scoring presence. Atlanta, they need about anything that can compliment Joe Johnson who is their only consistent player. They keep wasting draft picks on guys with athletic potential who never live up to it. If the Knicks toil in mediocrity for the rest of my life I would be overjoyed. I hope they keep Isiah running the show. Should be an interesting off season.