Could I Have Gotten Away From This?

Playing in a $5.50 10 man SNG on UB. Don't have any hand history. In the small blind and blinds are at 20/40, big blind makes it 120 total. I call with K/9s, My stack is around 650ish. Flop comes K-5-J. I check, Big Blind bets enough to put me all in. I call with my pair of Kings, and he flips over JJ for a set. Any way with my low stack I'm getting away from this hand, or should I have just dumped it preflop? My stack was dwindling down, and I was a little on tilt for being cold decked as it was. Any replys,thanks in advance.

Playing in a $5.50 10 man SNG on UB. Don't have any hand history. In the small blind and blinds are at 20/40, big blind makes it 120 total. I call with K/9s, My stack is around 650ish. Flop comes K-5-J. I check, Big Blind bets enough to put me all in. I call with my pair of Kings, and he flips over JJ for a set. Any way with my low stack I'm getting away from this hand, or should I have just dumped it preflop? My stack was dwindling down, and I was a little on tilt for being cold decked as it was. Any replys,thanks in advance.
When you're short stacked, you're not looking to put in 20% of you chips with a hand like K-9. Since blinds are only 20-40, you have a few orbits to sit around for a premium hand and get your chips in at that time. Dump this preflop, especially to a raise. I can see if you limp in position, but not here.Even postflop, with a raiser behind you, generally his range is any number of hands that beat yours (K-J, K-Q, A-K, K-K, J-J), etc.So you should also have laid this down after the flop. This is the trouble with playing TPWK.

how many are left in SNG? stack sizes? dump pf. you're in push or shove against an open bet, calling is the worst option. I don't think you beat many hands here on the flop as played, maybe AJ. fold for another day.don't post results.

Read the forum rules and edit your post before Zach wakes up.
Boy did it ever take me a while to get to this one.I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Posts titled Could I Have Gotten Away From This? or similar, never adhere to the forum rules.Also, if you are calling PF, you aren't folding this flop.However, the flop is not where you lost this hand.

You didn't give close to enough info (as others have said). One thing which I believe wasn't pointed out was that you said you were in the SB and the BB raised it up. Did you mix up the positions, or did you complete and then he raised??? Was anybody else in the pot?? Also, fold K9 PF. As it is, call the flop.

I think another relavent question here is why do you only have $650 left and the blinds are still 20/40 (Level 2?). I'm not sure what your starting stack is on UB, but If you had been cold decked, I would expect your stack to be roughly the starting minus a couple rounds of blinds. Tight is right early in these.

Actually it was a donkament, I don't ever play online, and I deposited the minumum, it was a $1.10 SNG. I got down to 650 from a sick beat early on, and didn't play a hand for quite a while. I kinda just hovered didn't go up much, didn't go down that much, just picking up small pots. People like to fold BB's and things like that. The first two tournys I played in were $5.50 SNG's and I won both of those. Just felt kinda tired so decided to play a 1.10 SNG. Level of play is alot different I found out. I usually just play live so online is pretty much new to me. Thanks for the reply's.

With your chip stack so low I would have folded pre flop. You should have been tightening up your hands by this point, with the blinds at 20/40 you still have plenty of time to get a hand to double up on. If you follow therrinn's advice in the forum about playing sng's you will do just fine, it works the same for $5 ones as it does for $20 ones. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=53305 If I play 2 hands during the 1st hour I am fine, you just need to push your hands hard when you have great hands. Don't play crap hands early as someone is always willing to put you to a decision you don't want to make.
With your chip stack so low I would have folded pre flop. You should have been tightening up your hands by this point, with the blinds at 20/40 you still have plenty of time to get a hand to double up on. If you follow therrinn's advice in the forum about playing sng's you will do just fine, it works the same for $5 ones as it does for $20 ones. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=53305 If I play 2 hands during the 1st hour I am fine, you just need to push your hands hard when you have great hands. Don't play crap hands early as someone is always willing to put you to a decision you don't want to make.
Therrinn's advice is good, but it has nothing to do with 10 man SNGs...
Indeed, most 9-10 Man SNG's don't last much more than an hour...if they make it that long.
D'oh, I totally missed the 10 man part of the paragraph! You are absolutley right. You get a mulligan when you are new right? :->

Thanks for the reply's guys, really apprecitate it, ill convert my hands next time, and not post results. But in these tournys people act like there scared all the time. You make a standard raise, and everyone folds. No joke, I had A's twice in one tourny, both times from MP or LP make it 2.5XBB, and the whole table folded, and I had been involved in pots as well, wasn't like I was playing uber tight. So when the table is this tight I will be aggressive early, and if the table is aggressive, then I play pretty tight. Just got mixed up in a hand I shouldn't have even played. But thanks again