Potentially Amazing Site That I Can't Get To Work

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, great. ghosts and goblins. now i get to stab my eyes out all over again.i haven't tried this yet--do games like zelda, etc. allow you to save somehow?

Why not just download an emulator and some roms?I just got ZSNES, and spent $10 for a USB controller. Now I can relive my childhood by playing all the games my parents never bought for me.
FTWemulators are +EV

I'm pretty sure that no man sucks more at any game than I suck at Marble Madness.If there is a hell, I'm pretty sure it is run by that black marble that tries to bump you off the edge. I'm pretty sure that no character in all of literature, film, oral history, or otherwise is more evil than the black marble.

this is the true addictive game thread. Damn I havent been able to do anything today.

If there is a hell, I'm pretty sure it is run by that black marble that tries to bump you off the edge. I'm pretty sure that no character in all of literature, film, oral history, or otherwise is more evil than the black marble.
Hahaha, glad someone else feels that way, too.

I don't know if it was the site, or just RBI baseball 3, but I ran spyware and discovered a trojan. I talked to zsta (really computer smart) and he said that this particular virus was nothing to worry about..something to do with java, but I thought I'd let you guys know anyway.

I don't know if it was the site, or just RBI baseball 3, but I ran spyware and discovered a trojan. I talked to zsta (really computer smart) and he said that this particular virus was nothing to worry about..something to do with java, but I thought I'd let you guys know anyway.
Hmm good to know since I'm playing RBI Baseball 3 right now lol
Hmm good to know since I'm playing RBI Baseball 3 right now lol
Awesome game.I only ran spyware because I noticed while playing this game, my computer would have "sticky" (for lack of a better term) moments, and also other programs would not respond (msn messenger).
Awesome game.I only ran spyware because I noticed while playing this game, my computer would have "sticky" (for lack of a better term) moments, and also other programs would not respond (msn messenger).
Well (and this goes for all of you that are complaining about it being slow)I will preface the following paragraph by saying vNES, the emulator that site is running, is written in Java.Java, unlike it's close companion C++, is not being directly run from your machine. Instead, it is being run through your Java Runtime Environment, or JRE. This JRE takes the applet code and executes commands 'virtually' by interpretation, rather then taking in precompiled machine code like C++. It is because of this, Java acts more like an emulator then anything else. And emulation takes a lot more computer resources then running straight machine code. Because of this, running Java applets take more resources then their C++ brethren, and will cause other things on your computer to slow down. Also, in this particular instance, the emulator (Java) is emulating yet another platform, the NES. This will cause sluggish performance of the game unless you have a decently powerful machine. This can be combatted by downloading an emulator that is not coded in java, such as Jnes, and roms.
Well (and this goes for all of you that are complaining about it being slow)I will preface the following paragraph by saying vNES, the emulator that site is running, is written in Java.Java, unlike it's close companion C++, is not being directly run from your machine. Instead, it is being run through your Java Runtime Environment, or JRE. This JRE takes the applet code and executes commands 'virtually' by interpretation, rather then taking in precompiled machine code like C++. It is because of this, Java acts more like an emulator then anything else. And emulation takes a lot more computer resources then running straight machine code. Because of this, running Java applets take more resources then their C++ brethren, and will cause other things on your computer to slow down. Also, in this particular instance, the emulator (Java) is emulating yet another platform, the NES. This will cause sluggish performance of the game unless you have a decently powerful machine. This can be combatted by downloading an emulator that is not coded in java, such as Jnes, and roms.
Way to make us nerds proud :club:

ROM's and emulators are teh ghey. Get the real thing. Part of the fun with NES is blowing in the pin connector to get the thing to work. scram- 500+ NES cart's and counting.

One of the few true joys in life-Flying around a corner in RC Pro-Am in last place, only to see all three cars ahead of you bunched up in the corner- and you have 12 missiles to fire.... :club::D :D :D