Pros That Have Dropped Off The Face Of The Earth

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder where that H@llingol guy is. He used to Play on pokerstars 25/50 everyday with discusting stacks.
2p2 said he was busto a few months back.

Juanda still plays but focuses on the more mjaor tournies now as supposed to the other smaller 5K-10K buy-in events due to the new restaurant he opened (I believe in Santa Monica, CA) called Java Corner (I don't know if this is the offical name but he did express interest in slowing down his poker appearances while showing off his new joint during the ESPN Pro Am, I recall).Phillips retired and has a kid now.......according to his blog he is also seriously considering moving out of the US.Julian Gardner still plays, although mostly in the UK and Europe. I believe he finished top 3 in a recent EPT event over the last year. He was also seen on the William Hill Poker Grand Prix II, which can be seen on pokertube.comAs for Tomko and Lederer, those guys are old bucks so they don't need (and maybe can't physically) hustle like they used to. Tomko's son is a poker player. Lederer only plays the biggest events, including winning the TV Announcer's version of Poker After Dark. The money they made in poker has most likely been invested......both are good friends with Dan Harrington who apparently is a trusted wiz in the field by the older poker pros and is a part of his own investment company, Anchor Loans. And in a sick, twisted way.......hearing someone go busto makes me not feel as bad about losing 400 dollars in the last day. I hear Hell is seasonably warm this time of year.

Juanda still plays but focuses on the more mjaor tournies now as supposed to the other smaller 5K-10K buy-in events due to the new restaurant he opened (I believe in Santa Monica, CA) called Java Corner (I don't know if this is the offical name but he did express interest in slowing down his poker appearances while showing off his new joint during the ESPN Pro Am, I recall).Phillips retired and has a kid now.......according to his blog he is also seriously considering moving out of the US.Julian Gardner still plays, although mostly in the UK and Europe. I believe he finished top 3 in a recent EPT event over the last year. He was also seen on the William Hill Poker Grand Prix II, which can be seen on pokertube.comAs for Tomko and Lederer, those guys are old bucks so they don't need (and maybe can't physically) hustle like they used to. Tomko's son is a poker player. Lederer only plays the biggest events, including winning the TV Announcer's version of Poker After Dark. The money they made in poker has most likely been invested......both are good friends with Dan Harrington who apparently is a trusted wiz in the field by the older poker pros and is a part of his own investment company, Anchor Loans. And in a sick, twisted way.......hearing someone go busto makes me not feel as bad about losing 400 dollars in the last day. I hear Hell is seasonably warm this time of year.
On the Juanda one, the restaurant's name is actually Java Spicehttp://www.fulltiltpoker.com/pro-chat-arch...;time=1:01:29AM
I know Tom McEvoy plays on PS with the TLB winners each week, but does he still play live anymore? Also is he a tournament only player or does he play cash as well?
McEvoy is a baby back bit.ch
The guy is pretty effing twisted. I won't go into detail but on the flight home from the last tournament I played, I ended up sitting beside Todd (I think) Preston. We both had a few drinks and started chatting, and he started talking about how sick his dad is and some of the things that have happened. I think he said there will be a new book with his true life story coming out in the near future.
youre just gonna leave us hanging like that?
Paul Phillips
he had a baby and is doing professional scrabble. he's a guy who never has to worry about money and will do whatever keeps his intrest at the time
2318.pngI think Brian Haveson is lost. If you see him, please tell him that Altamonte Springs is a few miles north of Orlando Florida and that there is someone there who would like to see him... pronto.
2318.pngI think Brian Haveson is lost. If you see him, please tell him that Altamonte Springs is a few miles north of Orlando Florida and that there is someone there who would like to see him... pronto.
Hey you! I was thinking about you the other day, out of the blue (you not Haveson). How are you, darling?
Hey you! I was thinking about you the other day, out of the blue (you not Haveson). How are you, darling?
Hey sweetie... I was thinking about you too... seriously, no joke. I was wearing that pretty necklace you sent me. I am doing much much better... how are you?
Hey sweetie... I was thinking about you too... seriously, no joke. I was wearing that pretty necklace you sent me. I am doing much much better... how are you?
I'm fantastic. You know Vegas is in the works, right? You should come!
I'm fantastic. You know Vegas is in the works, right? You should come!
Can you send me the details? I didn't think would be able to go but now I think I can. I would love to see everyone again, especially you!
Can you send me the details? I didn't think would be able to go but now I think I can. I would love to see everyone again, especially you!
PM sent.[/hijack]