Wtf Went On During This 30/60 Hand?!?!?

Was at Bellagio today with family and went back to the poker room to see what I could see... stopped at a 30/60 limit game to watch for a few minutes. Everyone folded to the blinds, the SB refused to chop, just called, BB check. Flop was something like 6 7 3, SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. Turn was I think a 2, SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. River 8. SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. BB shows 6 4 for pair of 6's with worst possible kicker that beats the board. SB MUCKS. SB put in 30+30+60+60= 180 (only 15 of it involuntarily) and COULDN'T BEAT a pair of 6's! The only hand I could even possibly put him on was 62? Or maybe he had A2 or A3 and got himself in deep and had to make the "crying call" on the river? Maybe 55 pocket? Maybe I'm blind and someone else can put him on a legit hand that 1. He wouldn't chop preflop. 2. He called all the way down INCLUDING the river? Of course maybe he had a "read" on the guy or maybe the guy had been bluffing a lot, etc. But if you call him down to "stick up" to him, don't you show him your Ace high that you called him down with even if you are beat, just to prove a point?!? I'm lost, maybe 30/60 is way out of my "league" and they were several levels of play ABOVE me... but this hand bewildered me?!?!

Was at Bellagio today with family and went back to the poker room to see what I could see... stopped at a 30/60 limit game to watch for a few minutes. Everyone folded to the blinds, the SB refused to chop, just called, BB check. Flop was something like 6 7 3, SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. Turn was I think a 2, SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. River 8. SB checks, BB bets, SB calls. BB shows 6 4 for pair of 6's with worst possible kicker that beats the board. SB MUCKS. SB put in 30+30+60+60= 180 (only 15 of it involuntarily) and COULDN'T BEAT a pair of 6's! The only hand I could even possibly put him on was 62? Or maybe he had A2 or A3 and got himself in deep and had to make the "crying call" on the river? Maybe 55 pocket? Maybe I'm blind and someone else can put him on a legit hand that 1. He wouldn't chop preflop. 2. He called all the way down INCLUDING the river? Of course maybe he had a "read" on the guy or maybe the guy had been bluffing a lot, etc. But if you call him down to "stick up" to him, don't you show him your Ace high that you called him down with even if you are beat, just to prove a point?!? I'm lost, maybe 30/60 is way out of my "league" and they were several levels of play ABOVE me... but this hand bewildered me?!?!
You walked up to rail a game and expect to get a read on the table immediately? More importantly you want us to decipher what was going on in the hand w/o a description of the players?

I've watched that game a few times when I've visited there, and always see strange things going on. I do however, see the same guy there (3 times) so he must know something about these players as well.

You walked up to rail a game and expect to get a read on the table immediately? More importantly you want us to decipher what was going on in the hand w/o a description of the players?
So, did you buy in and take it down like the master that you are?No?Oh. Okay.
ya know, this post does have some strategy content to it. but even if you think it doesnt, replying in a way that doesnt add anything constructive isnt helping anyone. more than likely SB had something like 44 or A3, although I would think leading out on the flop (or c/r if you know the BB will bet) would be better than c/c the whole way. the river call wouldn't make much sense either unless you know BB will bluff or bet A high hands when checked to.