A Woman's Place In Christianity

So what that it's Old Testament - I was saying that there is denigration of women in the Bible - is the Old Testament not a part of the Bible? The numerical figures given in Leviticus 27 are denigrading to women.As for the New Testament - well there's Ephesians 5....22: Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.23: For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.24: Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.So what if men are told to love their wives? This passage clearly says that wives are of lower value than their husbands in status. As for treated more harshly, how about:1 Timothy 211: A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.12: I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
I love watching Christian get backed into a corner using their own silly books. Strike that, cause it's not the part that I really love.It's the mental gymnastics that LMD and others will surely be here to perform just shortly. Twisting and contorting themselves while trying to reason their way out of this. Amazing.
So what that it's Old Testament - I was saying that there is denigration of women in the Bible - is the Old Testament not a part of the Bible? The numerical figures given in Leviticus 27 are denigrading to women.As for the New Testament - well there's Ephesians 5....22: Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.23: For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.24: Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.So what if men are told to love their wives? This passage clearly says that wives are of lower value than their husbands in status. As for treated more harshly, how about:1 Timothy 211: A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.12: I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
You are missing so much of the picture it really is useless. It's as if you are observing a architectual work of art but you can only see the bathroom door. Not only that, but you won't even bother to look at anything else- "I have seen the shitter door, I am good. Let's go, baby."