An Atlanta Braves Thread

That article doesn't take into account that hitting earlier makes it likely he is hitting around better hitters. With more guys on base in front of him and/or better hitters coming up after him, the benefits of a good hitter become more important.With that considered, we're probably looking at a total effect of like, 5-6 runs, instead of 4.And while I appreciate the author's point that it doesn't need to be made such a big deal of, let's also not forget how incredibly obvious it is. It'd be like if someone offered you a delicious chocolate milkshake, or a delicious chocolate milkshake with whipped cream. Sure it isn't a big difference, but the benefits are obvious, and there is no good reason not to take them! Unless you're lactose intolerant I guess. Perhaps my analogy is imperfect.
As far as mentioning those things you think he supposedly doesn't take into account, I'm just going to assume you don't know who Dave Cameron is.Anyway, I agree it's incredibly obvious (as I stated previously), as does Cameron, and a massive army of others. The real point of the article is not to dismiss concerns about the batting order incorrectness, but merely to point out that we shouldn't overreact to it because its impact is really only likely to be worth half a win or so at worst.
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

The real point of the article is not to dismiss concerns about the batting order incorrectness, but merely to point out that we shouldn't overreact to it because its impact is really only likely to be worth half a win or so at worst.
A win was fairly consequential last year.

not sure if you guys watch MLB network but they have been counting down the best games of all time. This coming sunday will be the braves pirates game. They have Sid Bream, Andy Van Slyke and Mark Lemke on the panel breaking the game down.

As far as mentioning those things you think he supposedly doesn't take into account, I'm just going to assume you don't know who Dave Cameron is.Anyway, I agree it's incredibly obvious (as I stated previously), as does Cameron, and a massive army of others. The real point of the article is not to dismiss concerns about the batting order incorrectness, but merely to point out that we shouldn't overreact to it because its impact is really only likely to be worth half a win or so at worst.
I do know who Dave Cameron is. If he left out something that I thought of, he left it out on purpose. I have not had a thought in my life that Dave Cameron hadn't fully considered by the time he was out of diapers.In typical fashion he makes his thoughts clear, and in doing so, makes it apparent he did not consider that aspect.His point is really not any less valid though. People should cry about him batting Heyward, but not as much as we have been. Looks like Heyward's already getting moved up in the order anyhoo.
  • 3 weeks later...
Hopefully we're getting on a roll.
yee, you guys are looking good.btw, i hope the braves fire that psycho bench coach.
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, it'll get better. McCann homers tonight and they win. They'll win 3 of the next 4, and Prado will reach base (hit or walk) 9 times in that span, scoring 5 times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where is everybody? :icon_frown:Good acquisition today.
Great acquisition, I think. In terms of filling their need and not giving up a lot, I think this is the best deal of the deadline for a contender. Bourn can be overrated, but he's still a very solid leadoff hitter and good enough CF. Considering they gave up little to nothing in prospects, and he replaces Jordan Shaefer in their lineup, that is a big win.

wow first post on fcp in months I think.....anyways, I love the Bourn deal, but now all of a sudden I am worried about pitching. Whats going on? Also, it's getting really annoying how much the Nationals own us in DC. I'm to the point of settling for wild card but dan the D Backs are hot now and we got to keep this thing going. Am I getting too worried???? lolwhat it be?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

As soon as we lose our franchise catcher

Ugh. I don't pay as close attention this time of the year, so this was the first I heard. I sort of expected we'd lose him...but it still stings that he's going to the Yankees. I guess he was in a pissy mood towards the end of the season.

Losing Hudson's no fun either.

Heyward clearly my favorite now.

Oh, at least we still have BJ Upton and Uggla. =P