An Atlanta Braves Thread

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

Omar ****ing Infante? Are you shitting me?
Anytime you can get a utility player with a 708 OPS in the all-star game, you gotta do it. I think the all-star game should be all about the players that fans want to see, mostly regardless of who has had the best half season. I would want Strassburg in the game because he's a pitcher that everybody wants to watch.

I will take a 4 game lead heading to the break. McLouth has looked good so far in his rehab stint. It would be huge to get a healthy Heyward and at least a semi productive McLouth back after the break.

Wow very surprising. The braves are always moving around their SS. Since the early 90's which SS has been at the position the longest? Either Blauser or Furcal right?
One of these, I'd think.Furcal was with the Braves 2000-2005 and out for most of one season.Blauser was with the Braves 1987-1997, but, from what I can tell, was primary shortstop 1990-1997 (excluding '91 and '92).
One of these, I'd think.Furcal was with the Braves 2000-2005 and out for most of one season.Blauser was with the Braves 1987-1997, but, from what I can tell, was primary shortstop 1990-1997 (excluding '91 and '92).
For some reason I was never a very big fan of Blauser. I remember he had an incredible year in his contract year, and the Braves gave him a huge deal (for a SS in those days). Of course, he was terrible after getting that contract.I was at the game Wednesday to see Wags blow a rare save for him, but unfortunately I was unable to spot Andy Roddick's wife at any point during the game :club:
For some reason I was never a very big fan of Blauser. I remember he had an incredible year in his contract year, and the Braves gave him a huge deal (for a SS in those days). Of course, he was terrible after getting that contract.
Blauser is definitely top 3 for my "least favorite" Braves since I've been a fan.
Blauser is definitely top 3 for my "least favorite" Braves since I've been a fan.
I wasn't a huge blauser fan either but comparing him to rafael belliard blauser seemed like Albert Pujols. hmm that would be an interesting top 3 least favorite. I would say mine would be1. Kenny Lofton - that trade they did I hated it from the beginning. I really liked Marquis Grissom and thought they didn't give Grissom the respect he deserved. He was one hell of a center fielder.2. Alejandro Pena - Seemed like that guy could never hold the win down. And his throwing mechanics just bothered me greatly. 3. Roberto Kelly - I just thought he was the biggest plug out there. Not too mention I think this was the time that he was going through an identity crisis when he didn't know if he wanted to be called Roberto or Bobby. With doing this list made me think of doing my favorite top 3. Of course I am going to leave out Dale cause he would clearly be on the list. 1. Chipper - From when he came up in the start of his career he has always been one of my favorites. I remember in college I did a statistical analysis of his numbers and whether he would be on pace and reach HOF status. Not too mention the only braves game I have ever been to he homered in. Happen the summer of 96 against the rockies. (sometimes just amazing the things you can remember)2. Ron Gant - Was a toss up between him and Klesko here just cause they both had awesome homerun cuts. 3. As much as I would like to pick one of the big 4 Terry P was just a stud. Not too mention as a coach he is top notch and the man can just hit anything. I know if I look at this list another time my second guy may not be there but right now I got love for gant.

byaaatch, not to be a jerk, but I noticed that you always write 'too' when saying 'not to mention'. Just trying to be helpful. :)Let me think of other Braves that I didn't like...Otis Nixon. Despite that incredible catch he made, I still can't forgive him for bunting the final out of a WS.Every closer not named John Smoltz. Every now and then we'll pick up someone that's mildly competent for a season, but no one else has been Smoltz. I will say that I've tried very hard to like Wagner this season...though he's failed more times than I would like.

byaaatch, not to be a jerk, but I noticed that you always write 'too' when saying 'not to mention'. Just trying to be helpful. :)Let me think of other Braves that I didn't like...Otis Nixon. Despite that incredible catch he made, I still can't forgive him for bunting the final out of a WS.Every closer not named John Smoltz. Every now and then we'll pick up someone that's mildly competent for a season, but no one else has been Smoltz. I will say that I've tried very hard to like Wagner this season...though he's failed more times than I would like.
When you wrote that I was like no way cause I know the difference but I guess for some reason I do that when I am typing. Stay on topic jerk.... not too mention we are talking about the braves. hehehehehehe. I do agree a bit with otis and his stupid ass bunt. I still remember watching that at my grandparents house and was yelling at the TV and then proceeded to go outside and bitch about how stupid can he be to try and bunt for the last out. Oh thought of another pitcher Charlie Liebrandt. I believe he pitched that game when otis decided to bunt. As far as closers I didn't mind Wholers and I did like Rocker, but I think I liked him more for his attitude cause the man did blow some saves. I feel the same about Wagner too.
When you wrote that I was like no way cause I know the difference but I guess for some reason I do that when I am typing. Stay on topic jerk.... not too mention we are talking about the braves. hehehehehehe. I do agree a bit with otis and his stupid ass bunt. I still remember watching that at my grandparents house and was yelling at the TV and then proceeded to go outside and bitch about how stupid can he be to try and bunt for the last out. Oh thought of another pitcher Charlie Liebrandt. I believe he pitched that game when otis decided to bunt. As far as closers I didn't mind Wholers and I did like Rocker, but I think I liked him more for his attitude cause the man did blow some saves. I feel the same about Wagner too.
My all time most hated Brave has got to be Ray King. I will never forget him throwing a pitch to the backstop while intentionally walking someone to let a crucial run score. I really couldn't stand him.I don't know if anybody saw the interview with Nate about being sent down, but he took it extremely well. He didn't cry about it like Francoeur did when he was sent down. It was good to see a former All Star admit that he deserved to be sent down to work on things.I have to be in Cincy this weekend and am def going to the Friday night game and hope to catch the Saturday game as well since I love watching JJ pitch. Can't believe how well it worked that the Braves just happen to be in town the weekend I was going up there.Will the Phillies ever lose???
My all time most hated Brave has got to be Ray King. I will never forget him throwing a pitch to the backstop while intentionally walking someone to let a crucial run score. I really couldn't stand him.I don't know if anybody saw the interview with Nate about being sent down, but he took it extremely well. He didn't cry about it like Francoeur did when he was sent down. It was good to see a former All Star admit that he deserved to be sent down to work on things.I have to be in Cincy this weekend and am def going to the Friday night game and hope to catch the Saturday game as well since I love watching JJ pitch. Can't believe how well it worked that the Braves just happen to be in town the weekend I was going up there.Will the Phillies ever lose???
awesome game you saw!
The 7th inning last night was possibly the worst defensive inning I've ever seen by the Braves.
Yeah, that was pathetic. It honestly looked like something you would see at the local Little League park. I guess the bright side is that Minor looked good in his debut.

Tonight was "better", though it looked bleak there for a bit. I think they've now had something like 18 errors in 11 games.

Tonight was "better", though it looked bleak there for a bit. I think they've now had something like 18 errors in 11 games.
Most errors in baseball since the All Star break, and 11 of their past 13 errors have been from the 6th inning on. That is not a good trend to get into. On a side note, I think Chip is done for the season. Helluva play he made last night, but too bad the way it ended for him.
Most errors in baseball since the All Star break, and 11 of their past 13 errors have been from the 6th inning on. That is not a good trend to get into. On a side note, I think Chip is done for the season. Helluva play he made last night, but too bad the way it ended for him.
Yep. ACL surgery set to sideline him for 6 months. As much of a fixture as he is in the lineup, it's time for Heyward to assume his rightful spot as the 3 hole hitter for the next 10 years.

chipper out for the season and probably he is done. great career, one of my favorite players ever, and a HOF for sure. one of the last great players to play his whole career with one team. plus he was a Durham bull. doesn't get much better than that.

chipper out for the season and probably he is done. great career, one of my favorite players ever, and a HOF for sure. one of the last great players to play his whole career with one team. plus he was a Durham bull. doesn't get much better than that.
He goes about the game the right way and has immense knowledge of the art of hitting. He went through a full AB, pitch by pitch, against K Rod a couple of years back. He went through what he thought before every pitch and why that was his way of thinking. I think I learned more about hitting from that one interview than all others combined. With all the said, I have a gut feeling he will be back in a Braves uniform next year. I think he would have retired had the injury not happened, but will not want to go out because of an injury. Just my thoughts.
He goes about the game the right way and has immense knowledge of the art of hitting. He went through a full AB, pitch by pitch, against K Rod a couple of years back. He went through what he thought before every pitch and why that was his way of thinking. I think I learned more about hitting from that one interview than all others combined. With all the said, I have a gut feeling he will be back in a Braves uniform next year. I think he would have retired had the injury not happened, but will not want to go out because of an injury. Just my thoughts.
i remember that interview. he is one of the best hitters ever. and i do hope he comes back, i really do. ending a HOF career on a blown knee sucks. but i see him stepping away from the game since bobby is leaving, speaking of another legend. it would be kind of fitting if they retired together.