An Atlanta Braves Thread

Tied with St Louis for the best record in the NL. Would be ecstatic if we can get 3 out of 4 from a hot team on the road.
And it might have happened if Cox has brought in Wagner instead of Chavez. Wags hasn't pitched in 3 or 4 days, and Chavez is a walking disaster.Splitting 4 with the Dodgers on the road isn't a bad way to start the road trip, though. Especially if we can take 3 in Arizona.Also, according to Pendelton, Heyward's thumb injury might slow him down all year.http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2...nta_braves_blog
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

And it might have happened if Cox has brought in Wagner instead of Chavez. Wags hasn't pitched in 3 or 4 days, and Chavez is a walking disaster.Splitting 4 with the Dodgers on the road isn't a bad way to start the road trip, though. Especially if we can take 3 in Arizona.Also, according to Pendelton, Heyward's thumb injury might slow him down all year.http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2...nta_braves_blog
Chavez is just plain terrible. I just don't understand how everyone can see it but Cox.I would never not want Heyward to play in his first All Star game if he gets voted in or chosen by Manuel, but it sure would be nice for him to have 3 consecutive days off to let that thumb heal..........
Chavez is just plain terrible. I just don't understand how everyone can see it but Cox.I would never not want Heyward to play in his first All Star game if he gets voted in or chosen by Manuel, but it sure would be nice for him to have 3 consecutive days off to let that thumb heal..........
Heyward is up to second in the voting, so he might not get that long weekend off.Also, Prado and McCann (I believe) have both moved to number 2 in the voting.
Heyward is up to second in the voting, so he might not get that long weekend off.Also, Prado and McCann (I believe) have both moved to number 2 in the voting.
Very nice. I was really hoping with the recent surge and Philly's lull that they'd move up.Painful game last night. I feel pretty bad for Kawakami.
Very nice. I was really hoping with the recent surge and Philly's lull that they'd move up.Painful game last night. I feel pretty bad for Kawakami.
He pitched his ass off. We should have taken 3/4 from the DBacks with ease.If we grab 1 from Minny, we're guaranteed the division lead when we getback home for the Rays.
He pitched his ass off. We should have taken 3/4 from the DBacks with ease.If we grab 1 from Minny, we're guaranteed the division lead when we getback home for the Rays.
It is nice to see Heyward, McCann and Prado moving up in the voting. I know Prado will never pass Utley, but he damn well deserves to start the All Star game.We def should have taken 3 of 4 in Arizona, but I will take the split considering we stranded 47 runners in the series. Def will have to improve on that in Minnesota if we want to take that sereis. I would be extremely happy with 6-5 on this road trip and really wouldn't be disappointed with a 5-6 road trip.

once they get healthy again i think they start to distance themselves from the mets and the phillies will have a hard to catching at the end of the year. homestand = braves cementing a post season run if they can avoid major injuries.

once they get healthy again i think they start to distance themselves from the mets and the phillies will have a hard to catching at the end of the year. homestand = braves cementing a post season run if they can avoid major injuries.
JJ needs to shake the rust off and get back into the rotation and Heyward absolutely must get his thumb healthy. However, McLouth can stay on the DL forever for all I care.
good winHanson lookin goooooodlets win the series tomorrow , why not?
Hanson was just plain sick last night. Leaving work and heading to the game to hopefully see us get a series win tonight. Hopefully Huddy will keep throwing well and Shields will get rocked for at least one more outing.....
Hanson was just plain sick last night. Leaving work and heading to the game to hopefully see us get a series win tonight. Hopefully Huddy will keep throwing well and Shields will get rocked for at least one more outing.....
Close enough. I don't get Peachtree games and had to watch it on ESPN Gamecast. How did Heyward's homer look live?
Close enough. I don't get Peachtree games and had to watch it on ESPN Gamecast. How did Heyward's homer look live?
It was pretty much a rope just like all of his has been. It went to the section right next to me and I was right by the Braves bullpen. The Braves still haven't lost a series since early May against the Phils. Pretty hard to believe that would happen the way they were playing at the time.Will the Mets ever lose again???
It feels dirty, I agree.And of course they lose. Fucking Yankees.
I have had to root for the Yanks for a week now against the Phils and the Mets and it hurts. At least they finally pulled one out today. Let's get a win against Greinke tonight and go for the sweep and KK's first win tomorrow.
ok so we ran into a hot CWS team, was bound to happen at some point, lets get back to The Ted and take care of Detroit
We just lost our share of first. The Muts have sole possession now. Outside of Hanson's blow up, the pitching was fine, we just need to get the bats going and try to find some more power. With any luck, Bobby will sit Heyward for a few days and see if his thumb heals. A hot Heyward will do wonders for this team.

I was wrong, the Mets lost last night and the Braves retained the small lead. However, after today's losses by NY and Philly, the Braves gain a game on both, on the back of a Kenshin Kawakami gem for his first W of the season.

Just one more win and we guarantee ourselves less than 10 losses at home going into July. (I heard somewhere that no MLB team had ever done that...probably excluding a strike year obviously.)

Just one more win and we guarantee ourselves less than 10 losses at home going into July. (I heard somewhere that no MLB team had ever done that...probably excluding a strike year obviously.)
28-9 home record is def not too shabby. We face the Marlins 3 best in Johnson, Sanchez and Nolasco and the 3 Phils that give us the most trouble in Halladay, Hamels and Moyer even though we have hit Hamels well occasionally. I will take 3-3 in the next 6 and be content.
28-9 home record is def not too shabby. We face the Marlins 3 best in Johnson, Sanchez and Nolasco and the 3 Phils that give us the most trouble in Halladay, Hamels and Moyer even though we have hit Hamels well occasionally. I will take 3-3 in the next 6 and be content.
2-0 so far. Not too shabby.