An Atlanta Braves Thread

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

GG smoltzy.Hope to see you on ESPN some day.
Listening to his press conference right now. He says that he hasn't lost his competitiveness, and that he still wants to compete. He's going to go through rehab, and he said if he can physically do it and help this team next year then he will.Would love to see Smoltzy on the mound again, but if not see ya in Cooperstown!
Another solid start to the homestand. Let's keep it up vs. the Phils and we're in good shape.
Big big big series this weekend....we don't face Hamels or Myers (even though we normally hit him really well)....let's gogogogo

Wow we are really bad right now. I have no idea why Francoeur is hitting 3rd rather than McCann in Chipper's absence. He is just terrible right now. Hopefully Chipper is coming back tonight (they said it's a good possibility).On to the good news....Glavine has an elbow strain and will miss his next start which hopefully means Morton will finally be called up and get a well deserved start. He has been sick in Richmond and looks like a top of the rotation guy.

Wow we are really bad right now. I have no idea why Francoeur is hitting 3rd rather than McCann in Chipper's absence. He is just terrible right now. Hopefully Chipper is coming back tonight (they said it's a good possibility).On to the good news....Glavine has an elbow strain and will miss his next start which hopefully means Morton will finally be called up and get a well deserved start. He has been sick in Richmond and looks like a top of the rotation guy.
Hudson, Jurrjens, JoJo, Campillo, Morton... I like the way that sounds, assuming they all live up to their potential. That rotation has a chance to have two legit aces, or a frontline starter and 4 rookies with too much pressure put on them.Francoeur 3rd is unfathomable. Cox needs to put Blacno in right and Anderson in center to give Frenchy a chance to get it together.
Hudson, Jurrjens, JoJo, Campillo, Morton... I like the way that sounds, assuming they all live up to their potential. That rotation has a chance to have two legit aces, or a frontline starter and 4 rookies with too much pressure put on them.Francoeur 3rd is unfathomable. Cox needs to put Blacno in right and Anderson in center to give Frenchy a chance to get it together.
Agree completely....Morton has ace-type stuff.Really glad that Francoeur turned down our long term offer last spring and this spring right now. He has got to learn how to hit rather than just being a free swinger. He could take a few lessons on hitting from his best friend and ex-roommate.
Agree completely....Morton has ace-type stuff.Really glad that Francoeur turned down our long term offer last spring and this spring right now. He has got to learn how to hit rather than just being a free swinger. He could take a few lessons on hitting from his best friend and ex-roommate.
The thing is, Frenchy has shown more patience this year than I've seen from him in the past. It's almost like he's selectively pressing, if that makes any sense.
The thing is, Frenchy has shown more patience this year than I've seen from him in the past. It's almost like he's selectively pressing, if that makes any sense.
It def makes sense. He still needs to learn how to "hit" though. I think it was the first game of the Phillies series last weekend and Chip and Texy had both just walked to load the bases. And instead of being patient and waiting on his pitch, he swings at the first pitch and grounds into a DP to end the inning. He has to learn when to be selective and when to be aggressive. All of the tools are def there, he just needs to learn how to use them. I think (hopefully) it will come with time, just have to be patient.
It def makes sense. He still needs to learn how to "hit" though. I think it was the first game of the Phillies series last weekend and Chip and Texy had both just walked to load the bases. And instead of being patient and waiting on his pitch, he swings at the first pitch and grounds into a DP to end the inning. He has to learn when to be selective and when to be aggressive. All of the tools are def there, he just needs to learn how to use them. I think (hopefully) it will come with time, just have to be patient.
Hypothetical question: Frenchy struggles through the summer and Jordan Schaefer progress well, prompting a mid-season call up. Do you go with an outfield of Diaz/Blanco, Kotsay, and Schaefer, will Josh Anderson as a spare outfielder and look to deal Frenchy for some starting pitching?

This is so bad that it's laughable right now. I can barely even watch this team play. If I were Huddy I would be extremely pissed off right now. They have now cost him at least 3 wins already this season. Wowwowowow I don't know what else to say anymore.

Al you have to do is ask... Morton starts Saturday in Anaheim.

first ML start at Anaheim........gonna be tough, hope he fares wellwatching this team in the 7-9th innings just makes me want to puke

pyob4.jpg
My buddy that's a Cub's fan texted me this.I replied: "Beating the Braves right now is like abusing a crippled person."Fortunately, we managed to pull a win in Anaheim.
Morton looks good thus far. Outside of a rough 3rd, I don't think he's allowed a baserunner.
Was really happy with Morton's performance last night. Not many balls were hit hard and he missed a lot of barrels (We just got shut out while I'm typing this). Good series overall....won 2 out of 3. Maybe we can build on this......hopefully?