While he did make some horrendous calls, especially at the end, he played many hands correctly, although they were not really difficult ones to make. (calling all in with KK for example, and I think calling with a huge stack with the AQ early on to attempt eliminate a player) And when they were three handed his decisions went in the toilet. Not calling with A high when his opponent had an ante let? Wow.
I was being facetious, but I think my point remains the same. It wasn't really a model of how to win a poker tournament. That poor ******* who waited for his AK and got shot down with dolly parton ... LOL

I missed the first K5 hand. I left the room and as I came back in, I heard Vince talking about how he just spaced out. Here's the bright side... Stan winning that tourny that way should stir up the fish some.

Stan's call with K-5 has to be logged in the donk Hall of Fame. What in the hell was he thinking? I thought he played his cards well up to that point, with the exception of giving up on the previous hand and letting HD win it with his K. Of course, all the other plays were no brainers. After that call he went downhill and got lucky as hell to win. I feel bad as Hd absolutely deserved that win.

Haven't been lurking around here for a while but totally forgot that they were showing the Mirage WPT final table on the 4th April in the USA.Alas I will not get to see it for quite some time as it will not be shown in the UK for at least another 6-9mths so my memory on some of the hands is a little vague 11 months on but at leat it's another of those memories that I will be able to cherish hopefully long into old age.The bottom line of it all, however, is that some are going to hate me and some are going to love me as on TV they can edit things any way they see fit but one thing I will point out is that when stacking chips after the Aces v Stan Weiss I really didn't mean to get under his skin with any comments and it was probably something said in my excitement and in the heat of attle after having just won a massive pot.As for the overall final table play itself I do recall my cards drying up completely when heads up but that despite this I didn't play too well at that stage of the tournament and usually its a case of he who bets first wins as most often both of you miss so please don't be too hard on Stan Weiss because he does seem like a nice guy and imho played better than me when heads up and was a worthy winner and I am not just saying that. It is easy to be critcal of individual plays when taken in isolation but he was a very tricky customer with his strength being his unpredictability. When someone is unpredictable it makes them extremely difficult to play against as you have to constantly second guess yourself as to whether to go for the throat now or wait for a better spot. Put simply he was never scared to put chips in the pot and that makes anyone and spcifically him a very dangerous player.No doubt I played a number of hands badly and hopefully some quite well but I really do not know which hands were shown and which omitted.Re: My Jacks v David Williams 9's - yes that was sweet and I do recall saying in pre final table interviews when asked about my opponents that David Williams would ahve to show a little more respect than usual for those that re raise him but a pair like 9's is a monster when short handed and its difficult to know how anyone can get away from pairs in this kind of scenario where the blinds are so high in relation to the chip stack sizes. But then thats another form of luck in poker - ghetting a hand v a hand and it holdng up. We tend to remember the bad beats but this is also a part of luck that we all need to succeed. (I also recall saying that I thought Stan Weiss had no shot at winning as I had seen him do some eird plays the day before but obviously those words came back to haunt me).On a final point thanks for all the kind words as it's nice to have support from members of this site and for those that don't like me or my plays - well please don't be too critical of me as whats shown on TV is heavily edited not to mention that we are wearing microphones heavily hyped up and prone to showing emotion.Good luck to all of you and hope to meet you some day across the tables.

All class harry. Congrats on your finish at mirage.
Many Thanks. I estimate I have approximately 16-18mths worth of poker left in me so I had better try and win won of these events pretty quickly as I can't play in anywhere near as many as I would like and the WSOP events are just getting way to big. As if that wasn't bad enough in Monte Carlo last week there were hundreds of 18 and 19 year old Scandinavians who were seriously good and their younger brothers and sisters are going to make them look like also rans.So aynone who wants to do anything in poker and is currently aged 20+ you had better do something in the next couple of years because the next generation of players is about to overun poker globally.

One hand in which you made an excellent call with 2nd pair of 8's, (dont recall your side card) and it ended up being 3rd pair, you were a bit over enthused afterward but a beautiful call none the less. Stan was dejected.

One hand in which you made an excellent call with 2nd pair of 8's, (dont recall your side card) and it ended up being 3rd pair, you were a bit over enthused afterward but a beautiful call none the less. Stan was dejected.
Honestly can't recall the hand but probably was thinking along the line of "This is the best hand and I have decided to call him down to the river regardless and let him keep bluffing if necessary at the pot."Bottom line is that in poker we only have gut instinct to go by a lot of the time and there is no choice but to follow that. Very unscientific I know but looks good when you are right and a complete Donk when you are wrong;-(
Many Thanks. I estimate I have approximately 16-18mths worth of poker left in me so I had better try and win won of these events pretty quickly as I can't play in anywhere near as many as I would like and the WSOP events are just getting way to big. As if that wasn't bad enough in Monte Carlo last week there were hundreds of 18 and 19 year old Scandinavians who were seriously good and their younger brothers and sisters are going to make them look like also rans.So aynone who wants to do anything in poker and is currently aged 20+ you had better do something in the next couple of years because the next generation of players is about to overun poker globally.
WOW, OMG, can't believe the great Harry D is reading this, I just watched the WPT final table. You did deserve to win Harry, but in the HU, you made on big blunder in my view. When you raised 400k with K-10 of spades and Stan made it 1200k to go with Q-10 off, I think you gotta make a read, fold if you think he's got you dominated or a hand like AQ, or put him all in if you think your hand is a coinflip or better. Calling like you did, with him to bet first at the flop which you AND him are likely to miss completely like you did, I think is the weakest play. It was this hand, as seen on the broadcast that led Stan back in control of the match, which you had almost the whole way since the AA hand.By the way, I love your manner at the poker table, I can't stand bad losers, and you seem like a worthy winner and opponent. Also I think it would make you a better player and person, and the post-tournament interview was one of the best I have seen. Regards, 18 year old scandinavian card player.

Well played Harry! I remember getting a free DVD in a paper of the VC Cup a few years ago and it getting me 'into' poker. I still remember that your style and class at the table was a part of something that drew me to the game. Anyway, I thought I'd point out that I'm in England and have downloaded your WPT episode from ThePokerBay and it was easy to do. I don't know if you'd want to but if you wanted to see the episode on your computer you could this way. Congrats on the win.

Haven't been lurking around here for a while but totally forgot that they were showing the Mirage WPT final table on the 4th April in the USA.Alas I will not get to see it for quite some time as it will not be shown in the UK for at least another 6-9mths so my memory on some of the hands is a little vague 11 months on but at leat it's another of those memories that I will be able to cherish hopefully long into old age.The bottom line of it all, however, is that some are going to hate me and some are going to love me as on TV they can edit things any way they see fit but one thing I will point out is that when stacking chips after the Aces v Stan Weiss I really didn't mean to get under his skin with any comments and it was probably something said in my excitement and in the heat of attle after having just won a massive pot.As for the overall final table play itself I do recall my cards drying up completely when heads up but that despite this I didn't play too well at that stage of the tournament and usually its a case of he who bets first wins as most often both of you miss so please don't be too hard on Stan Weiss because he does seem like a nice guy and imho played better than me when heads up and was a worthy winner and I am not just saying that. It is easy to be critcal of individual plays when taken in isolation but he was a very tricky customer with his strength being his unpredictability. When someone is unpredictable it makes them extremely difficult to play against as you have to constantly second guess yourself as to whether to go for the throat now or wait for a better spot. Put simply he was never scared to put chips in the pot and that makes anyone and spcifically him a very dangerous player.No doubt I played a number of hands badly and hopefully some quite well but I really do not know which hands were shown and which omitted.Re: My Jacks v David Williams 9's - yes that was sweet and I do recall saying in pre final table interviews when asked about my opponents that David Williams would ahve to show a little more respect than usual for those that re raise him but a pair like 9's is a monster when short handed and its difficult to know how anyone can get away from pairs in this kind of scenario where the blinds are so high in relation to the chip stack sizes. But then thats another form of luck in poker - ghetting a hand v a hand and it holdng up. We tend to remember the bad beats but this is also a part of luck that we all need to succeed. (I also recall saying that I thought Stan Weiss had no shot at winning as I had seen him do some eird plays the day before but obviously those words came back to haunt me).On a final point thanks for all the kind words as it's nice to have support from members of this site and for those that don't like me or my plays - well please don't be too critical of me as whats shown on TV is heavily edited not to mention that we are wearing microphones heavily hyped up and prone to showing emotion.Good luck to all of you and hope to meet you some day across the tables.
Finally got to see this last night Harry. Bravo sir. Hope to see you at the WSOP. :club:
You did deserve to win Harry, but in the HU, you made on big blunder in my view. When you raised 400k with K-10 of spades and Stan made it 1200k to go with Q-10 off, I think you gotta make a read, fold if you think he's got you dominated or a hand like AQ, or put him all in if you think your hand is a coinflip or better. Calling like you did, with him to bet first at the flop which you AND him are likely to miss completely like you did, I think is the weakest play.
Harry, I'd agree with this. That seemed to be the one error you made. The chip stacks just weren't large enough to call there. It appeared to be a push/fold situation after he re-raised.

Yeah, and not to judge by jsut results, but the K hit the turn and you would've won the pot (actually K-high would've been good enough to win).I think your decision was purely preflop. You can't call the additional 800k to just see a flop if you don't plan on calling the remaining 1.2 mil. Either re-shove or fold, or you get in a position where you get bluffed off the best hand and fail to give yourself all 5 cards to win.Of course, you're you, I'm me, and you're sitting there having to make that decision. I wonder what your thoughts are on thsi hand both then and now.

Well played Harry.Weiss seriously tilted at one point, he was very lucky to win after his major tilt feast. That being said I thought Mike Sexton clearly thought Harry outplayed Weiss at the end. He spent more time interviewing Harry then he did with Weiss, and had some more insightful comments about Harry's play.I am so glad that WPT is back on TV now!!