Champions League

4-1 to Barcelona. I just think the occaision may well get to Chelsea, If they try play an attacking game Barca will tear them apart.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea will score. Barca will just score more. fwiw these are the bets I've put on this evening's game:Barcelona win 1u 1.7u returnEto'o score at any time 1u 2.25u returnDrogba score at any time 1u 3.75u returnOver 2.5 goals 1u 2.5u returnBarcelona score in both halves 1u 2.75u returnJust to add a little extra spice to what should be a cracking game!

Chelsea will score. Barca will just score more. fwiw these are the bets I've put on this evening's game:Barcelona win 1u 1.7u returnEto'o score at any time 1u 2.25u returnDrogba score at any time 1u 3.75u returnOver 2.5 goals 1u 2.5u returnBarcelona score in both halves 1u 2.75u returnJust to add a little extra spice to what should be a cracking game!
ouch, tough beat man. what was probably the last result anyone expected i'm guessing - petr cech looked back to his best tonight though. should be an interesting 2nd leg but i think the Arsenal/United game will be better - just like the prem game earlier this year.
ouch, tough beat man. what was probably the last result anyone expected i'm guessing - petr cech looked back to his best tonight though. should be an interesting 2nd leg but i think the Arsenal/United game will be better - just like the prem game earlier this year.
Heh, luckily my units aren't very much. Tbh though I really enjoyed the game. Barca played some nice stuff (Iniesta was very good inparticular and Dani Alves impressed me) but Chelsea matched it defensively as they obviously set out to do. Bosingwa was solid, Essien did the work of 3 players as he likes to do and Alex and Terry played their part well.I disagree with the commentators that Chelsea have the upper hand as Barca won't play like Chelsea did so are very capable of scoring another draw is enough for them and 1-1, 2-2 is a very likely outcome for next week.Arsenal Man U should be a good, yet different to tonight's game. Arsenal will miss Arshavin but these 2 know each other inside out. Should be a belter. Not putting any money down though :club:
Nice bets :club:

Solid match today. No real surprises imo except, perhaps, that Man U's goal came off O'Shea's boot. Bit unlucky for Arsenal, who were able to apply decent pressure in limited amounts, but the Gunners seemed to run out of steam in the last 10 minutes. Giggs' 800 appearance for Man U almost resulted in a late goal for him, but some lazy sod in a red sweater (Berbatov?) was a little slow in getting onside and Giggs' netted ball was ruled no good. No away goal for Wenger's side, so we'll see what happens when the two meet at Emirates next week.

Solid match today. No real surprises imo except, perhaps, that Man U's goal came off O'Shea's boot. Bit unlucky for Arsenal, who were able to apply decent pressure in limited amounts, but the Gunners seemed to run out of steam in the last 10 minutes. Giggs' 800 appearance for Man U almost resulted in a late goal for him, but some lazy sod in a red sweater (Berbatov?) was a little slow in getting onside and Giggs' netted ball was ruled no good. No away goal for Wenger's side, so we'll see what happens when the two meet at Emirates next week.
eh? I think you mean lucky, that they didn't concede more. Arsenal were basically useless. That's down to us not letting Arsenal play their game by applying pressure at every opportunity... also you missed Van Persie and Arshavin.For me, we're huge favourites now. That was our 59th game of the season and we've only not scored a goal in 8 of those games (a few of those were less meaningful games too where we rested Rooney/Ronaldo etc). If we score at the Emirates, Arsenal must score 3.

Should have easily been 4-0 for the Red Devils. Arsenal seemed outclassed in nearly every position on the field. Brilliant effort by Almunia who gives them a glimmer of hope that they have a chance. I don't see the Gunners stopping Man U at Emirates in current form. You only sing our songs,You only sing our songs,You only sing our songs!Our songs!You only sing our songs!

eh? I think you mean lucky, that they didn't concede more. Arsenal were basically useless. That's down to us not letting Arsenal play their game by applying pressure at every opportunity... also you missed Van Persie and Arshavin.For me, we're huge favourites now. That was our 59th game of the season and we've only not scored a goal in 8 of those games (a few of those were less meaningful games too where we rested Rooney/Ronaldo etc). If we score at the Emirates, Arsenal must score 3.
Well, I was a bit biased towrds Arsenal, but you're right: The Man U pressure game plan gave Arsenal absolutely no space at all in any portion of the field. Arsenal's passing seemed prett weak, in general, esp in Man U's half of the pitch. Arsenal would set up (or try) and then were reduced to passing across the field in straight lines, rather than being given or finding any way to penetrate. Even when a winger brought the ball down the side, someone was in their face cutting off the cross.Nice job, Man U.
Hey rinswun, I'll have your new avatar and sig ready and waiting for you later tonight :club:
Just once I hope your overconfidence comes back to bite you in the arse, and of course, as it's not me betting against you it probably will.
Hey rinswun, I'll have your new avatar and sig ready and waiting for you later tonight :club:
i can tell you just how tonight is going to go down:15 minutes - nasri and song combine to open some space for fabregas who lashes home from the edge of the box to open the scoring.67 minutes - van persie curls in a sublime free kick after a vidic foul to send the arsenal fans into raptures89 minutes - nicklas bendtner enters the fray as a substitute for the man of the match van persie as wenger tries to wind the clock down.90 minutes - with his first touch bendtner gives the ball away to evra who crosses only for sagna to block the ball out for a corner.90 minutes 30 seconds - with his second touch bendtner heads the ball home from the edge of the 6 yard box, then runs off celebrating before releasing his error and getting headbutted by adebayor, almunia, toure, fabregas, sagna...etc...etc...pat rice, boro primorac...etc, etc...liam brady, steve bould....full time + 30 minutes - wenger claims bendtner's development is still right on track.
90 minutes 30 seconds - with his second touch bendtner heads the ball home from the edge of the 6 yard box, then runs off celebrating before releasing his error and getting headbutted by adebayor, almunia, toure, fabregas, sagna...etc...etc...pat rice, boro primorac...etc, etc...liam brady, steve bould....full time + 30 minutes - wenger claims bendtner's development is still right on track.
haha :club: I especially love that he'll be getting headbutted by some random ex-Arsenal players and the coaching staff!

as much as he is a fantastically good player, i can really do without ronaldo's theatrics. i feel really sorry for gibbs too, poor kid looks heartbroken. that said, only nasri and sagna look interested tonight - lets at least get a draw on the night!

Easy, easy, eassssaaay!!! On our way to Rome... I think we can be the first team to sucessfully defend the Champions League.. come on.rinswun old boy, you have a new avatar 975339749a2497421842b149669717m.jpgAnd your sig: ec-1.jpg'James D certified poster. He owns my soul and I love it'- wsox8, you'll have the same sig tomorrow when Chelsea get done with Barca, not sure about your avatar yet :club:

Easy, easy, eassssaaay!!! On our way to Rome... I think we can be the first team to sucessfully defend the Champions League.. come on.rinswun old boy, you have a new avatar 975339749a2497421842b149669717m.jpgAnd your sig: ec-1.jpg'James D certified poster. He owns my soul and I love it'- wsox8, you'll have the same sig tomorrow when Chelsea get done with Barca, not sure about your avatar yet :club:
Not sooooooooo fast buddy boy. :ts
i can tell you just how tonight is going to go down:15 minutes - nasri and song combine to open some space for fabregas who lashes home from the edge of the box to open the scoring.67 minutes - van persie curls in a sublime free kick after a vidic foul to send the arsenal fans into raptures89 minutes - nicklas bendtner enters the fray as a substitute for the man of the match van persie as wenger tries to wind the clock down.90 minutes - with his first touch bendtner gives the ball away to evra who crosses only for sagna to block the ball out for a corner.90 minutes 30 seconds - with his second touch bendtner heads the ball home from the edge of the 6 yard box, then runs off celebrating before releasing his error and getting headbutted by adebayor, almunia, toure, fabregas, sagna...etc...etc...pat rice, boro primorac...etc, etc...liam brady, steve bould....full time + 30 minutes - wenger claims bendtner's development is still right on track.
didn't quite go like this today, now did it :club:
Easy, easy, eassssaaay!!! On our way to Rome... I think we can be the first team to sucessfully defend the Champions League.. come on.rinswun old boy, you have a new avatar 975339749a2497421842b149669717m.jpgAnd your sig: ec-1.jpg'James D certified poster. He owns my soul and I love it'- wsox8, you'll have the same sig tomorrow when Chelsea get done with Barca, not sure about your avatar yet :ts
find some sort of pic of messi pwning someone or something. or a very unhappy pic of Abramovich
didn't quite go like this today, now did it :club: find some sort of pic of messi pwning someone or something. or a very unhappy pic of Abramovich
I think James fancies Chelsea over Barca though. So these wouldn't make sense.