Champions League

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goal for Cap'n Messi! And clean sheet for Abidal :club: Apparently Inter were under the cosh in Russia so hopefully Cesar made a lot of saves.Other than that it was a quiet night for my boys.

Liverpool were soundly beaten tonight. Their next two games are against Lyon, who are looking good... possible upset on the cards with Liverpool not getting out of their group, perhaps?I made one transfer for tonights matches, because he didn't even play last week I took Konko (Sevilla defender) out. Obviously he scores. D'oh!

Liverpool were soundly beaten tonight. Their next two games are against Lyon, who are looking good... possible upset on the cards with Liverpool not getting out of their group, perhaps?I made one transfer for tonights matches, because he didn't even play last week I took Konko (Sevilla defender) out. Obviously he scores. D'oh!
Fiorentina are a good side, at home I don't think they are going to give up to much to anyone. Liverpool have a fight on there hands, should be an exciting group.Transfered in Pjanic and he got me 12, hopefully Kaka has a good day tommorrow and I'm back in the hunt!

Another quiet night for Interpol. Goal for Kaka. Nothing much else to report. Took out my Bayern guys as they were playing Juve. Obviously they keep a clean sheet. Sigh.Going to have to re-evaluate the team.

I think I might just change my team name to 'Ronaldo is my captain, plus 10 others FC'.He's scored 9 goals in 7 for RM now... incredible start.
Obviously hes amazing, but I didn't realize he was going to be such a huge piece of a stacked team. He was almost all of RM's offence with tons of shots on goal and popping up for 2 goals and winning a penalty. Benzema is'nt scoring much but he seems to be a great fit working really well with Ronaldo and Kaka. For now its the Ronaldo show, but I really think Kaka is going to become more assertive and step up his game later in the year.
Obviously hes amazing, but I didn't realize he was going to be such a huge piece of a stacked team. He was almost all of RM's offence with tons of shots on goal and popping up for 2 goals and winning a penalty. Benzema is'nt scoring much but he seems to be a great fit working really well with Ronaldo and Kaka. For now its the Ronaldo show, but I really think Kaka is going to become more assertive and step up his game later in the year.
In terms of overall importance to the team, if RM win things, they'll be an argument to be made that Kaka was the more influential. It's hard to split them really.But in CL fantasy terms I can only see one winner and that's Ronaldo. Knowing him, now that he's scored 4 goals in Europe already, he'll be going for the all time CL goals record or something. He won't be holding back and 2 goals will now be his target per game!
But in CL fantasy terms I can only see one winner and that's Ronaldo. Knowing him, now that he's scored 4 goals in Europe already, he'll be going for the all time CL goals record or something. He won't be holding back and 2 goals will now be his target per game!
Not for much longer. Muhahahahahahaha!From uefa.com
Some weekend team news: Ronaldo is a doubt to face Sevilla FC on Sunday with an ankle problem. Sadly, it seems, dark forces beyond our ken (or even our Cristiano) are to blame. Reportedly Madrid have received a letter from a witch doctor claiming that a spell has been cast on the Portugal star, cursing him with loss of form and injury. "I have nothing against Real Madrid," the missive stated. "I am just doing my job in accordance with the requests of a client, who is both famous and known personally to the player."
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In Rafa we trust :club:
lolLooks like all the other big teams will go through as expected. Juve v B Munich to be decided next match.Also, Ronaldo returned to action tonight, so those who like their 'super dooper mega el classico' (or whatever they're calling it these days), tune in this Sunday for Barcelona v Real Madrid. Should be a great game, the talent on show is mouth watering.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey does anyone know when they pick the matchups for the knockout stage? I have googled and checked uefa.com but cant find anything. I am new to football so I dont know from past experience.

Hey does anyone know when they pick the matchups for the knockout stage? I have googled and checked uefa.com but cant find anything. I am new to football so I dont know from past experience.
I'm pretty sure it will be a week today. They will wait till the Europa League in finished next Wednesday and do both draws on the same day.

David Beckham gets his wish as Milan/Man U get paired in the knockout stage. Does UEFA rig these matchups? I remember thinking that when they put Milan/Madrid and Inter/Barca in the same groups (bc of the big transfers). Now we get Milan/Man U, Lyon/Madrid and Inter/Chelsea matchups?? I like it, but those cant be randomI am a Milan fan fwiw

David Beckham gets his wish as Milan/Man U get paired in the knockout stage. Does UEFA rig these matchups? I remember thinking that when they put Milan/Madrid and Inter/Barca in the same groups (bc of the big transfers). Now we get Milan/Man U, Lyon/Madrid and Inter/Chelsea matchups?? I like it, but those cant be randomI am a Milan fan fwiw
Obviously it was rigged to set up the real money spinning tie; Olympiakos v Bordeaux!Seriously though, sexy draw with lots of potential for good games, but I'd say the 3 English, 3 Spanish, Bayern and Bordeaux will make up the QFs.