Champions League

I think James fancies Chelsea over Barca though. So these wouldn't make sense.
ugh. Honestly as a ManU fan, I'd rather face barca instead of Chelski, its weird but I think we can shut down their midfield a lot better then we could on chelsea's
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh. Honestly as a ManU fan, I'd rather face barca instead of Chelski, its weird but I think we can shut down their midfield a lot better then we could on chelsea's
really?Barcelona is the only team I have seen that can match Man U playing at their highest level.

Ugly game compared to last night. Even against 10 men Chelsea are sticking 9 men behing the ball!

Ugly game compared to last night. Even against 10 men Chelsea are sticking 9 men behing the ball!
And get what they deserve! (lets forget about all those blatent penalties)

Thank god that chelsea, gus and that ugly f**king dutch football is not in the final. what an ugly game. hopefully we get to see some good attacking football in the final

Absolutely wicked strike by the Predator. The officiating was poor throughout (I hate Chelsea) on both sides and there should have been several penalties awarded. From a football fan's perspective I would have liked to see an at full strength Barca side against the Reds in Rome, but we'll take it.

LOL @ Chelsea's conspiracy theorist fans. One guy on the radio (Talksport) even suggested the ref sent off Abidal to cover his tracks, brilliant. Also, rinswun - Saviola? I think you meant Bojan, Savi is at Madrid.Also, Gerad Pique = Nenad Medic?gerard-pique_1396459c.jpgnenad-medic-2008-wsop.jpg

Thank god that chelsea, gus and that ugly f**king dutch football is not in the final. what an ugly game. hopefully we get to see some good attacking football in the final
lul, wut?Dutch football is widely considered to be the best in Europe. They invented total football for goodness sakes! Also, Chelsea have no Dutch players. This was Chelsea straight from the Jose days. Granted its not great for the neutrals but look what happened to Madrid when they tried to play Barca at their own game. I think Man Utd are good enough to do so how ever, hopefully it will be a cracker!

Guys, for all this 'beautiful' football that you seem to associate with Barcelona, their first shot on target came in the 92nd minute. They're the most overrated team I've ever seen. Also, for those happy that we get a dream final, it most certainly will not live up to its billing. I'm confident that we'll have way too much for Barcelona to handle, however.

Guys, for all this 'beautiful' football that you seem to associate with Barcelona, their first shot on target came in the 92nd minute. They're the most overrated team I've ever seen. Also, for those happy that we get a dream final, it most certainly will not live up to its billing. I'm confident that we'll have way too much for Barcelona to handle, however.
OH, IT'S ON!
OH, IT'S ON!
You know it!You got lucky this time, but maybe the slower 'dangle the carrot victory will be even sweeter. We're peaking just at the right time, its simply beautiful. Oh one thing about tonights game, did anyone think Michael Ballack`s chasing after the ref was the funniest thing to happen in football this season? So hilarious, I have a new found affection for the guy.

The first questionable hand ball in the box was a terrible call against Chelsea. Barcelona is very lucky to be moving on.But that was a great strike and Chelsea should have gone for the kill earlier. Thats the difference between Chelsea and Man U. When Man U got up on Arsenal they went for the kill. Chelsea tried to hold.....on.....for dear life.

I just really felt like this needed to be in here.loooooooooooooooool.gif

lul, wut?Dutch football is widely considered to be the best in Europe. They invented total football for goodness sakes! Also, Chelsea have no Dutch players. This was Chelsea straight from the Jose days. Granted its not great for the neutrals but look what happened to Madrid when they tried to play Barca at their own game. I think Man Utd are good enough to do so how ever, hopefully it will be a cracker!
just because they dont have many dutch players doesnt mean they didnt play a dutch style of football. gus knew barca was better so he played a 4-5-1 and hope to score on the counter which is what they did. other examples of this ugly shit football is the other teams guz has coached e.g. russia and australia. both went deep in euro and the world cup respectively playing this counter attacking game which is ugly and boring. hopefully we'll see good attacking football in the final. James D: yes barca myight be overrated and their first shot on target came in the 92nd minute but the actually "played" the game. the moved the ball around the park and always pressed the action, which in my opinion is better to watch than gus's 4-5-1 defensive shit. just my 0.02
just because they dont have many dutch players doesnt mean they didnt play a dutch style of football. gus knew barca was better so he played a 4-5-1 and hope to score on the counter which is what they did. other examples of this ugly shit football is the other teams guz has coached e.g. russia and australia. both went deep in euro and the world cup respectively playing this counter attacking game which is ugly and boring. hopefully we'll see good attacking football in the final.
Yeh whatever. I don't associate Guus with Dutch football. When I think of Dutch football I think of very impressive (if underachieving) national sides and very successful and impressive Ajax teams. And if I remember coreectly Hiddink managed good South Korea and Russia sides that surprised everyone without playing boring football.

Pretty happy that I've bagged tickets for the United-arsenal game. If everything goes to plan, that's when we'll get the trophy. Also, I may very well be in Barcelona at the time of the Champions League final, lol. Do you think its a good idea I go to a bar there to watch the match, complete with United top and scarf?

Pretty happy that I've bagged tickets for the United-arsenal game. If everything goes to plan, that's when we'll get the trophy. Also, I may very well be in Barcelona at the time of the Champions League final, lol. Do you think its a good idea I go to a bar there to watch the match, complete with United top and scarf?
Just try and avoid the Ultras and you will be fine!
Just try and avoid the Ultras and you will be fine!
Aye, Barca fans aren't completely insane. Plus its Spain it'll be easy enough to find an English bar. Just don't celebrate in the streets when/if you lot win.
  • 3 weeks later...

ETO'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI refuse to post in the new thread. This is the CL's FCP home.Also, does anyone know if James is in Barcelona?