Champions League

Time to risk looking stupid, here are my predictions...Barca 2 Shalke 1Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2Man United 2 Roma 0Chelsea 1 Fenebache 1 (oh yeah I went there)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barca 2 Schalke 0Man U 5 Roma 0 (if Man U score a goal in the first 20 it will be a riot, Roma have a lot of class but I think mentally they are afraid of Man U)Chelsea 1 Fenerbache 0Liverpool 1 Arsenal 1

Barca 2 Schalke 0Man U 5 Roma 0 (if Man U score a goal in the first 20 it will be a riot, Roma have a lot of class but I think mentally they are afraid of Man U)Chelsea 1 Fenerbache 0Liverpool 1 Arsenal 1
Agreeaments. Except the bit about Roma, they have no class outwith Totti. But 5-0 is a bit excessive, 3-0 I think.

I sh!t myself about 5 times during the game, and it got so bad that I was on my knees pawing at my plasma and rejoicing for Torres, then crying, and back to pawing for Gerrard. That run by Walcott had turned me to a ghost white, so many emotions from this Pool fan. Sorry Arsenal, you guys should have put the game away I'll agree to that.

such an amazing run by Walcott
Sign of things to come, I hope, for England.Can picture him in 2010 running through the Germans like that!(Should I be worried though, that every time my gf sees him on tv she goes 'awww, it's the little boy, he looks so sweet I want to look after him'...?)
Sign of things to come, I hope, for England.Hope not.Can picture him in 2010 running through the Germans like that!Got to qualify first(Should I be worried though, that every time my gf sees him on tv she goes 'awww, it's the little boy, he looks so sweet I want to look after him'...?)Could be worse my ex used to say "That Cristiano Ronaldo, I'd let him do things I've never let you do"
  • 2 weeks later...
Liverpool>ArsenalChelsea>FenerbahceUnited>RomaBarca>ShalkeThenChelsea>LiverpoolI really cannot pick between United and Barca. No idea.In the final I think it will beBarca/United > Chelsea
Hmm.So far so good.Because Ronaldinho is out and their league form is a little shaky, I'll go for United>Barca.

Liverpool v Chelsea - Too close to call... Liverpool over-perform in Europe, and Chelsea will be trying their hardest to win the one trophy that's eluded them since Abramovich took over.I'm going for 1-1 tonight, and very possibly the same result next week (decided on penalties).If not, it could come down to a dodgy penalty decision or one goalkeeping error. I really think there's nothing in it, but hopefully it will entertain at least.

You do know it wasn't 1-0, right?
Are you serious! I left at the 1 minute mark into extra time.... oh noes! I cant' believe I missed the own goal! that's fcking awful!!!! I'm furious!! ARGHHH!!!! I feel like puking.
Are you serious! I left at the 1 minute mark into extra time.... oh noes! I cant' believe I missed the own goal! that's fcking awful!!!! I'm furious!! ARGHHH!!!! I feel like puking.
So did most of Liverpool and those of us with money on 1-0!!!!!!
vomit

I somehow- somehow- got it into my thick head that the semi's were going to be on the same night. And made sure that I would have the next 2 wednesdays off.I've had such a "blond" week, don't get me started about when I tried to replace a burst tyre on a carDis-****-ing-aster!ok Im in Israel, but thats a shocking mistake.I even had conversations about which match you would prefer watch Barca/Man U or Chelsea/Liverpool. I had no idea it was a hypothetical question.I'm disgusted with myself.Anywho, got tuesday off and the 2 wednesdays.

Liverpool v Chelsea - Too close to call... Liverpool over-perform in Europe, and Chelsea will be trying their hardest to win the one trophy that's eluded them since Abramovich took over.I'm going for 1-1 tonight, and very possibly the same result next week (decided on penalties).If not, it could come down to a dodgy penalty decision or one goalkeeping error. I really think there's nothing in it, but hopefully it will entertain at least.
Wow, this prediction was pretty spot on.
Wow, this prediction was pretty spot on.
That's his thing. He's goot.

Come on United! One time!So, Vidic looks like he'll miss out - very bad news. Ferguson may now choose Scholes, instead of Anderson, for more support. My initial thinking was that it'd be a mistake to go with Scholes and Giggs together. One of them, ok, but Ferguson imo, should have faith in Anderson and Nani now. I think they're more of a threat to Barcelona.. Scholes doesn't have more than 45 quality minutes in him any more, and that's vital for a game like this. Starting with Giggs would be ok, but if he's lacking an impact... get Nani on. He must start with Tevez too, I think, even though he's shown he doesn't like to, away from home in Europe.People are talking about Barcelona's League form... but this doesn't mean anything really. As Liverpool show, it doesn't directly translate into European form. Yeah, they're not doing great, but they've won their last 5 European matches in a row and didn't lose a match in their group. They're a team of 'star' players, like show ponies who only turn up to play the big games...and this is a big game. It'll be hard for Rooney and Ronaldo too... Marques and Abidal are tough, and it'll be hard for them to find space... the second half is hopefully where we'll see Ronaldo start to shine.. maybe the last 20 minutes. But this is why he should start with Tevez, because we may be able to force the openings from the start that way.I'll be hoping for a Utd rout, but.. final prediction:Barcelona 2 - 2 Man Utd (which would be a good result for us!)I'm hyped, I'm psyched.. I'm ready to party!

Disappointed.Better than losing, but an away goal would have been sweet. Don't really undertsand the way Wilkins and Souness are talking right now either, like we're through... umm, next week will be super tough. And if they score, we've gotta get two. Hope Fergie doesn't play Park next week. He's so ineffective it's a joke. Apart from him, and Van der Sar, everyone else was pretty solid to be fair. I don't know why, but I get nervous every time Van der Sar goes for a save since he came back from that injury.2-1 United next week.

Why the hell was Rooney playing defensive midfield? Is it because his hip was bothering him? If he's not in game shape to be an attacker, why the hell have him in the game at all? Surely Man U has people on the bench who are better suited to play Defensive midfield than rooney. That game was a complete dog to watch. Man U looked wretched, but Barca couldn't ever capitalize.