Champions League

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately. Very happy with a 3-0 victory away at PSV for Liverpool. Looks like we will likely get into the semi's, that would be cool to see 3 English clubs make the last 4.

Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool through...Woohoo!! Hopefully a British champion! Hard to choose between them, but even Milan aren't out of it...

Semi-finals seem wide open for any of the 4 teams to go on and win the competition outright. Each of the potential finals apart from Chelsea - Milan would be extreme in terms of significance:Liverpool - Milan for a rematch of 2005's finalLiverpool - Manchester United for the historical rivalryChelsea - Manchester United for potentially the 3rd confrontation in an end of season clash for major silverware (on top of the Premiership title decider at Stamford Bridge and F.A. Cup Final if Chelsea beat Blackburn)Even at the semi-final stage, Chelsea vs. Liverpool for a repeat of 2005's semis, while Milan and Man U set the stage for a showdown to decide who the best player in the world this season is between Kaka and Christiano Ronaldo.I can't wait.

Semi-finals seem wide open for any of the 4 teams to go on and win the competition outright. Each of the potential finals apart from Chelsea - Milan would be extreme in terms of significance:Liverpool - Milan for a rematch of 2005's finalLiverpool - Manchester United for the historical rivalryChelsea - Manchester United for potentially the 3rd confrontation in an end of season clash for major silverware (on top of the Premiership title decider at Stamford Bridge and F.A. Cup Final if Chelsea beat Blackburn)Even at the semi-final stage, Chelsea vs. Liverpool for a repeat of 2005's semis, while Milan and Man U set the stage for a showdown to decide who the best player in the world this season is between Kaka and Christiano Ronaldo.I can't wait.
Even a Chelsea v Milan final would be super exciting to watch. Can't wait for the rest of the matches
  • 2 weeks later...

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high And don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of a storm is a golden sky And the sweet silver song of a lark. Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain, Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown. Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart And you'll never walk alone, You'll never, ever walk alone. Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart And you'll never walk alone, You'll never, ever walk alone.What an amazing game! Bring on the scum! I Hope they beat Milan, just so the reds can tear them a new one.

• 4 weeks later...
So, what eveyone think of the match?I thought it was okay, not great though.Lots of props to Maldini and Seedorf, they're so sick
Lots of props to Kaka for his beautiful dive before the first goal. :club:
So, what eveyone think of the match?I thought it was okay, not great though.Lots of props to Maldini and Seedorf, they're so sick
Wasn't exactly one fo the all time great finals but any final where Liverpool get beat is all right by me. Maldini is a total legend in every sense of the word and definatly deserved another win, it's just sad the victory will be tainted by whining scousers suggesting that milan are cheats that should never have been allowed into the competiton.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Very important late away goal for Utd against Lyon. I was impressed with their striker too (Can't remember his name though Bavara? Something like that?) I'm sure that we'll completely out-play them back at Old Trafford though. 2-0, 3-1 type scoreline.Arsenal/Adebayor... May regret that late miss against Milan quite a lot. I just can't see Arsenal going through tbh, look how Milan destroyed Man Utd last season at the San Siro - although we did have major defensive injuries then - but I guess you never know, a score draw is not completely beyond them.Liverpool - Oh, they decide to play well in Europe again.. weird. Maybe Benitez is just much more tactically suited to playing European teams.Chelsea - Will go through to the next round, in their usual boring style. If you are a Chelsea fan, you'd have hoped they could score an away goal against Olympiakos... but still, I can't see them not winning at home.Also, the Barca/Celtic match was obv the match of the round. Open play, passion and great goals. Gotta love barcalona (even though I hate Henry immensely).I hope Real make it through too, they must beat those shameless Italians. As a Man Utd fan, they shouldn't even be in the competition after the performance of their disgusting fans last year.So, pretty good competition so far, all in all, and as always the second legs will prove much more exciting next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Very important late away goal for Utd against Lyon. I was impressed with their striker too (Can't remember his name though Bavara? Something like that?) I'm sure that we'll completely out-play them back at Old Trafford though. 2-0, 3-1 type scoreline.Arsenal/Adebayor... May regret that late miss against Milan quite a lot. I just can't see Arsenal going through tbh, look how Milan destroyed Man Utd last season at the San Siro - although we did have major defensive injuries then - but I guess you never know, a score draw is not completely beyond them.Liverpool - Oh, they decide to play well in Europe again.. weird. Maybe Benitez is just much more tactically suited to playing European teams.Chelsea - Will go through to the next round, in their usual boring style. If you are a Chelsea fan, you'd have hoped they could score an away goal against Olympiakos... but still, I can't see them not winning at home.Also, the Barca/Celtic match was obv the match of the round. Open play, passion and great goals. Gotta love barcalona (even though I hate Henry immensely).I hope Real make it through too, they must beat those shameless Italians. As a Man Utd fan, they shouldn't even be in the competition after the performance of their disgusting fans last year.So, pretty good competition so far, all in all, and as always the second legs will prove much more exciting next week.
Benzema.And I agree English sides will all go through. I don't include Arsenal in this because I doubt they will field an English player. I think they're out. Barca are essentially through and Madrid should make a comeback against Roma. From the diddy games. Schalke will grind out a boring draw and get through Sevilla should be fine at home against Fener.Hopefully Barca will get Schalke in the QF's and send them packing. Liverpool v Chelsea again anyone?

Liverpool v Chelsea again anyone?Lets hope , that would really boring...... again.I would love to see a Real vs Man U matchup as they both play excellent attacking football.In fact any combination of Man U, Real or Barca in the Final would be great.