What Does It Mean To Be A "christian"?

21. That explains alot. You got a ways to go. And, apparently, alot to defend. Good luck.
(insert age here) That explains a lot. You got a ways to go. I do have a lot to defend? Hmm, let's see... usually when people are attacked from an unprovoked source, the emotional response to respond in likeness is pretty typical.It seems that your need to attack me (instead of actually discuss something or agree to disagree) shows your own insecurities & immaturities. Sad thing is I'm (insert years here) younger then you and you've got a long way to catch up. Now here is where you go on the "stupid kid" tirade because of your apparent wiseness that only seems to come with age. If it wasn't that I was 21, it would be because of something else you would try to pick on. Again, back to those insecurities, Lois :club: Try working on that.Are we going to let me have the last word and end our slap fight here or do we really need to keep going at this?
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21. That explains alot. You got a ways to go. And, apparently, alot to defend. Good luck.
Proverbs 97Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult;whoever rebukes a wicked man incurs abuse.8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you;rebuke a wise man and he will love you.
(insert age here) That explains a lot. You got a ways to go. I do have a lot to defend? Hmm, let's see... usually when people are attacked from an unprovoked source, the emotional response to respond in likeness is pretty typical.It seems that your need to attack me (instead of actually discuss something or agree to disagree) shows your own insecurities & immaturities. Sad thing is I'm (insert years here) younger then you and you've got a long way to catch up. Now here is where you go on the "stupid kid" tirade because of your apparent wiseness that only seems to come with age. If it wasn't that I was 21, it would be because of something else you would try to pick on. Again, back to those insecurities, Lois :club: Try working on that.Are we going to let me have the last word and end our slap fight here or do we really need to keep going at this?
Sure. You know it all. Good luck.
Proverbs 97Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult;whoever rebukes a wicked man incurs abuse.8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you;rebuke a wise man and he will love you.
That is a great scripture, and it bears true. There is no point in dealing with certain types of people.
And I sure hope this god thing works out for you. It'll be quite a waste of a life if it doesn't.
who said its a waste of life? you're implying that christians dont have fun lives and dont actually enjoy their christian lifestyle, that christians are only christians because they have to be because if they arent they will burn.
who said its a waste of life? you're implying that christians dont have fun lives and dont actually enjoy their christian lifestyle, that christians are only christians because they have to be because if they arent they will burn.
This is very true. I find it hilarious when people say if I'm wrong about my faith, it'll be a waste of life. Why? Because I loved other people, was faithful to my wife and kids, tried to make other people happy, because I chose to abstain from drugs, and just try my best to be a good person? No, even if Jesus was not the Messiah, and there is no heaven, the way he taught us how to live is the best way to live.
This is very true. I find it hilarious when people say if I'm wrong about my faith, it'll be a waste of life. Why? Because I loved other people, was faithful to my wife and kids, tried to make other people happy, because I chose to abstain from drugs, and just try my best to be a good person? No, even if Jesus was not the Messiah, and there is no heaven, the way he taught us how to live is the best way to live.
christianity =/= loved other people ... if you are religious and happen to love other people, then good for you! :club::D :D christianity =/= abstaining from drugs ... if you are religious and happen to abstain from drugs, then good for you! :D :D :) christianity =/= being faithful to your wife ... if you are religious and happen to be faithful to your wife, then good for you! :) :) :icon_dance: I just happen to do be a person that does all those things without the belief in god or teachings from jesus. Good for me! :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance:
christianity =/= loved other people ... if you are religious and happen to love other people, then good for you! :club::D :D christianity =/= abstaining from drugs ... if you are religious and happen to abstain from drugs, then good for you! :D :D :) christianity =/= being faithful to your wife ... if you are religious and happen to be faithful to your wife, then good for you! :) :) :icon_dance: I just happen to do be a person that does all those things without the belief in god or teachings from jesus. Good for me! :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance:
do you lie also :icon_dance:
I never said you didn't. What I was saying is that you told Lois or somebody that being a Christian is "a waste of life." Maybe I misunderstood your point, but those things I mentioned are some things that non-believers say that we're "missing out on." Which, imo, are nothing worth missing. So, if those types of things weren't what we're "wasting our lives on," what is?
I never said you didn't. What I was saying is that you told Lois or somebody that being a Christian is "a waste of life." Maybe I misunderstood your point, but those things I mentioned are some things that non-believers say that we're "missing out on." Which, imo, are nothing worth missing. So, if those types of things weren't what we're "wasting our lives on," what is?
What you said sounds like (those 3 examples you mentioned) it is the believers who are the only ones who follow those things. Which is lunacy... I have no need for god for ANY of those three things AND to find the value in them.What you're wasting your lives on is prayer to a non-existent god. If you AREN'T a believer, then you realize that this is (probably) the only life you have and that you better make the best of it while you still have it. This is one of things where you have to be a non-believer to understand, amirite Lois? eh? eh? :club:;):D :: playfully jabs your shoulder ::
What you said sounds like (those 3 examples you mentioned) it is the believers who are the only ones who follow those things. Which is lunacy... I have no need for god for ANY of those three things AND to find the value in them.What you're wasting your lives on is prayer to a non-existent god. If you AREN'T a believer, then you realize that this is (probably) the only life you have and that you better make the best of it while you still have it. This is one of things where you have to be a non-believer to understand, amirite Lois? eh? eh? :club:;):D :: playfully jabs your shoulder ::
I must respectfully disagree. You see, even if there was no God, prayer helps me get through this life. It comforts me. Even if I am just talking to myself, I need that comfort. So if prayer gives me that, how is that wasting my life? I could also turn your question around and say that if there is a God, you're wasting your life, because you don't pray. Hmmm. Ever thought about that? The thing, you a have to be a believer to understand is, that sometimes, God speaks back(GASP). Sometimes, the Holy Spirit just speaks to your heart, and you just know God heard your prayer. But, like I said, that's something you have to be a believer to understand :D .
i dont think christians would pray if they never got any kind of response. when you pray you dont just sit in a dark room talking to yourself like a madman.what people say to when someone gets healed through prayer? freak coincidence, trick of the mind, not an actual healing, god?