Yeah, so I thought Blades of Glory was much better than Talladega Nights and Ferrell's character reminded me more of his character from Anchorman.

I am very jazzed at the potential for this movie and am really glad that Colbalt said he liked it. I was buying posters for an event I'm doing with a Talledega Nights themed bar and I added a Blades of Glory giant poster just because I want this to be good also.I think the best movie ever would be Will Ferrel as a declining star poker player ala Phil Helmuth. Please oh please someone make this movie.

Let me add that in this movie Jenna Fischer looks as hot as she's ever looked.
pretty much the only reason to see it imo. movie overall was very meh.edit:blades6.jpg

turns out john heder is a bad actor after all.welcome to the pack.

I saw it last Friday and except for about 3 scenes, the movie fell flat on it's face. I blame Heder. Him and Will had no chemistry wahtsoever. Amy Poehler did her usual SNL style of overacting. Arnett was great. Jenna was awesome as ever.

jenna.JPG(ss put it in The Office thread, but I thought it deserved another look)
yeah, that was fantastic.i got the same feeling from this movie as i did after the first time i saw anchorman. completely underwhelmed. only after watching anchorman again did it become hilarious in my mind. maybe this one will do the same. but i doubt it because it's john heder instead of steve carell and paul rudd.

Are you guys crazy? I loved everything about this movie. Will Ferrell is one of the greatest comedic stars our of time, Jon Heder is awesome, and Jenna Fischer is hot! Overall an all-star cast and everyone delivers.

Are you guys crazy? I loved everything about this movie. Will Ferrell is one of the greatest comedic stars our of time, Jon Heder is awesome, and Jenna Fischer is hot! Overall an all-star cast and everyone delivers.
it seems to me, that whoever doesn't love this movie, it is because of john heder (which is true for me). I completely diagree with him being awesome. I know its just a matter of opinion, but i can't stand him and i cringe when he talks and acts

Well, I think Napoleon Dynamite is one of THE funniest movies of all-time. I guess that's just my sense of humor. I also liked Heder in Benchwarmers and School For Scoundrels. When I first heard about this movie I was excited that Ferrell and Heder would be working together.

Well, I think Napoleon Dynamite is one of THE funniest movies of all-time. I guess that's just my sense of humor. I also liked Heder in Benchwarmers and School For Scoundrels. When I first heard about this movie I was excited that Ferrell and Heder would be working together.
its funny how you either love him or hate him. most of my friends loved napoleon dynamite, i was tempted to leave in the middle of it.
its funny how you either love him or hate him. most of my friends loved napoleon dynamite, i was tempted to leave in the middle of it.
me too
  • 1 month later...

I watched this over the weekend and I liked it a lot. Being totally unsober may have helped. We watched it again the next day, but it's not like I have it on my computer or anything.....Anyway, I was drunk this time and it was still pretty funny. Chazz Michael Michaels' first routine was awesome.

• 3 months later...

A little late to the party just rented this the other night and it is pretty funny, not a classic, but it made me LOL enough times. Heder was MEH, but I think Ferrell had some really good suttle humor in this and Will Arnett was awesome, BTW my wife pointed out to me last night the his actually married to Amy Pohler, now that is a funny couple.

I rented this and thought it was really stupid. Maybe its one of those that you have to watch in the theater with a group of friends for it to be funny. I thought Jon Heder was horrible.But yea.... Jenna Fischer FTW

I'm so confused right now. I liked this movie. I actually thoroughly enjoyed almost every second of it. Here's what I'm confused about. I didn't find the movie funny. I mean, I liked it, but I never laughed.This was a comedy, right?