Breaking News - Bush Announces: Global Warming Is For Real

As reported today by various news sources George W Bush has gone on record saying that, and I quote: "Global Warming is a problem we can no longer ignore".The president did not however mention what changed his mind but democrats will surely contribute this historic event to former Vice President Al Gore.In a 5 step plan that Mr Bush believe will solve the current climate crisis he vowed to do the following:1. "As soon as possible" draft new laws that ensure that American businesses will work toward lowering their CO2 emissions.2. Over a 5 year period, make sure all federal vehicles are either hybrids or run on ethanol fuel.3. Will launch a massive PR campaign outlining the benefits of cutting down carbon dioxide emissions.4. Sign the Kyoto agreement and work towards a new international agreement with more offensive goals.5. Gather a committee with representatives from both parties and other environmental experts that will oversee that the USA becomes a leader when it comes to fighting global warming.On a more personal note I think this is great for both the president, the American people and the whole world. Surely with such an important country as the USA joining the rest of the world in this though fight things will surely start to change now.I never thought I'd say this but: Well done Mr President!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. Now that America will sign, so will Australia
Got any links to these quotes? Seeing that Global Warming is not nearly the problem that Gore wants us to believe.
As reported today by various news sources George W Bush has gone on record saying that, and I quote: "Global Warming is a problem we can no longer ignore".The president did not however mention what changed his mind but democrats will surely contribute this historic event to former Vice President Al Gore.In a 5 step plan that Mr Bush believe will solve the current climate crisis he vowed to do the following:1. "As soon as possible" draft new laws that ensure that American businesses will work toward lowering their CO2 emissions.2. Over a 5 year period, make sure all federal vehicles are either hybrids or run on ethanol fuel.3. Will launch a massive PR campaign outlining the benefits of cutting down carbon dioxide emissions.4. Sign the Kyoto agreement and work towards a new international agreement with more offensive goals.5. Gather a committee with representatives from both parties and other environmental experts that will oversee that the USA becomes a leader when it comes to fighting global warming.On a more personal note I think this is great for both the president, the American people and the whole world. Surely with such an important country as the USA joining the rest of the world in this though fight things will surely start to change now.I never thought I'd say this but: Well done Mr President!
No way! I don't believe this. I do NOT believe this.

Oh lord, here comes 40 April Fools posts. Time to get started on a post about how I cashed this weekend at some WPT event. :club:

Seriously? You couldn't come up with a better April Fool's post than this? :club:
Well, I guess I could if I really put my mind into it, but it was a 1 minute spur of the moment kind of thing... :D
Well, I guess I could if I really put my mind into it, but it was a 1 minute spur of the moment kind of thing... :club:
In the future......in the spur of the moment......just say "no" to the new topic button.
In the future......in the spur of the moment......just say "no" to the new topic button.
Dude, don't be a bore, it's April fools day. I've never started a new dumb thread, but on April 1st, I think anything goes...
Dude, don't be a bore, it's April fools day. I've never started a new dumb thread, but on April 1st, I think anything goes...
Pot Odds is a troll, don't even bother arguing with the old man.

im pretty sure global warming is fake. its a cyclical thing. during the (and im not 100% sure on the years but am on the data) 30's, co2 emisions went up but the avg temperature went down. sumhow on gores presentation, his graph starts right after this time period. interseting, wonder why? maybe becasuse it completley disproves his theory? yeah, yeah that's why

I just don't get why on April 1st people all of a sudden think they're clever.
QFT You were clever enough to do your April Fool's thread the day before April 1st.Low Stakes Poker, lol.
QFT You were clever enough to do your April Fool's thread the day before April 1st.Low Stakes Poker, lol.
Who the F are you? My own little stalker who is going to come trolling whenever I make a comment in a thread? You didn't like the LSP idea. Fine. We get it. I'm over it, are you?