Stars Vrs. Fulltilt

Why with the stable of players that fulltilt have, on any given day pokerstars has twice as many players? If not more? I like both sites, software is comparable.

Ummm...Phil Ivey?
Donks play too'Hey, look at me!! errrrrrr. Im playing on the same site as Chris Moneymaker. Durrrrrrrrr'More bad players play at Stars, which attracts the good players.

Tilt's a great site and all good players know that. Tilt is also considered kind of a rock garden, and Stars, since it was associated with Moneymaker and then Raymer and then Hachem, got a lot of publicity and with that a lot of donks. That made the site bigger and as a result Stars became the leader. Since it's associated with the WSOP winners, the Sats and MTTS became the focus of the site, which is why there are endless amounts of them all the time. The trend didn't stop and that's why so many people like Stars.

Its really weird but I have constant disconnect issues with Tilit while having absolutely no toubles with stars. Its gotten so frustrating disconnecting ussually at least twice an hour there I rarely play there anymore.

Also recognize Stars has been around much longer and been a "big" site much much longer. FTP has just recently become a large site, it was just a medium site last year. Party going under, more and more FTP promotions and publicity on TV, and just the more people finding out that Tilt is a good site made it explode and become much larger in the last year. Stars has been one of the biggest sites on the net for past 3+ years.

Poker Stars has a very good FPP system - playing more often leads to increasingly valuable benefits (points accumulate faster; better access to freerolls). And I still think the PStars software is smoother than FT's.There is also the critical mass argument - the larger a site is, the easier it is to attract more players because game selection becomes easier. But FT has PStars beat in terms of high limit games - that's for sure.

Tilt has rakeback which blows away any FPP system. Though offering rakeback probably draws more serious players and bonus whore types yielding the rockier games.I think the answer though is that a crowd attracts a crowd. People play at stars because stars has the most players.

You guys keep saying there are more donks on stars but I find oit the other way around. Maybe its cz i play mostly in mtts, but some ppl at tilt have no idea how to play mtts/sngs, whereas almost every player at stars above a $50 sng has some idea of what they're doing....

Tilt's a great site and all good players know that. Tilt is also considered kind of a rock garden, and Stars, since it was associated with Moneymaker and then Raymer and then Hachem, got a lot of publicity and with that a lot of donks. That made the site bigger and as a result Stars became the leader. Since it's associated with the WSOP winners, the Sats and MTTS became the focus of the site, which is why there are endless amounts of them all the time. The trend didn't stop and that's why so many people like Stars.
Not anymore.
You guys keep saying there are more donks on stars but I find oit the other way around. Maybe its cz i play mostly in mtts, but some ppl at tilt have no idea how to play mtts/sngs, whereas almost every player at stars above a $50 sng has some idea of what they're doing....
Just to illustrate my pointFull Tilt Poker Game #2118817191: $19,000 Guarantee (15527563), Table 23 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:52:00 ET - 2007/04/01Seat 1: Bart777 (2,600)Seat 2: davedawg76 (3,375)Seat 3: Maestro773 (965)Seat 4: mbajpai (528)Seat 5: IntegraTypeR777 (3,700)Seat 6: fazo (1,030)Seat 7: mommyboy (3,185)Seat 8: slick710 (1,780)Seat 9: PrincessValYum (1,140)IntegraTypeR777 posts the small blind of 40fazo posts the big blind of 80The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to mbajpai [Js 9s]mommyboy foldsslick710 calls 80PrincessValYum foldsBart777 calls 80davedawg76 raises to 160Maestro773 calls 160mbajpai calls 160IntegraTypeR777 foldsfazo calls 80slick710 calls 80Bart777 calls 80*** FLOP *** [4h 2s 5s]fazo bets 870, and is all inslick710 foldsBart777 foldsdavedawg76 calls 870Maestro773 calls 805, and is all inmbajpai calls 368, and is all infazo shows [6c Qs]davedawg76 shows [9d Ad]Maestro773 shows [3d 3h]mbajpai shows [Js 9s]*** TURN *** [4h 2s 5s] [Kd]*** RIVER *** [4h 2s 5s Kd] [9h]fazo shows King Queen highdavedawg76 shows a pair of Ninesdavedawg76 wins side pot #2 (130) with a pair of NinesMaestro773 shows a pair of Threesdavedawg76 wins side pot #1 (1,311) with a pair of Ninesmbajpai shows a pair of Ninesdavedawg76 wins the main pot (2,472) with a pair of NinesIntegraTypeR777: lol.mbajpai stands upMaestro773 stands upfazo stands upbuzesis sits downbuzesis adds 2,075*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,913 Main pot 2,472. Side pot 1 1,311. Side pot 2 130. | Rake 0Board: [4h 2s 5s Kd 9h]Seat 1: Bart777 folded on the FlopSeat 2: davedawg76 showed [9d Ad] and won (3,913) with a pair of NinesSeat 3: Maestro773 showed [3d 3h] and lost with a pair of ThreesSeat 4: mbajpai (button) showed [Js 9s] and lost with a pair of NinesSeat 5: IntegraTypeR777 (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: fazo (big blind) showed [6c Qs] and lost with King Queen highSeat 7: mommyboy didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: slick710 folded on the FlopSeat 9: PrincessValYum didn't bet (folded)4 ppl all in and not one even has top pair, me included :club: