GL No_Neck. One thing I'm wondering is why you feel you need 80 buy-ins?? Couldn't you start at NL100 and do OK with 40 buy-ins?? Aren't you a winner at that level??Also, with that bankroll, you could easily play a table or 2 of PLO8 at the $200 level...
I deffinately am doing to mix in some different games... Omaha Hi has been really good to me. You are going to see me in the 08 forum a lot more. I have been a winner at the .5/1 level but I haven't played it since banning of US players, also not all of that is online I am only keeping 2k online and the rest in the bank.I just want to get a couple of winning sessions under my belt and get up a few hundred before I take a shot. I dunno I am a bankroll nit.
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck No_Neck hope it all goes well for you.My only goal for April is to place in the money at the Heartland Poker Tour event this weekend. They pay top thirty so if I make it past the qualifying rounds I should be alright.

So tomorrow is my last day of work... I have about a 4k roll and I know it is stupid to live on a 4k roll but I have to leave my job... it sucks that bad. I have paid my rent for a month ahead so at least I won't be living under a bridge in the next thirty days....I am going to keep playing 50 NL and slowly creep up to 100 NL when I am playing well. I have insurance for the next few months, I also have a job at home sort of thing that should be worth about $750 a month. I am a little nervous but what the heck you only live once.I am going to 8 table full ring, I think I should be able to keep my head affloat..... anywho wish me luck.
how are you planning on depositing? where are you planning on playing? seems like a little bonus-whoring as you start out could minimize your risk and help shore up your bankroll.
Is the 4k your bankroll or your current life savings?
I have some non liquid investments, like 401k and a piece of real estate that I plan on building a house on when I retire. But that is all the liquid money I have.Also I am getting $600 deposit bonus at Fulltilt and I am getting 27% rakeback, the only issue is I am in the US, so I am not going to be able to take advantage of a lot of the offers.
So tomorrow is my last day of work... I have about a 4k roll and I know it is stupid to live on a 4k roll but I have to leave my job... it sucks that bad. I have paid my rent for a month ahead so at least I won't be living under a bridge in the next thirty days....I am going to keep playing 50 NL and slowly creep up to 100 NL when I am playing well. I have insurance for the next few months, I also have a job at home sort of thing that should be worth about $750 a month. I am a little nervous but what the heck you only live once.I am going to 8 table full ring, I think I should be able to keep my head affloat..... anywho wish me luck.
Post when you go broke.
I knew there would be one hater. You are just pissed cause your government is as screwed up as ours. :club:
At least the US had to go through a legislative procedure. In Turkey they just decided one day to ban it.
I'm interested to hear how Iggy's doing on his new stake.
-$1500 in 2 days. Boom. Ouch.$1500 restakeament with me getting 2/1 on profits started last night. Not sure how it's going this time.First time there was a 'miscommunication' which I'm not happy about. I set a minimum 12 buyin (or 200BB) rule (ultra high variance I know, but I figured if he is flexible about moving up and down it should be ok - he would have to lose 3 buyins before he would hit $50PL, then a further 12 before hitting $25PL where he would have another 24 more buyins). He took this as meaning only for moving up limits and not down. This led to him being sat with >$600 on a 50c/$1 PLO table when that was his entire roll.This time there's a much stricter and more detailed BR management scheme.
I knew there would be one hater. You are just pissed cause your government is as screwed up as ours. :club:
Just put a thousand dollars aside for plane tickets. Weather is sunny , life is cheap , people are friendly. Good food. BurgerKing and Mcdonald's deliver to houses. Live Night life. Only one hour away from Greek Islands. Army didn't take control of the parliment for 27 years. What else can you expect from a country? And my couch is very comfortable.All we need to do is 8 table Fulltilt for 8 hours a day.
At least the US had to go through a legislative procedure. In Turkey they just decided one day to ban it.
Yeah everyone knows US' dedication to laws and legal procedures.****I didn't mean to make 2 posts.
Just put a thousand dollars aside for plane tickets. Weather is sunny , life is cheap , people are friendly. Good food. BurgerKing and Mcdonald's deliver to houses. Live Night life. Only one hour away from Greek Islands. Army didn't take control of the parliment for 27 years. What else can you expect from a country? And my couch is very comfortable.All we need to do is 8 table Fulltilt for 8 hours a day.
You know, that all sounds fantastic.One of my life ambitions is to visit Santorini, Greece.Also, McD's home delivery sealed the deal.

Brag post...Won my biggest pot ever in a 5/10 NLHE hand this evening...Open-raised 88 on button to $30, SB called...Flop 886...he checks, I check...Turn 9...he checks, I bet $35, he calls...River T...he bets $20, I raise to $220, he min-re-raises to $420, I shove, he calls...$2542 pot! :club:(He had QJ)

wow.Nice Cobalt.Did you set that up with aggression/bluffing earlier, or was he that bad?
From my conversation with Cobalt earlier:
But this guy had like $1.8k...and was really bad...so I stuck around even though we were 3-handed. ... I knew it was inevitable he was going to dump the money. .... He kep calling raises with like 32o and bottom pair. ...
Not me.You are moving here when you go broke.
I am going to take you up on this... now if I can just get enough money together to get a flight. Where do you live in Turkey again?BRAG: my mom suggested that we (my family) go to Vegas this year instead of buying each other presents.
I am going to take you up on this... now if I can just get enough money together to get a flight. Where do you live in Turkey again?BRAG: my mom suggested that we (my family) go to Vegas this year instead of buying each other presents.
Izmir , west coast. I can see the lights of Greek Islands from our summer house's window!

Late addition to the monthly goal thread. I have $11 in my Stars acct, and echecks is shut down. My only hope/goal for the month is to Pwn the heads up tourney because I need the $400....lol I'm half way there...wish me luck!!

Almost busted my FT account tonight (down to $7 while sitting in a $50 STT). Fortunately and clutchly won that. No FT Sunday for me...though I'll probably be playing the Stars and Bodog. That said, I've scaled way back on my MTTs lately. Gotten back to my bread and butter of NL cash...and it's going pretty well. Totally forgot about the cash game swings though. On a heavy tourny day, I'd end up spending like $1k max in buy-ins. This evening playing 3/6 NL, I dug like a $3k hole and then finished with a $700 profit in around 3 hours.In another significant development, I'm looking forward to going to New Orleans next month and then the WSOP for June. After that, I may actually revoke my professional player title and work with my dad. Definitely wouldn't give up the poker, but it's a pretty cool opportunity.

i withdrew what was left of my absolute roll to buy an HDTV, i'll post pics of my new office area when i get it. that leaves me with a couple hundo on stars, where i'm going to play a couple hundred 6.50s to get back in the swing of STTs then go back to the 16s.i remember why i left STTs in the first placei got notes on this guy "mr AK, QQ+ pf, rbig w/ garbage, gambol"first hand BTWPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t10/t209 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) kkcountry is SB with A :D K :D2 folds, MP1 raises to t220, 4 folds, kkcountry raises all-in t1500, BB folds, MP1 calls all-in t1280.Flop: T :D Q :) 2 :D (t1540, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t3020)Turn: Q :club: (t1540, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t3020)River: 2 :) (t1540, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t3020)Results:Final pot: t1540kkcountry showed Ah KsMP1 showed Qh Khwoooooooooooooooooooooooo