Blind Vs Blind, 12 Left, 4 Paid

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on what to do in this situation I was recently in.Local live tournament, down to two tables with six left on each, top 4 get paid. Blinds are 800-1,600 and I have ~19,000 in chips and am in small blind with A3 suited. Big blind has ~6,500 in chips (including his posted BB). He hasn't been at my table for more than 10 minutes so I dont know much about him.It's folded around to me with my A3 suited, do I risk 1/3 of my stack and just push? Obviously he is desperate and could call with anything. The same thing happened the time before, although I had less chips, and I pushed with A4 off and he folded.Anyways, I pushed with my A3 and he thought for a while and finally called with 68 off so I was around a 58% favorite. The board came QQK66 and I lost the hand. Due to this, I finished 9th when I had to push with A10 suited and ran into AQ.If I am only trying to win the tournament do I shove that A3 every time or is it a stupid play? Should I have just called hoping to see a flop? Should I ever fold this hand in this situation? Thanks.

You made the right move,I don't understand his call with 6 8... even though he doesn't have much left, I really think he could have picked a better spotBut as for you, I'd do that every time and twice on sundays..Weird thing is....I played in a local tourney as well this week...It was HU and he had about a 2 to 1 chip lead on me..I had ace 3 and raised, he reraised and I went all in..He turned over 6 8Board was KKQ56...Freaky goings on!!

Pushing is very understandable, and may very well be the best play. I like the idea of just limping in, though. If he pushes, you probably call and get the same result as if you pushed. But if he checks, then you put out the minimum bet no matter what comes on the flop. If you completely miss and he pushes, you can safely fold. If you hit a pair, even just threes, then you probably have to call. Again, this might not be the best play, but it definitely risks the fewest chips.

Pushing is very understandable, and may very well be the best play. I like the idea of just limping in, though. If he pushes, you probably call and get the same result as if you pushed. But if he checks, then you put out the minimum bet no matter what comes on the flop. If you completely miss and he pushes, you can safely fold. If you hit a pair, even just threes, then you probably have to call. Again, this might not be the best play, but it definitely risks the fewest chips.
Limping is wrong here. Your fold equity is as valuable or more so than your cards here. Shoving on these facts is the clear right play. His call was, frankly, horrible.