Wto Rules Against Us

I disagree that it doesn't mean anything. It means that the US has to allow internet gambling or it will never be able to take a case before the WTO again and be taken seriously. The WTO is likely to laugh at the US unless the US complies with previous rulings. And the US apparently has a couple of MAJOR cases that it wants the WTO to intervene. These cases mean a lot more to the US than online gambling.So while it has no immediate effect, it means the US has to ban ALL online gambling, including horse-racing and lottery, or allow ALL online gambling, including poker and slots. Do you think the states and horse people will allow that cash to be cut off?

I disagree that it doesn't mean anything. It means that the US has to allow internet gambling or it will never be able to take a case before the WTO again and be taken seriously. The WTO is likely to laugh at the US unless the US complies with previous rulings. And the US apparently has a couple of MAJOR cases that it wants the WTO to intervene. These cases mean a lot more to the US than online gambling.So while it has no immediate effect, it means the US has to ban ALL online gambling, including horse-racing and lottery, or allow ALL online gambling, including poker and slots. Do you think the states and horse people will allow that cash to be cut off?
I hope you're right, but it hasn't meant anything in the past. The ruling just affirms what the WTO has ruled in previous cases.Now if the UK (or another powerful ally - hell, even a powerful enemy) took up the charge, then that would mean something. Unfortunately for Antigua and Barbuda (and Internet poker players), the Caribbean Islands don't carry much political weight in the world of international trade ...
So while it has no immediate effect, it means the US has to ban ALL online gambling, including horse-racing and lottery, or allow ALL online gambling, including poker and slots. Do you think the states and horse people will allow that cash to be cut off?
thats not ideal for us. i would rather all gambling be banned and poker allowed. that way all the degens would have to play poker :club:
"...Am I the only one who hears the screamsAnd the strangled cries of lawyers in love."-Jackson Browne
Jackson Browne rules. Im listening to him right now......I want to know who the men in the shadows are I want to hear somebody asking them why they can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but they are never the ones to fight or to die!

Normally I'd say **** the WTO. I dont want any international organization telling the US what to do. But this is an important issue. I wish we were smart enough to handle this internally without the need for organizations like this to get involved. We think its good now, but what happens when they try to control what we do with other issues.