I had a situation in a 1/2 NL game yesterday in which I had Qc 10c on the button. There was a $15 preflop raise and I called. The flop came down 10d Qs 4d, giving me top 2. The player who raised bet out $25. I raised it to $50 and he pushed all in for $200. I'm putting him on the nut flush draw. What do you do in these situations? You know you have him beat, but he has so many outs here.

I had a situation in a 1/2 NL game yesterday in which I had Qc 10c on the button. There was a $15 preflop raise and I called. The flop came down 10d Qs 4d, giving me top 2. The player who raised bet out $25. I raised it to $50 and he pushed all in for $200. I'm putting him on the nut flush draw. What do you do in these situations? You know you have him beat, but he has so many outs here.
Getting your money in good will make you money.I'm guessing this is KK. Don't call $15 raises with QT until you know what to do here.Think: was $15 a standard raise? Or was it high? If it's high, villain prolly has overs like KK AA. If it's standard, you could be looking at a lot of hands.

I rarely ever fold here without a dead on read. This is AK, AA, KK, AQ much too often to fold in this spot. If he has the two case queens, oh well, time to reload.

Getting your money in good will make you money.I'm guessing this is KK. Don't call $15 raises with QT until you know what to do here.Think: was $15 a standard raise? Or was it high? If it's high, villain prolly has overs like KK AA. If it's standard, you could be looking at a lot of hands.
Here's the thing...you're ahead here. It really doesn't matter what he has. Obviously, the less outs he has the better, but you're playing a cash game. Get it all in here every single time.Also, I agree that this looks like KK or AA.

$15 in this game is a standard raise. This player is by no means a LAG but is known to raise it up with suited Aces. On the other hand, he's more likely to slow play AA or KK, which is why I didn't put him on those hands. I usually call a raise like this in position with decent suited cards (i.e. Q10, J10, etc)If he had AA or KK, I'm sure he would have flat called my raise and not pushed all in. I was almost positive he had AJd or AQd. But considering this, can you fold here?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Unless you're very, very sure that he's got a set, you should push every chip that you can convince the dealer is yours into the middle. You're ahead of AQd, AJd, AA, KK, AKd, blah blah. Is that what the question was? Turning River has downloadable hand calculators for free.

I was almost positive he had AJd or AQd. But considering this, can you fold here?
Are you kidding? If your read is anywhere near right, he's drawing to as few as like 8-10-12 outs, depending on his exact cards. That = good for you. Don't even think about folding.
I was almost positive he had AJd or AQd. But considering this, can you fold here?
Do the "all in" dance while pushing your chips out there.You understand that this is a good situation for you, right?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't making myself clear. What I was asking was, considering the situation and my read, is it smart to lay this down? BTW....I called his all in, he turned over AJd. The turn was the 4d and the river (just to rub it in) was the 8d.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't making myself clear. What I was asking was, considering the situation and my read, is it smart to lay this down?
Are you dense? We ALL understand what you're asking, and we ALL said to call. Don't be results based.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't making myself clear. What I was asking was, considering the situation and my read, is it smart to lay this down? BTW....I called his all in, he turned over AJd. The turn was the 4d and the river (just to rub it in) was the 8d.
No, this is never smart to fold.

You needed to call $150 more into a pot of $230. You were getting 2:1 on your bet. If he just had the nut flush draw, you were about a 2:1 favorite. If he held AQd, it would have been close to a coin flip and you were still getting great odds on your call. You made the right call and he got lucky.You should have a clear conscience.

Are you dense? We ALL understand what you're asking, and we ALL said to call. Don't be results based.
Also don't say that your read what exactly what the villian had, defeats the purpose of not posting results, we all are poker players and we can read your mind.
Also don't say that your read what exactly what the villian had, defeats the purpose of not posting results, we all are poker players and we can read your mind.
Also, don't fold top two when there's money in the pot against a flush and a gutty draw.

The only way you fold this hand is if you have a real good read that he has the set of 4s, very very unlikely a set of 10s or Qs. If you aren't 95% sure he has the set, push all your chips in because you are ahaid.

The only way you fold this hand is if you have a real good read that he has the set of 4s, very very unlikely a set of 10s or Qs. If you aren't 95% sure he has the set, push all your chips in because you are ahaid.
Are you high?You want to push here, but fold in the hand you posted....Push in both.

I had a good feeling in the other hand that I was up against the set. It's the only thing that made sense against that player, and it turned out to be the case. I'm saying, if you don't have a good read or really feel (instinct) like he has the set, you move all in. If you have a read or just really feel that he has a set, then think about it and a fold could save you lots of money. Otherwise, push. I have been in several hands where I floped 2 pair and was sure I was up against a set and folded and I turned out to be right. You might not always be right, but if your reads or hunches are right more often then wrong and you sense a set, then fold. Other wise I'm pretty sure a call is the right play in the long run. The poster said he thought the villian had AJ or some drawing hand. Thats an automatic call, as I said. In my thread with top 2, I had a real good feeling I was up against a set of 7s. I'm still trying to figure out how much I should trust my instinct.