• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Should the trochek shootout goal count?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/10/18/13326900/panthers-lightning-shootout-goal-trocheck-stamkos-bishop-rules-nhl

Watch the refs. One is about to wave it off when the other calls it a goal.

The "forward motion" criteria has always been a grey area to me. When players are stickhandling or decking the puck isn't always moving forward. I think it should be changed to "moving forward" OR (the player is) in control of the puck.

Imo, that goal shouldn't have counted.

Puck never actually moved backwards on the trochek goal. Looks like it does in fast motion, but if you look at the second video, pay attention to where he shot it from, it's basically parallel from where he lost it.

With that said, still shouldn't be a goal because he clearly lost control of the puck, but I think the rulebook is vague on that.

bad location + bad team + unenthusiastic fan base.

Is it a bad team though?

I realize they didnt win last year, and thats what you probably mean, as in recent results looking dim, but I was looking at their lineup at the start of the year, and really impressed with them overall.

if you ask me, very solid top 6, and great top 4 D.

Hoffman-Brassard-Stone

Ryan-Turris-MacArthur/ZSmith

Karllson-Methot

Phaneuf-Ceci

Is it a bad team though?

I realize they didnt win last year, and thats what you probably mean, as in recent results looking dim, but I was looking at their lineup at the start of the year, and really impressed with them overall.

if you ask me, very solid top 6, and great top 4 D.

Hoffman-Brassard-Stone

Ryan-Turris-MacArthur/ZSmith

Karllson-Methot

Phaneuf-Ceci

haven't looked too closesly. I'm more thinking about recent history, where it seems they've been a fringy team without Stanley cup aspirations, but also without a really robust farm team to look forward to either. Might be my biases speaking, since I've never liked the sens, but just seems like a "meh" kind of team, outside of Karlsson.

The Sens are definitely meh. A budget team with no real shot at the Cup hoping to make some extra money by squeaking into the playoffs.

Arizona being the opponent definitely doesn't help ticket sales.

The Sens are definitely meh. A budget team with no real shot at the Cup hoping to make some extra money by squeaking into the playoffs.

this is true, but this is worse attendance than, say, Phoenix vs CBJ in Phoenix for the last 5 years. Which is a bit shocking

Ya, I can see why you guys call them meh, because thats what I really thought of the team for years, but I dont know, I like how the team is shaping up, I think Brassard+Phaneuf are great gets, and they may have a couple of prospects ready to shine. I think this team could do some damage in the playoffs with some luck. Love the top 6 like that, but just add 1 more winger.

A shitty arena location can even screw up a Canadian team's attendance

Yup. Even I skipped games when I already had tickets there because of how annoying it is to get to the rink. I've said it before, but I would imagine there's a big correlation between nearness to downtown and attendance of all NHL teams.

random aside. Went to the new Arena in Edmonton on Saturday for a Kanye West concert. Really impressive building. for a street side "wow" factor, it's the nicest looking sports building I've seen in person.

random aside. Went to the new Arena in Edmonton on Saturday for a Kanye West concert. Really impressive building. for a street side "wow" factor, it's the nicest looking sports building I've seen in person.

Kanye just announced he is stopping in Fresno Nov 22..As a fellow Armenian I may see the show..

He is Armenian by marriage..FYI..

:)

Regarding the Sens..Its a shitty team, in a shitty location with shitty fans..

I only say this because I have been to 2 sens games, both times I was treated like shit..I had an ******* call my 9 year old son at the time a ****ing loser , because he had a Leafs jersey on.

I have never been treated like that in any other opposing stadium, rink or arena in any other aspect..

Looks good on them..

Rant over

Kanye just announced he is stopping in Fresno Nov 22..As a fellow Armenian I may see the show..

He is Armenian by marriage..FYI..

:)

if you even enjoy his music a little bit, I highly recommend it. The crowd energy in a Kanye West concert is like nothing I have ever experienced. No other concert or sporting event I have been to compares to it.

I went to Drake in Vancouver last month, and it was good, but it just didn't compare to Kanye.

Plus, the concert is only 90 minutes with no openers, so it's not like its a huge time investment.