Random Hockey Observations

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2m2 minutes ago

Senators announce Mark Stone has fracture of his right wrist. So much for the faker talk.

Still doesn't deserve a suspension

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

What do you say now Subban supporters..

He broke the guys hand...And now he gets away with no suspension.

Good job NHL.

He's still a drama queen. I've broken my wrist and my collarbone in seperate incidents playing hockey. I knew immediately that they were broken. I just skated off the ice. He reacted like he'd been shot.

I retract my previous statement about "nothing less than a broken wrist" elicitting that reaction.

He's still a drama queen. I've broken my wrist and my collarbone in seperate incidents playing hockey. I knew immediately that they were broken. I just skated off the ice. He reacted like he'd been shot.

I retract my previous statement about "nothing less than a broken wrist" elicitting that reaction.

I agree totally..

It was very soccer like

Subban supporters? This type of play happens often. And I've never seen that call made before.

It's too bad his wrist is micro-fractured. I bet he plays still though.

Subban supporters? This type of play happens often. And I've never seen that call made before.

It's too bad his wrist is micro-fractured. I bet he plays still though.

Does a play where a guys wrist is broken happen very often?

Looks like Chris Neil is gonna take Stone's spot..Lets see if PK fights...Unlikely..He will chicken out and let Prust fight him

I've literally never seen a game misconduct for slashing in all of my years watching hockey. I don't really care what the rulebook says, he didn't have to kick out Subban there. Nobody would have questioned it.

THIS!

since this is my first post on the topic, I couldn't believe they kicked him out. I had a bunch of friends over and we werent really watching that game....afterwards I was like, where's Subban?!?!?

Its a slash. Watch a hockey game, you see 50 of them every game. Thats not an exaggeration.

Dumb call.

Funny, one of my friends was remarking before the game that its too bad 2 canadian teams were playing against each other, and my thought was...I like this matchup, this should be a natural rivalry, hopefully this series continues what happened the last time they met in terms of hard fought, and great drama.

Good drama for the playoffs, gives me something to watch for. A little bad blood is good for hockey.

Does a play where a guys wrist is broken happen very often?

It happens a lot more than a major penalty for slashing. Google the last time a major penalty for slashing was called.

Looks like Chris Neil is gonna take Stone's spot..Lets see if PK fights...Unlikely..He will chicken out and let Prust fight him

Ya cuz Subban fighting Neil would be smart. Maybe Prust and Michalik can go at it too.

Greaseballs owner and sports legend Brian:

sherwood@sportswagers3 7m7 minutes ago

Typical Canadiens. They get every break. Stone's out and Subban should be suspended, Instead Stone's out and Subban is not suspended

At least it provides Brian with an excuse to be wrong on his prediction.

THIS!

since this is my first post on the topic, I couldn't believe they kicked him out. I had a bunch of friends over and we werent really watching that game....afterwards I was like, where's Subban?!?!?

Its a slash. Watch a hockey game, you see 50 of them every game. Thats not an exaggeration.

Dumb call.

Funny, one of my friends was remarking before the game that its too bad 2 canadian teams were playing against each other, and my thought was...I like this matchup, this should be a natural rivalry, hopefully this series continues what happened the last time they met in terms of hard fought, and great drama.

Good drama for the playoffs, gives me something to watch for. A little bad blood is good for hockey.

My only frustration with having the Canadian teams match up is that it would've been really amazing to have Canadian teams match in later playoff rounds. I know that can still happen, but the more odds, the better! An All-Canada Stanley Cup would be amazing. (Terrible for the NHL)

At least it provides Brian with an excuse to be wrong on his prediction.

He loses credibility with me, as him being a sharp bettor, when he says things like that.

Sounds like someone with emotional bias, and those kind of hyperbolic statements are obviously not fact based, so you wonder what he is really thinking when he backs a play.

My only frustration with having the Canadian teams match up is that it would've been really amazing to have Canadian teams match in later playoff rounds. I know that can still happen, but the more odds, the better! An All-Canada Stanley Cup would be amazing. (Terrible for the NHL)

eh, dont care about all-Cndn matchups really. Im all about rivalries, hard fought games, and the drama of overtimes in do or die games.

I like Ott-Mtl matchup more for geography and past issues than anything else. Would prefer Mtl-Bos if I could choose my playoffs today.

Obv Tor-Mtl was the best of them, until the Leafs became such a sadsack franchise that no one really considers them a rival. Really, who hates the Leafs these days? Its more apathy than hate.

Greaseballs owner and sports legend Brian:

sherwood@sportswagers3 7m7 minutes ago

Typical Canadiens. They get every break. Stone's out and Subban should be suspended, Instead Stone's out and Subban is not suspended

If every break includes losing your allstar goalie 1 series before the cup final, than ya they get all the breaks.

• Like 1

He loses credibility with me, as him being a sharp bettor, when he says things like that.

Sounds like someone with emotional bias, and those kind of hyperbolic statements are obviously not fact based, so you wonder what he is really thinking when he backs a play.

Ya it might be hyberbole, but show me another bettor that documents his picks and shows the results that he has..

UP 46 units in hockey this year...Was up 48 units last year.

up 21 units in baseball in 2015 55 units in 2014...63 units in 2013

had a losing year in the NFL down 15 units, but overall up huge

His statements are hyberbole, but the fact that the Canadiens have been lucky this year are based on facts and statistics.

I know we have discussed this at nauseaum..But why is this angle still so important to a lot of you??

Im pulling for Winnipeg because I like their style of play...There are tons of American teams led by superstar Canadian players....Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Rangers

Ironically a lot of the Canadian teams are led by non Canadian players...Vancouver(Sedins), Ottawa(Karlsson), Montreal(Pacioretty) and my favourite team of sadsack losers as Arp likes to call them , Kessel, JVR, Gardiner.

I know Arp mentions it doesnt interest him, obviously Rogers would love to see it for ratings...But if you polled REAL hockey fans, dont think they all agree to that sentiment.

I know we have discussed this at nauseaum..But why is this angle still so important to a lot of you??

Im pulling for Winnipeg because I like their style of play...There are tons of American teams led by superstar Canadian players....Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Rangers

Ironically a lot of the Canadian teams are led by non Canadian players...Vancouver(Sedins), Ottawa(Karlsson), Montreal(Pacioretty) and my favourite team of sadsack losers as Arp likes to call them , Kessel, JVR, Gardiner.

I know Arp mentions it doesnt interest him, obviously Rogers would love to see it for ratings...But if you polled REAL hockey fans, dont think they all agree to that sentiment.

The angle interests me because I'm Canadian.

Doesnt really answer the question IMO.

I disagree! I don't see it as much different than you caring about what happens to Zach Bogosian or any other Armenian. I assume Armenia's top sport is soccer...if there was an international soccer league, wouldn't you vote for Armenian teams over anyone else?

I disagree! I don't see it as much different than you caring about what happens to Zach Bogosian or any other Armenian. I assume Armenia's top sport is soccer...if there was an international soccer league, wouldn't you vote for Armenian teams over anyone else?

Totally irrelevant..

Because you are in some cases cheering for American, Russian and Swede players to succeed over our Canadian stars.

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs is not an international competition..Its like the a club championship.

I respect your "fandom", but politely disagree with it.