Random Hockey Observations

It makes no difference to me where they play as I'll be watching on tv. The anticipation of endless banter on ice conditions for each game is certainly exciting though.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I really don't care much for the actual game. I'm excited for the leafs/redwings alumni game. Also the 24/7 is very exciting.

The game is another game. Other than our leafs wouldn't care for anymore.

Love to see how they are going to get good ice outdoors in California

The bruins will be playing 6 games in 8 days.

The tragedy in Boston has had a huge effect on the Bruins.

Sure sports is insignificant compared to what happened. But the schedule is very tough and it will show

The tragedy in Boston has had a huge effect on the Bruins.

Huge effect? How do you know this effect has happened? That's a big assumption your making.

When they lose, it will be easy to blame last weeks schedule, but that wont be the reason. This team hasnt played well for a few weeks, I hope no one uses the tragedy to blame for a sports loss. (Like Edwards blamed a "tough week" for his idiotic comments today, as if he has never made idiotic comments in average weeks before)

I'll keep this out of the Leafs thread, to minimize the ruffled feathers, though this is intended at no one in this forum, not even Serge.

I want the Leafs in the playoffs. I get excited for the city that a Toronto team is in the NHL Playoffs. I hope they do well, I hope they play the Habs, and right now, I hope they win the Cup. (or, well, make the finals at least)

But then idiotic fans take this tone of "were so awesome, Habs/Senators/everyone else SUCKS", honk horns like they just did something incredible, and I lose all respect and the desire to cheer them on.

Show some class....all you did was be one of the top 16 teams in a 30 team league, you haven't accomplished fck all yet.

It might be a big deal if you couldn't accomplish it for 8 years, but only for you. In fact, that should only add to the level of shame of being so bad for so long, and a desire to prove this is more then a nice 12 week run and a hope that the team does more than just get a Participiation Ribbon in the playoffs.

Rant over. Sorry Serge, Wayne, Dave, whoever else....

I'll keep this out of the Leafs thread, to minimize the ruffled feathers, though this is intended at no one in this forum, not even Serge.

I want the Leafs in the playoffs. I get excited for the city that a Toronto team is in the NHL Playoffs. I hope they do well, I hope they play the Habs, and right now, I hope they win the Cup. (or, well, make the finals at least)

But then idiotic fans take this tone of "were so awesome, Habs/Senators/everyone else SUCKS", honk horns like they just did something incredible, and I lose all respect and the desire to cheer them on.

Show some class....all you did was be one of the top 16 teams in a 30 team league, you haven't accomplished fck all yet.

It might be a big deal if you couldn't accomplish it for 8 years, but only for you. In fact, that should only add to the level of shame of being so bad for so long, and a desire to prove this is more then a nice 12 week run and a hope that the team does more than just get a Participiation Ribbon in the playoffs.

I agree with your general sentiment but I don't begrudge people their joy and celebration. What I do find annoying is the (insert enemy city of the moment) sucks and all that negative stuff. You don't have to hate in order to love

I understand what you are saying. But singling out Leaf fans in this is wrong.

This happens in every rivalry. See the yanks/Boston. Philly/Pittsburgh.

You just notice it more because you live in toronto and the volume of Leaf supporters dwarfs anyone else.

Sports is about having fun. We have seen over the past week, there are so many tragedies, events in life that dwarf the fact we celebrate a round black object going into a net.

We as Leaf fans have taken so much "abuse" over the years. The butt of joke after joke after stupid joke that includes the words"1967, parade,golf". What's wrong with having a little fun? What's wrong with me and Adrian jumping up and down celebrating a participation ribbon as you call it?

I don't burn cars, I don't abuse Habs fans. I have a little clean fun. That's what sports is about. Sure we didn't cure cancer, we didn't get rid of the evil terrorists from the world. But we are celebrating the fact we will as a city, as a Leafs nation band together and enjoy something we have missed over the last 9 years. Some fun exciting playoff hockey.

-Yes, I notice it in Toronto cause I live here. Im sure other cities do it too, but I can only comment on what I see.

-I have no issue with you celebrating with your son. Or with your neighbour, or with any stranger. I dont undertstand why it has to take on the tone of "________ sucks, we just made the playoffs!!!"

- I have a couple of friends who were super quick to point out that certain members of the media did not predict this. Like, again, why cant you just enjoy your moment without feeling the need to belittle others?

- Im going to be in the minority on this, but I think teaching hate/sports hate, whether its in sports or wherever, is wrong. I think there is a fine line between clean fun, and an attitude of it doesnt matter how good I am, as long as Im better than others, as long as I can put down others.

I think Bob said it best. You dont need to hate in order to love. I have all the respect in the world for Leafs fans, or any sports fans, who live and die with their team, while still being able to respect others and minimize the childish hate.

I ran into some Ottawa fans yesterday and told them it would be great to have Toronto vs Ottawa in the second round they have some great playoffs against eachother. They answer back "Leafs Suck" Talk to my bro in law in Montreal I hope Toronto plays Montreal in the first round been waiting my entire adult life for Montreal Toronto playoffs his answer " Leafs Suck".

I've come to the conclusion that its not just leafs fans I am sure its every city.

Every team has fans like that. That's a given. Some of the Habs fans on my Twitter are beyond ridiculous. They spend most of their time fighting about Habs players. I saw some celebrating the fact that Brad Marchand was injured. That's ****ing ridiculous to me.

Once the Habs are eliminated I just hope for great hockey and that the Cup winner has a lot of guys who have never won it before. I have a lot of family that are Leafs fans and I can't recall seeing anything that would lead me to believe any of the Toronto players are douchebags away from the rink. In fact, if you take away that shitty, sucky, worthless jersey ;) guys like Reimer, Scrivens, Kessel, etc, seem like great individuals.

Would I want Zdeno Chara on the Habs? Definitely.

Would I have a beer with Zdeno Chara? Definitely.

Would I want to kick Zdeno Chara in the jock and crosscheck him on the bridge of the nose when he buckled over if I were playing against him? Definitely.

Iam with Dale on this as soon as Leafs and Montreal are eliminated I start with individual players. Iginla is probably top of the list with Steve Sullivan a close second.

-Yes, I notice it in Toronto cause I live here. Im sure other cities do it too, but I can only comment on what I see.

-I have no issue with you celebrating with your son. Or with your neighbour, or with any stranger. I dont undertstand why it has to take on the tone of "________ sucks, we just made the playoffs!!!"

- I have a couple of friends who were super quick to point out that certain members of the media did not predict this. Like, again, why cant you just enjoy your moment without feeling the need to belittle others?

- Im going to be in the minority on this, but I think teaching hate/sports hate, whether its in sports or wherever, is wrong. I think there is a fine line between clean fun, and an attitude of it doesnt matter how good I am, as long as Im better than others, as long as I can put down others.

I think Bob said it best. You dont need to hate in order to love. I have all the respect in the world for Leafs fans, or any sports fans, who live and die with their team, while still being able to respect others and minimize the childish hate.

Again I will point out. No one is hating anyone. I have friends that are Habs fans. All they do is make "1967,golf,parade" jokes. Constantly. We don't hate each other. We make fun of each others teams. It's normal. It's fun.

No one has taken more abuse than me , be it on this board, from my family and colleagues. Well now it's my turn to have fun. I really don't care that the snobby and proper thing to do is praise PK Subban for having a good year. Who cares. He is a Hab. I hate him.

Do I hate him as a human? Of course not. I m sure he is an amazing guy. I respect him. But on the ice he makes me want to throw up. Mostly due to the jersey he wears.

It's ok for the media to Constantly make jokes about the Leafs. They predicted them to finish last, yup some did. Well why can't we call them out on it??

Fwiw. I never said Habs suck we made the playoffs. I say Habs suck regardless. Why? Because that's how things are. You grow up a Leafs fan. You hate the Habs. If you want to pretend and say , I like all Canadian teams. That's bullshit. That's not how things work.

Let's take Eric staal s various jabs at the Leafs over the years. Isn't it warranted that we say " hey loser, how is the team you are the captain of doing this year??"

It works both ways

Anyone catch how Serge worked "burn cars" and "Habs fans" into the same sentence? Yeah, me too.

That actually wasn't intentional. But cars being burned in certain cities are not fiction

That actually wasn't intentional. But cars being burned in certain cities are not fiction

Nobody claimed it was fiction.

Perhaps your friends are always directing 1967 jokes at you because of the way you act toward them. Just a theory.