Random Hockey Observations

all true, and yet, they are like 3rd in total cap payroll. how do you even do that?

It’s hard to do with bad management and it’s happen. What do you do now?

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

It's hard to do with bad management and it's happen. What do you do now?

I would trade off everyone that I could, barring a core few, and do a whole new rebuild. You can make them a contender in 3yrs with the farm they have,

And I would really stop giving a marginal talent with no proven experience like Koskinen so much money and term.

The playoff race in the West is going to be exciting. It seems like most of the teams dont want to make the playoffs..Pretty interesting stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

****, Jack Edwards is painful.

I was watching the SJ game on Monday, and a controversial penalty occurred....and then he said something that was in favour of SJ, made a lot of sense, and was articulated without yelling.

I honestly wondered what was wrong with him.

I use to like Jack Edwards when he did non-affiliated games.

Not sure what happens to him when he does Bruins games.

it's a requirement to be idiot for Boston sports. Seem Tommy Heinsohn for the Celtics

• 3 weeks later...

I know these guys are under the microscope but I find broadcasting miscarriages to let everyone know to be something I would not do such as Evander Kane and Erik Karlsson

It happens quite a bit and I know it is a very hard to take in for a couple

I should know my wife and I had 2 miscarriages and one of them were twins. Here is the thing my family or her family never knew it happen

I may have a cold heart but just my beliefs to keep it private

I know these guys are under the microscope but I find broadcasting miscarriages to let everyone know to be something I would not do such as Evander Kane and Erik Karlsson

It happens quite a bit and I know it is a very hard to take in for a couple

I should know my wife and I had 2 miscarriages and one of them were twins. Here is the thing my family or her family never knew it happen

I may have a cold heart but just my beliefs to keep it private

I think at 26 weeks it's different than much earlier. People know she was expecting and they went so far as to name the child. At 26 weeks most premature babies survive.

I think at 26 weeks it's different than much earlier. People know she was expecting and they went so far as to name the child. At 26 weeks most premature babies survive.

Listen I get it

First miscarriage for us was just before the 1st trimester

Second miscarriage was just after the 1st trimester (the twins)

My wife cousin had a still born on twins and the daughter survived. She was of course extremely sad but she also didn’t broadcast it

Just my 2 cents. Yes it’s very sad news but it happens a lot

Now imagine sitting to meet the doctor and they think we should not (my wife and I) saying we may not want to have kids anymore. We had 2 girls as you know afterwards

I respectfully disagree Wayne, though I think it is something reasonable to disagree on. When my wife had a miscarriage (early in the first trimester) with our first, we were not well prepared to deal with it. We knew you “weren’t supposed to talk about it” and that just made it more difficult to deal with our grief. Thankfully we had told our parents at least about the pregnancy, and after the miscarriage, found out both our mothers had one as well, so we had some comfort and support.

Like you said, it’s extremely common (something like 25% of first pregnancies). So why not talk about it? For some people it may not be a big deal, but for others it is, and I don’t see a reason to hide something so heartbreaking, any more than someone shouldn’t hide mental illness, or a family death, or anything else that doesn’t reflect negatively on me personally but also may greatly impact me.

I’ve always believed the old saying about sunshine being the best disinfectant. Hiding something that bothers you may make life easier for people around you, but at the expense of both your own well-being and forming ‘real’ relationships with people.

What a weird, unpleasant and completely irrelevant response. Or maybe it’s brilliant? I guess everyone who ever has something bad happen to them should just decide they don’t need self-pity and everything would be cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Only three teams have never been swept in a playoff series. One of them is Las Vegas Can you name the other two? One is shocking to me....

Only three teams have never been swept in a playoff series. One of them is Las Vegas Can you name the other two? One is shocking to me....

No idea. I tried to find it online with no luck.

Random guess: red wings and predators

The Ovechkin/Svechnikov fight has now gotten Svechnikov older brother involved. Not sure why a 33 year old player needs to beat up a 19 year old kid but I do look forward to when Detroit plays Washington.

The Ovechkin/Svechnikov fight has now gotten Svechnikov older brother involved. Not sure why a 33 year old player needs to beat up a 19 year old kid but I do look forward to when Detroit plays Washington.

if ovi hadn’t knocked the kid out, everyone would be praising svechnikov for getting ovi off the ice for a 5 minute fighting major.