Random Hockey Observations

https://twitter.com/i/events/1080901276768989184

Seriously have to wonder about people who do this to a kid

not to defend ANY kind of bullying, because it’s all wrong and there is NEVER a reason... but Comtois was already a target because of the diving incident. This just gave assholes even more wrong justification to pile onto a kid.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Bullying on twitter and social media is done by cowards..I am all for chirping professional athletes like"Crosby you suck" "ovy you cant score on a breakaway if the Russian mob was after you" ..I mean chirping athletes that make millions of dollars is part of the game..But these are kids and should be left alone..

People chirping athletes just because they’re rich and slightly older is still laughable, mean and extremely childish. And it’s that example that leads kids and jerks to think it’s ok to harass on social media and elsewhere.

Someone having a big bank account does not give you leeway to be an ******* to them.

• Like 1

Bullying on twitter and social media is done by cowards..I am all for chirping professional athletes like"Crosby you suck" "ovy you cant score on a breakaway if the Russian mob was after you" ..I mean chirping athletes that make millions of dollars is part of the game..But these are kids and should be left alone..

So, its not ok today, but one month ago when he was playing for Anaheim, that was ok?

So, its not ok today, but one month ago when he was playing for Anaheim, that was ok?

Not what I meant...Chirping is ok if they are pro athletes ..Like the cool little exchange Crosby had with a fan. Bullying is NOT ok on any level.

Not sure how I survived without Spitting Chicklets podcast before..So awesome.

Paul Bisonette is just a legend.

Not what I meant...Chirping is ok if they are pro athletes ..Like the cool little exchange Crosby had with a fan. Bullying is NOT ok on any level.

Problem of course is that plenty of people would call the kind of chirping that happens every day “bullying” and what was referred to in the post that started this exchange as “chirping”. The kind of non-attacking jokes in the Crosby exchange are obviously fine but there’s a lot of gray area after that.

Not sure how I survived without Spitting Chicklets podcast before..So awesome.

Paul Bisonette is just a legend.

I'm with you there. Pretty much all I listen to in the car now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Edmonton Oilers situation gets weirder.

Connor McDavid will start the so-called second half of the season centering Ty Rattie and Milan Lucic.

What an organization.

Carter Hart's numbers have been pretty impressive, considering the goaltending mess the team was in all year.

Would they be a playoff team or a contender if Hart played all year?

Carter Hart's numbers have been pretty impressive, considering the goaltending mess the team was in all year.

Would they be a playoff team or a contender if Hart played all year?

such a fine line between the mediocre teams that will make the playoffs and those that won't. Great goaltending can go a long long way.

Hart's been very good, and I really like him as a prospect, but I think its still a very small sample, esp for a gtd. The team itself has played a little better in front of him too.

Still, would be nice to see what Philly can do with a solid gtd, esp one that lasts a few years and not just a year.

I dont know what it is, but I have a lot of love for the Habs being on TV, and seeing those jerseys.

Im guessing its nostalgia from my youth of the Habs being option #2 on Sat nights, and me always appreciating how great the team always played when I was young. Seemed like they were always a contender. So even now, random afternoon game vs NJ, and Im looking forward to watching it for a few mins at least, even if neither team is all that great this year.

I hated how often they knocked out the Whalers, but man, its just such a franchise, such an iconic jersey.

Anyone know of a website that grades the strength of schedule for remaining games of the NHL season?

Im trying to make a trade in one of my leagues, and figuring out which gtd out of Bishop-Dubnyk-Holtby....maybe Rinne. (Rinne salary too much prob)

Categories are Wins+GAA, so Im wondering if any of these gtd play a weaker sched than the others.

I dont know what it is, but I have a lot of love for the Habs being on TV, and seeing those jerseys.

Im guessing its nostalgia from my youth of the Habs being option #2 on Sat nights, and me always appreciating how great the team always played when I was young. Seemed like they were always a contender. So even now, random afternoon game vs NJ, and Im looking forward to watching it for a few mins at least, even if neither team is all that great this year.

I hated how often they knocked out the Whalers, but man, its just such a franchise, such an iconic jersey.

I never missed a Hockey Night in Canada when I was a kid. My biggest memory is always the time when the Leafs played Montreal in the semis and Sittler never sat when he came off the ice

Hart's been very good, and I really like him as a prospect, but I think its still a very small sample, esp for a gtd. The team itself has played a little better in front of him too.

Still, would be nice to see what Philly can do with a solid gtd, esp one that lasts a few years and not just a year.

Very good point. It is definetely a small sample size and probably a lot to ask a rookie goalie to play 50-60 games...

What a disaster for them.

I feel really bad for Glen Gulutzan. He has a lot of ties to Fresno as he spent a significant time here. We have a lot of mutual friends with him, and they all say he is such an amazing guy.

What a disaster for them.

I feel really bad for Glen Gulutzan. He has a lot of ties to Fresno as he spent a significant time here. We have a lot of mutual friends with him, and they all say he is such an amazing guy.

it's pretty amazing that a team that has had that many high draft picks has so little talent. After their big 3 forwards the rest aren't really better than AHL players.

it's pretty amazing that a team that has had that many high draft picks has so little talent. After their big 3 forwards the rest aren't really better than AHL players.

all true, and yet, they are like 3rd in total cap payroll. how do you even do that?