Random Hockey Observations

Ryan Whitney talked about it in one of the early episodes (5 or 6) of Chiclets I just listened to this weekend. He basically said it was BS but said if a guy is REALLY high or low, there is something to it. Meaning, there's a a certain +/- (no pun intended) BS factor to it.

His example was one of his years in the AHL at WBS he was a -12 and was on for like 15 empty net goals against.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

If your last name is Bertuzzi and you play in the NHL you're a garbage human being.

he was wrong but looked like he got speared a bit as the Colorado player tried to get his stick from the bench

I ****ing hate his uncle with a burning passion.

Speared because they wouldn't let the stick go.

no doubt, but still speared.

I would have probably given 1 game suspension for the punches but hardly like the shit his Uncle did

Automatic 5 games for leaving the bench but only 2 for a bare fisted uppercut on a defenseless player. This should literally never happen in hockey. They got it wrong on this one. I think it’s more about not wanting to create a precedent than to dole out the proper punishment. Player safely my ass.

https://www.nhl.com/video/bertuzzi-suspended-two-games/t-277440360/c-63623103

Automatic 5 games for leaving the bench but only 2 for a bare fisted uppercut on a defenseless player. This should literally never happen in hockey. They got it wrong on this one. I think it’s more about not wanting to create a presedence than to dole out the proper punishment. Player safely my ass.

https://www.nhl.com/video/bertuzzi-suspended-two-games/t-277440360/c-63623103

The two things are not the same. I didnt see the Bertuzzi incident, but the league allows for more leeway when it comes to players engaging/protecting themself. It does not want players coming off the bench which leads to more players coming off the bench which leads to an all out brawl... something the league does not like.

Seattle coming in to the west is exciting...Personally more west coast teams I like as well.

Interesting to see what happens with the expansion draft..Still have over 2 years for that, and it will happen after the CBA is renewed and hopefully no lockout.

Seattle coming in to the west is exciting...Personally more west coast teams I like as well.

Interesting to see what happens with the expansion draft..Still have over 2 years for that, and it will happen after the CBA is renewed and hopefully no lockout.

florida has already offered their first round draft picks and Ekblad to Seattle in exchange for a Starbucks latte.
  • Like 1

Basis of a tweet I saw last night...

The Pens beat the Islanders last night 2-1 in a shootout.

Sooooo...The Pens win the season series by going 2-1-1.

Aaaand...The Islanders win the season series by going 2-1-1.

:icon_think:

Basis of a tweet I saw last night...

The Pens beat the Islanders last night 2-1 in a shootout.

Sooooo...The Pens win the season series by going 2-1-1.

Aaaand...The Islanders win the season series by going 2-1-1.

:icon_think:

playing .500 isn't what it used to be

I hope Steph Curry is trolling us, or else I lost all respect for him. Is he that dumb?

Believing the moon landing was fake is less outlandish than not believing in Climate Change or believing Vaccinations cause autism IMO. I guarantee there are a whole bunch of pro athletes that fall into the latter categories.

I just saw that Keith and Seabrook will both be playing their 1000th game tonight. First teammate Dmen to ever do it in the same game.

That truly is awesome..I would be interested to see how many of those games they played together..I would think its a very high percentage..

Just found out that on January 10, Phil Pritchard will be bringing the Stanley Cup to Fresno.

Very exciting for the hockey fans , mostly the kids here....Kevin was able to make it happen, should be fun day..

• 3 weeks later...

Before getting excited about the performances in the juniors , here is something that I found today.

2006 the Canadians win the gold medal led by Justin Pogge who started every game. His backup was none other than Devan Dubnyk. Dubnyk is a number one goalie in the league and Pogge, well we all know about him.