• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

What is Canada tax law on this?

in Canada a "windfall" isn't considered taxable income so all lottery or gambling or sweepstakes wins are tax free here.

we also can give anybody gifts of any amount tax free.

If you take the cash in a lump sum you won't be taxed. If you take the payments as in $1000 a week then the government considers it income and you will be taxed. That what I've been told by representatives of OLG and a few accountants... so I don't really know. Perhaps there are ways around it. I'd like to know for sure because I plan on winning soon.

not sure what you're talking about. Windfalls including lottery wins aren't taxed.

This is what I'm talking about...

"The $1,000 a day prize is designed to help you dream and get you to buy a $3 ticket,but comes with tax complications as annuities are taxable. A $1,000 a day payout is $365,000 paid out in a year’s time. The $7 Million (shared by winning tickets) lump-sum payout is all TAX FREE. Put it in the bank; you have to pay tax on the interest made on the $7 Million."

"Annuities

If you win a sizable amount, it's common to receive the prize over time – perhaps paid as a certain amount each month for life. Be aware that prizes paid out in this way – that is, as an annuity – will be partly taxable. I think of the decision in the case of The Queen v. Rumack (92 DTC 6142), where Ms. Rumack won $1,000 a month for life. The court admitted that the $135,338 used to purchase the annuity, which would pay Ms. Rumack $1,000 monthly, was a tax-free amount. But the annuity payments are partly a return of this tax-free capital, and partly interest on the capital. The court made it clear the interest portion is taxable."

Another interesting thing I was told about the $1000/day option is that you can leave it to someone in your will.

my understanding is that there is a minimum amount of time that they will pay out so if you die off before you reach the minimum they will still pay out the rest to your estate.

Another interesting thing I was told about the $1000/day option is that you can leave it to someone in your will.

I have never had it come up, but it would be interesting to see if you can use it as income on mortgage and loan applications.

It would make sense yes

my understanding is that there is a minimum amount of time that they will pay out so if you die off before you reach the minimum they will still pay out the rest to your estate.

I believe it's 25 years for the Daily Grand.

Interesting and stupid at the same time.

Carolina team will hold Shootouts BEFORE the game, just in case there is a tie.

NASCAR fans might go for it, who knows.

https://www.carolinathunderbirds.com/news/thunderbirds-testing-new-rule-to-begin-games-with-?fbclid=IwAR1SEzWWgcJij1O3xR34fkk0uKKnKk0WWxkJTG7Bhrgy2CGUZUnPSEOtbzQ

Do you guys believe that +/- is a useless stat..I think maybe in context its useful but its a weird one in some cases.

Ron Hainsey is one of the top guys in the league with a plus 16..While Kadri is a minus 8. And its not like Hainsey is an offensive dman, that gets a ton of points like Reilly.

Matthews is a zero while Marner is a plus 10.

I know it has more to do with matchups, but there has to be some validity in it.