Random Hockey Observations

IMO, de haan is a pretty good to good D man that definitely benefited from there being zero D options in free agency this year

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

This made me laugh more than it probably should have. My God Lou is bad.

Dobber

‏@DobberHockey

#Isles have an amazing fourth line of Kuhnhackl-Cizikas-Fillppula-Komarov-Martin-Clutterbuck

They're bound to get called for too many men on the ice, though

well, these appear complimentary to the player+contract. It appears he is a better puck mover than I would have guessed.

I saw something late last night from a Carolina guy who I follow for adv stats, and it was not as complimentary, but still 'ok'.

I find that many mistake points for meaning not a good puck mover. I think points are often a by product of usage, and most D get their points from the situations they are allowed to play in. While I dont think De Haan is a 40-50pt D, it doesnt mean that he couldnt be 30-40 if they put him on the #1 PP. Now, they wont do that, because there are more qualified D mean on Carolina, but whats important is that he can play the puck out of his zone, and carry it into the neutral zn and attack with some skill. Might not translate into 40pts a year, but as long as he keeps the puck and doesnt shoot it off the boards at first touch.....I'm good.

please no.

I have a feeling the return is going to be really underwhelming. I think at some point a GM's reputation becomes so bad that other GMs don't want to be the one "sucker" to actually pay fair market value for a player.

Karlsson to Tampa is apparently a done deal.

What’s the holdup. Seems like forever they reported a trade call.

NYR are apparently involved so they're probably trying to work out details. Or someone told Dorion that TBL are in the same division as OTT.

It’s becoming really hard to hate the Habs and Sens. It’s now where you have to feel sorry for them.

That's been my feeling toward the Leafs over the years. Now, I find myself following (caring?) more about players now than teams. I think fantasy hockey has a lot to do with it.

• Like 1

Its pretty amazing the Lightning have $47 million in cap committed to 7 players in 2022-2023 already.

If somehow the Karlsson trade and subsequent contract was to happen, that number could be around $57 million for 8 players..

I dont think its a coincidence that Stevie Y played his whole career with one team, and he like to see that with his core in Tampa..

Its pretty amazing the Lightning have $47 million in cap committed to 7 players in 2022-2023 already.

If somehow the Karlsson trade and subsequent contract was to happen, that number could be around $57 million for 8 players..

I dont think its a coincidence that Stevie Y played his whole career with one team, and he like to see that with his core in Tampa..

It's funny you mention this... I just read this today:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-russian-five-captures-triumphs-and-tragedies-of-legendary-red-wings-unit

Otto volunteer for the Osprey Open. Today he had to hang around with Dylan Strome for a round of golf. Afterwards for the dinner Strome invited Otto to eat at his table. However the staff stopped it because only players and pro am players only

Otto volunteer for the Osprey Open. Today he had to hang around with Dylan Strome for a round of golf. Afterwards for the dinner Strome invited Otto to eat at his table. However the staff stopped it because only players and pro am players only

Staff is dumb. Let the kid eat with Dylan

Arp, did you see this story?

http://abc11.com/spo...easons/3815900/

Ya, my first inclination was to be upset, but then I read about some of the numbers behind the broadcast, and if they are to be believed, a case can be made for why they lowballed the radio host. There were reports of only 2,000 listeners per game, and severe lack of sponsors.

still sad though

Brady Skjei contract is absurd. What are the Rangers thinking

they're thinking that the Knicks shouldn't get all the credit as the dumbest team to play out of MSG