Random Hockey Observations

bigger than Serge ? Is his head exploding today ?

Ive never heard him yell so much in a conversation we had. When he came back down to Earth, we had a good talk about the franchise, and where else they have needs. He's a very realistic fan in all regards, but even he today is on cloud nine.

Hell, I would be too. This is the biggest movement in hockey I can recall in a really long time.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Komarov to NYI for 4 years $12M

Lou is louing.

hey, you just had Garth Snow as your bad GM, what could be worse.

Lou, hold my beer.

As much as I love Uncle Leo that’s just bad.

Islanders are gonna be bad for a while.

As much as I love Uncle Leo that's just bad.

Islanders are gonna be bad for a while.

Lou is well past his best before date. I'm so glad he is no longer part of the Leaf's organization. I wasn't happy when they got him in the 1st place.

• Like 1

This ROR trade is a weird one for me.

I really like his game, and Im a big believer in getting the best player in trade, but wow does it seem like StL gave up a ton. And then add to it that they signed Bozak, and now IM wondering....does this mean they are splitting up Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko? I thought that was a pretty great line, maybe Schenn at C isnt what they really want. ROR with Tarasenko+Schwartz, Bozak with Fabbri+Schenn? Steen 3rd line?

More I think, more I'm liking this trade, in that I think both teams gave up a lot. I still think in this situation Id rather be St.Louis though.

Sobotka and Berglund are salary dumps. Tage Thompson is a good prospect (ask Bob) but they have better (ask Bob). The draft picks are spread out a little and I assume not going to be high ones.

Sobotka and Berglund are salary dumps. Tage Thompson is a good prospect (ask Bob) but they have better (ask Bob). The draft picks are spread out a little and I assume not going to be high ones.

St Louis is very deep with young forward prospects and can afford to part with Thompson. They wouldn't have given up Robert Thomas, they value him the same as a top 3 pick I'm guessing. Thomas is a going to be a cross between Patrice Bergeron and Mark Schiefle.

how not to manage the cap

/Cam Robinson/

‏@Hockey_Robinson

For at least the next three seasons, Vancouver will have 10.58 million - or 13% of their cap tied up in:

Sutter (4.38)

Roussel (3.2)

Beagle (3.0)

This ROR trade is a weird one for me.

I really like his game, and Im a big believer in getting the best player in trade, but wow does it seem like StL gave up a ton. And then add to it that they signed Bozak, and now IM wondering....does this mean they are splitting up Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko? I thought that was a pretty great line, maybe Schenn at C isnt what they really want. ROR with Tarasenko+Schwartz, Bozak with Fabbri+Schenn? Steen 3rd line?

More I think, more I'm liking this trade, in that I think both teams gave up a lot. I still think in this situation Id rather be St.Louis though.

Lou Korac

@lkorac10

Armstrong said that in a perfect world, the #stlblues could get to Christmas and you could have Robert Thomas centering a line with maybe Tarasenko on the right and O'Reilly on the left. Then you have Bozak with Steen & Perron with Schenn/Schwartz. Wrap your head around those

Thornton at $5 million is a bit of an overypay , however you need to pay your fan favourite that has given you all these years..

Rumor is he would of taken less if Tavares signed in San Jose.

This Erik Karlsson thing is getting weirder..

So now he can negotiate an extension with another team...How the hell is Doiron supposed to get fair value when he HAS to trade him to that particular team..

He obviously doesnt want to play in Ottawa, by turning down the reported $10 million per year contract..He will get Doughty money from several teams that are interested.

There highest paid player is Ryan and committed for 4 more years at $7.25 million per year..He has absolutely no trade value and he cant score anymore..

What are they supposed to get in return for Karlsson? Time to fold the franchise..

It looks like the Yakupov NHL saga is finally over..Well temporarily at the very least as he will be going to Russia.

The Mustangs who have only had one First Overall pick in the Entry draft were unlucky enough for it to be the Yakupov year.

At least we cut our losses semi early.

While we would of loved to have a player like Galchenyuk, Reilly, Forsberg, Teravainen, Hertl, Dumba , Lindholm, Pearson...We went with the YAK..at the time it was the right pick..

Good luck Yak..Hope things are better in the K

While we would of loved to have a player like Galchenyuk, Reilly, Forsberg, Teravainen, Hertl, Dumba , Lindholm, Pearson...

Ha. I drafted three of those guys and picked up another later (in a trade for one that I drafted).

DeHaan to Canes. 4 years $18.2 milly.

Arp. What up with this?

Hmmm, didnt see that coming at all.

The lefthanded part makes sense, and I suppose its still possible they trade away a D.

I wish they would hold onto Faulk, and just ride this lineup. Nothing wrong with keeping this ridiculously solid D depth, if the right deal isnt there.

That said, I sure would love to see Faulk+Skinner turn into a top 2 lines C+?.

Also, I might be making too much of his past 'top prospect' situation, but to me, this seems like a really reasonable signing, both in salary and in term. I really havent watched De Haan play at all, or really noticed him. Is he a good defensive D?

He's pretty damn good in his own end. A little more offense would be nice; it may come. He had shoulder surgery a few months ago (I think Jan.) and there was some concern about it being ok, but he says it's good and is golfing.