• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Just came back from my first press gig. Had lots of fun. We covered the Barracuda game. Full press access. Media room. Food and drinks and access to the players after. Had my first media scrum. Asked a few questions. Sure it’s an AHL game but there were a lot of Scouts there. Few ex nhl players I recognized. The big trade broke while we were there and it’s interesting the discussions going on.

Coolest moment meeting and talking to Mike Ricci who is now on staff of the Barracuda.

We are working on Sharks press passes. Lot harder to do. We maybe doing a practice soon. Still need some practice before I can interview Burns and Jumbo Joe.

Chris we are now buffoon buddies.

I don't think Duchesne is that much of an upgrade over Turris if at all, but he may be a better fit with OTT.

Im kind of thinking the same thing. I like Duchene a lot as a fantasy guy, but overall, Im not sure he's that much better than Turris. Be curious to see what they sign him for, I think that will help define the winners/losers of this deal. Turris at 6 for 6 doesnt seem crazy, and I think Nashville did VERY well in this deal, and I like Girard a lot, but getting Turris is a no brainer for them.

Good job my Sakic to turn it into a 3-way. It's easier to get 2 teams to each overpay by a little than to get 1 team to overpay by a lot.

• Like 1

Im kind of thinking the same thing. I like Duchene a lot as a fantasy guy, but overall, Im not sure he's that much better than Turris. Be curious to see what they sign him for, I think that will help define the winners/losers of this deal. Turris at 6 for 6 doesnt seem crazy, and I think Nashville did VERY well in this deal, and I like Girard a lot, but getting Turris is a no brainer for them.

I think Turris has had growing pains over the years but has evolved into a very good center. Whereas Duchene has much better name recognition, and better upside, but hasn't performed at his projections for a while.

I don't know... usually when a player wants out of Ottawa (Spezza / Heatley) we get hosed so this is a little bittersweet.

[ Rumour is that Turris's agent was really pushing for 8 years in Ottawa, a little surprised he went for 6 in Nashville but maybe with the lower taxes... ? ]

**** this

You bummed about something? Or confirming the Turris opinion.

Is it the Tyler Johnson news about having a flu for the big Whalers-Big M's showdown tomorrow night getting you down?

You bummed about something? Or confirming the Turris opinion.

Is it the Tyler Johnson news about having a flu for the big Whalers-Big M's showdown tomorrow night getting you down?

Lol I was trying to post a pic of the Dubnyk Funko Pop.

I like to apologize to Devan and the whole Dubnyk family for the terrible game he is about to have. I have Minnesota goalies in the other pool. Sorry guys.

(Reverse jinx) (360 jinx)

I’m here in San Jose covering the Barracuda vs Reign game. Sean Burke is here scouting for Habs. Appropriate to ask him how did Montreal do last night?

Mike Ricci is really a cool guy and has the coolest job. He basically hangs out and mentors the team. Had a few sandwiches in the press room before the game. Still looks like he can play.

Looks like Sean Burke didnt show up.

Instead of taking the first TV timeout, the Pens broadcast stuck with the game to show the tribute to Chris Kunitz. Didn't show a single commercial.

I wonder if this was a NHL.tv/Gamecentre only thing? (Since there are no commercials anyways) If so, thumbs up to NHL.tv staff for not just switching to the "Commercial in Progress" screen.

Or did the Pens or ATT Sportsnet buyout their own block of commercials to show the tribute to all viewers?

Either way, it was a really good move.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure to interview Paul Martin who was recently sent down to the AHL, which looks like he is being shopped for a trade partner..Great guy and hopefully he lands somewhere , maybe a contender.

Also interviewed John McCarthy..Captain of the Barracuda, who is going to the Olympics..He is so excited and was cool to see that in his eyes..

We were also lucky to get passes to a recent Sharks practice with full access to the dressing room..Unfortunately I couldnt attend as we were in Lake Tahoe for a hockey tournament..

I have found my true calling..

• Like 2