Random Hockey Observations

Jin didn't go. He was...in a mood. Stupid daylight savings time. He went to bed an hour late last night then got up 2 hours earlier. I know his limits lol.

Sigh. This is why they lost.

Btw I know exactly how that is with a young boy. Next time hopefully he goes and sees a good win.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Jin didn't go. He was...in a mood. Stupid daylight savings time. He went to bed an hour late last night then got up 2 hours earlier. I know his limits lol.

we have all been there. oh well, next time.

keep us updated, look fwd to the story of the first father+son game.

My try and take him to a Plymouth Whalers game.

good call, I started off at Marlies games. Those kind of events usually also offer a lot more for kids, ie interactions....kids games....other stuff.

I remember when Otto was a little kid around 4-6 years old. He could not take loud noise. At the job I was at I got a pair of tickets to one raptor and Leafs game I always took Otto and he had a hard time dealing with the noise

Needless to say he does not have issue with noise now. Absolutely loves going to sporting events

No...it's exactly what I figured would happen. Anyone sane didn't think Weber would suck. The question is how will he be in about 4 years. I'm assuming MB believes the window for the Habs to win is right about now.

I still hate Therrien.

Agreed with this completely, except I also wonder how he will be in about 4-5 months.

Holy Shit! Ryan O'Reilly got a penalty.

Interesting..HMMM..He was born in Clinton, Ontario..

Coincidence..OR...

I dont know.

• Like 1

Interesting..HMMM..He was born in Clinton, Ontario..

Coincidence..OR...

I dont know.

Rigged! Clinton paid off the refs to give him a penalty so his hometown would be mentioned.

• Like 1

Carey Price is 19-2 over the last two seasons...24-2 if you count The World Cup.

His save percentage is 0.953 and his GAA is 1.56 this season.

Jeez...Bryan Bickell diagnosed with MS.

F*ck. Thats really brutal.

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that disease up close, but just this week bumped into someone I've known for a while as an acquaintance, who evidently was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago. Her troubles were very sad, its just a horrible illness by the sounds of it.

That's terrible. Prayers to Bickell.

We have a close family friend. She was diagnosed 5 years ago. She leads a normal life, albeit with lots of medication and doctor visits.

I guess there are various degrees of it. Hope for best

The people that tried to make Tortarella's "animal" comment regarding Ryan Reaves into a racial slur are a part of the problem.

Nope. There is a difference between crying "racism" at every opportunity (a problem) and pointing out to people how even an innocent comment may be hurtful because of the use of certain terms. All that does is create a more clear delineation between what is acceptable and what isn't, which is positive in that it helps define when there is or isn't intent to be racial/sexist/etc in other situations.

Nope. There is a difference between crying "racism" at every opportunity (a problem) and pointing out to people how even an innocent comment may be hurtful because of the use of certain terms. All that does is create a more clear delineation between what is acceptable and what isn't, which is positive in that it helps define when there is or isn't intent to be racial/sexist/etc in other situations.

Stop.

• Like 2

I would say, in this context, the way Reaves took apart Foligno calling him an animal was supposed to be complimentary. Sure, using beast or something that would have a less loaded connotation would have been better but c'mon man.

I don't think Torts was being racist or intended to be. But I think our choices are either to tell black people to just forget about the history behind a word used hatefully or point it out when it is used in a way that may be hurtful, since that helps everyone. Ignoring it is not helpful. If people called Torts racist, that's a problem if it didn't appear to be intentional, but calling it a racial slur is accurate, even if it's unintentional. I have family members on my non-Jewish side who still use the word "Jew" in the context of to cheat someone. I know it's unintentional, but you can better believe they thank me every time I point out that they've said it because they're horrified they might say it around someone who might care and might not know them well enough that they have no ill intention

I don't think Torts was being racist or intended to be. But I think our choices are either to tell black people to just forget about the history behind a word used hatefully or point it out when it is used in a way that may be hurtful, since that helps everyone. Ignoring it is not helpful. If people called Torts racist, that's a problem if it didn't appear to be intentional, but calling it a racial slur is accurate, even if it's unintentional. I have family members on my non-Jewish side who still use the word "Jew" in the context of to cheat someone. I know it's unintentional, but you can better believe they thank me every time I point out that they've said it because they're horrified they might say it around someone who might care and might not know them well enough that they have no ill intention

yeah, I agree 100%. It's not about political correctness on a major scale, it's more about how words can hurt people without intention. I think the big one for me was using the word 'retard'. In younger years, I used it a lot. As I acquired friends with family members or children affected by different afflictions, I began to understand just how much pain that word caused them. And I felt a lot of shame for every having used it. But better for having been educated on how to improve my own use of words that are just wrong.

Yeah. Same for me. The R word was one I used a lot growing up. Same goes for any sort of gay slur. I remember playing a hockey game a few years ago and let one f-word drop in a battle with a guy and regretted it immediately. Make a conscious effort not to say those things anymore.