• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

you have gamecenter live?

whats the difference between that and the centre ice package for tv? Is it just a matter of GCL is online streaming?

GCL you can watch games on any device. Streaming.

Centre Ice in the States isn't as good as not all games are in HD.

GCL you can watch games on any device. Streaming.

Centre Ice in the States isn't as good as not all games are in HD.

You have GCL Serge?

Strange about the HD. I recall it was like that here too a couple of years ago, but now every game is on and all in HD.

I also noticed last night for some reason the Leafs game was on Centre Ice channel too, which usually doesnt happen if a game is on local tv

Yes I have GCL and I love it so far. The main reason I got it the games are on at times I'm not always home with GCL I can watch games anywhere. I'm not sure If Rogers has Centre Ice on mobile. But I don't have that luxury

I think the refs have stopped calling as many obvious penalties as they did in the first year after the lockout. Not entirely because players adjusted. The standard just slipped away.

If refs are instructed to be absurdly a strict on obstruction penalties, I think it will have two effects. In the short run, power plays will increase. In the long run, players adjust and power plays go down, but it should breed a more open, quick even strength game. As long as penalty standards remain the same.

Like, can anyone explain why a forward is allowed to be cross checked when he just happens to be in front of the net?

Sometimes they can't or choose to not get it right with video evidence.

Last night's AVS/Bruins game had the AVS challenge a goal where a Bruin was in the crease and actually moved back into the AVS goalie while the goalie was on the ice after making a block save which interferred with the goalie's movement to get up and block a shot from the point. The goalie interference was obvious and the entire reason the league implemented the coaches challenge. The refs do a great job for the most part but there's no way they should be involved with the review process.

"The Bruins dominated early and took a 1-0 lead on a goal from the left point by Chara 1:12 after the opening faceoff. The Avalanche challenged the call because of contact Bruins forward Matt Beleskey made with Berra, but the goal was upheld."

Here......try on my glasses.

I was trying to find the overhead angle so I could post the goal but my google skills suck.

Rule 69 includes the following language, "(1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal".

I don't see how that goal could be allowed with the benefit of replay and several angles. The rule is pretty straight forward.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gary-bettman-salary-revealed-sportsbusiness-9-6-million-nhl-commissioner/

National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman took in more than $9.6 million in salary and benefits during the NHL’s 2013-14 season, according to the league’s most recently released annual tax filing.

Well looks like some damage control , as he commented today..Someone must of asked him to comment again:

MALKIN: “IT’S NOT LIKE ME AND SID OR WHOEVER [ARE MAD AT EACH OTHER]. IT’S JUST THE GAME. WE DON’T LIKE HOW WE PLAY.” #PENS

I mean kudos to Geno, i commend for him saying something...People get frustrated and say stuff.

If that happend in Toronto though, fireworks...They would twist and turn every word.

I'll be honest, when PK81 got dealt to the Pens, I never realized how much more interesting it was going to make FCP. Its pretty much going to be a whole year of Serge vs Chris+Zach about the Pens, with Serge taking shots, Chris defending it all, Zach in for backup with the obligatory "you realize....., right?" full of sarcasm

did I just manage to offend all 3 of you?

it was in jest, so ha ha ha. :)

• Like 2

I'll be honest, when PK81 got dealt to the Pens, I never realized how much more interesting it was going to make FCP. Its pretty much going to be a whole year of Serge vs Chris+Zach about the Pens, with Serge taking shots, Chris defending it all, Zach in for backup with the obligatory "you realize....., right?" full of sarcasm

did I just manage to offend all 3 of you?

it was in jest, so ha ha ha. :)

well with Chris and Zach you arent allowed to make any comments about the Penguins..( let me correct that, I AM NOT allowed to comment about the Penguins) .Even though its like what everyone is talking about..I dont pull this shit out of thin air..

Im not taking shots, even though I love to see them fail for a variety of reasons...Main one being we hold their first round pick..

Isn't the pick protected?

Anyways, I didn't watch the interview because off ice drama bores me. Perhaps I misinterpreted the "scandal" based on what I read, but I see no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm certain the players are all frustrated and I think that's what he clarified. Everyone I've spoken to that knows anything about this team knows how tight everybody is, so it's not like they're all going to hate each other overnight.

They aren't very fun to watch right now though. This reminds me of 08/09 a bit. The team just sucked under Therrien. Not sure if the coach is the problem, but I'd replace him before I traded a forward away, unless it was the price to significantly shore up the defense, which is horrid at moving the puck.

Isn't the pick protected?

Anyways, I didn't watch the interview because off ice drama bores me. Perhaps I misinterpreted the "scandal" based on what I read, but I see no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm certain the players are all frustrated and I think that's what he clarified. Everyone I've spoken to that knows anything about this team knows how tight everybody is, so it's not like they're all going to hate each other overnight.

Unfortunately the pick is protected..If the Pens miss playoffs it goes to next year...Which I think is protected again..So technically I have to hope the Pens do bad, but not too bad...

Dont think its a scandal..I love seeing emotion from NHL players..