• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Also I doubt Sergei Gonchar is even remotely good.

===

Anyone having problems with NHL.com videos? Trying to get Pens/Canes highlights and it's choppy as shit. Completely unwatchable.

And I have no idea where else to go for highlights.

Ok guys, I'll do the honours.

Hey Serge, who were some of the worst players in plus/minus last year?????

I dont get what your point is..Kessel , JVR and Bozak were the worst in the NHL last year..or close to it...Due to the lack of Kessel's care of defence...

And it was a legitimate stat as that line probably was the worst I have ever watched..

Plus/minus is a useless stat.

But Serge literally JUST used it to belittle Kessel like yesterday. LOL.

My point is that its not a useless stat..

Whats your point, do you have a point..or you are pointless as usual..

I understand more about stats then you realize..Sure there are other stats that tell the story..But Kessel, Bozak,JVR were a liability EVERY shift last year...I know , because I watched it...Ironically it showed in the plus minus

Same standard has not been applied to Slava Voynov, Mike Richards etc... I think with the sensitivity inherent to a sexual assault case, and the victim blaming that inevitably happens when it involves a professional athlete, that the NHL should err strongly on the side of caution. Problem is, by suspending some and not others, or allowing teams to punish some and not others, the NHL is implicitly giving support to Patrick Kane, which is an absolute nightmare (and I don't mean from a PR standpoint) if he is guilty in ANY way.

Whenever something like this happens I pretend it's Milan Lucic when forming an opinion.

I'm not a Kane fan at all. He's a great hockey player, but he just seems like a privileged d-bag when he's not on the ice.

The Kings voided Mike Richards contract at the first hint of an investigation over an incident far more benign than what Kane is accused of. The NHL did not blink an eye. It sends the wrong message. The NHL needs to be consistent on these things in my opinion. Imagine for a second that the allegations are true. How horrible would it be for the victim to see this scumbag smiling and laughing at a press conference, and being allowed to continue to play a game and make millions of dollars a year. The potential damage is far worse than the damage done to Kane by having to sit out training camp and a few regular season games while the legal process takes place if he turns out to be 100% innocent.

The Kings decided to terminate Richards' contract because he failed to notify them of what happened. That's their claim, anyway, but we all know they didn't want to have to pay him.

The Kings will lose that argument imo.

This is different because right now it's only the alleged victim's word against Kane's. If they start suspending players based on accusations where do they draw the line? Anyone can accuse anyone of anything at anytime.

And how can you suspend him for just training camp and the preseason. If this isn't resolved until December do you suspend him until then? It most definitely sucks if he ends up being found guilty, but innocent until proven guilty is extremely important.

They were charged with a crime. Has Kane been charged yet? I don't think so.

Perhaps a controversial opinion, but I don't think any professional sports league or sports team should ever suspend a player for a crime (unless that crime directly indicates he broke other league rules, like he was buying HGH or busted for betting on sports). Criminal justice is a weird place where the guilty often pay undisclosed settlements, avoid court, and the whole process is settled in weeks, and the innocent are on trial for years, or there is an agreement as to certain facts which are very ugly, but for which the athlete may not be criminally liable.

It's all PR and the slippery slope should be avoided. My employer wouldn't suspend me for 6 weeks if I was arrested for domestic assault, or even if I was convicted.

Then again, I also don't think people should have the option not to testify, and especially not for an 'undisclosed settlement' (as an example, I don't know what happened in this case). Let's pretend Phil Kessel hunts down Serge and smacks him with a 9-iron. Phil Kessel is guilty. He should not be able to offer serge season tickets to agree not to testify. The point of criminal courts is not to defend the victims, but to find justice for society. We should protect the victims any way we can, but if a victim cannot substantiate their reasons not to testify (trauma or anything similar), they should be treated like any other witness, and compelled to do so. The idea that a victim can accuse someone, the police can find evidence for charges, then the accused just give the victim something and the court case goes away is absurd. At the absolute least, settlements should be a part of the public record, whether it is $20 or $20 million.

Agree about the Legal system stuff, disagree about whether pro sports leagues should be able to suspend guys for off field incidents.

Also, unless you are in a really strong union, your employer can absolutely suspend or fire you for out of work activities, including domestic abuse. Most contracts have a "behaviour detrimental to the company's image" language in there somewhere. People get fired all the time for their racist/sexist views expressed on social media or caught on video somewhere.

The ref seems to be getting a free ride here. Sure looks like an intentional shot. Article looks like they are just ignoring his involvement and only dealing with the kids. Kids deserve their suspensions but he does as well.