Random Hockey Observations

I love how everyone who chimes in has all the right picks. Bunch of Serges around here. :)

I had LA vs Boston.

Well, I made my pick after the playoff teams were set...no idea who I would have picked before the season started.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Ducks in 4

Wild in 5

Bolts in 4

Rangers in 5

Boring 2nd round

Nothing boring about Wild beating Chicago, 5gms or 7. Suddenly you have a whole bunch of new teams with a shot to win.

But now is when I really lose interest in hockey. I have next to 0 interest in WASH-NYR, and ANA-CGY will only get my interest if Calgary looks like they may win.

Minny I like for many reasons, and Tampa+Montreal I really enjoy.

Bet on TB and Minn just to try to get my interest going, lets see if it works.

Where is the love for NY?

Oh, well. Not much love on NY radio either. Had to wait 30 minutes for a hockey mention on the local radio. The NFL draft is in full over-exposure mode and they even talked about the Kentucky Derby before hockey was mentioned. :(

Where is the love for NY?

Oh, well. Not much love on NY radio either. Had to wait 30 minutes for a hockey mention on the local radio. The NFL draft is in full over-exposure mode and they even talked about the Kentucky Derby before hockey was mentioned. :(

fwiw the Rangers are the favourites to win the Cup currently.

We dont like Favourites here , sorry John..

BUT if the unwanted(from my camp) happens and the Rangers are facing the Habs next round...You are damn right Ill be cheering for you.

Currently we are favoured to have a La-New York Stanley Cup final..

Well sort of LA..But coast to coast...

and they even talked about the Kentucky Derby before hockey was mentioned. :(

lol.

as an aside, I dont recall the NFL draft being this big 10/15years ago. Seems like it has really exploded in the last decade to become a huge thing.

Ill actually be following tonight, just to see it confirmed that the Bucs, my fav team, are picking a guy I am going to have a really really hard time being a fan of.

The only talk yesterday afternoon on the only FM sports radio channel was Lions draft. Not game 7. Think I heard one tiny talk then when they went back to the phones people only wanted to talk about what the Lions will do in the THIRD ROUND!

Dubnyk a finalist for the Masterson Trophy...what a year!

I think he wins

Maybe. Letang coming off a STROKE is pretty big too, though.

Not to belittle the seriousness of Letang s health, I think if we look at the definition of the trophy:

Player who exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.

Dubnyk is a great example.

He had one foot out of hockey backing up in the AHL and has fought all the way to a Vezina finalist and a chance to win a cup

Chris, how similar are the store bought sticks to the ones the players use? I had an "Ovechkin" in my hands and the flex is just wicked. It was $300 so it's not like I'm gonna buy it, but I was just wondering. That wrist shot was insane!

The only talk yesterday afternoon on the only FM sports radio channel was Lions draft. Not game 7. Think I heard one tiny talk then when they went back to the phones people only wanted to talk about what the Lions will do in the THIRD ROUND!

On TSN radio now is their resident NFL Draft expert, Dion Caputi. (cousin of Luca Caputi, former Leaf)

Dion is the son of a good friend of mine, and that blows me away, because the kid grew up here in Toronto, and somehow at 25?24? has become such an expert in a field dominated by older Americans. He also writes for NFL Football Digest.

Chris, how similar are the store bought sticks to the ones the players use? I had an "Ovechkin" in my hands and the flex is just wicked. It was $300 so it's not like I'm gonna buy it, but I was just wondering. That wrist shot was insane!

They (at least last time I checked) aren't even made the same way. Different composite materials, more layers, etc. Pro sticks come with no warranty, and their own serial numbers. As far as being similar in look or feel, they may look the same but because of the different composite layers, they never feel the same. Everyone talks about how soft the flex is in Kessel's stick, but I have a pile (like seriously 30 or so!) of his sticks. They have a very soft kick point, but the rest of the stick is stiff. It's NOWHERE near the 75 Flex the idiot reporters are always mentioning.

Some of the guys who have played poker at my house have seen Ovi's game used stick that's here. The curve on that stick, especially the upturn on the toe, is absolutely insane. I've never seen a stick in the store with that actual curve on it. Most rec hockey players couldn't play with it.

• Like 1

They (at least last time I checked) aren't even made the same way. Different composite materials, more layers, etc. Pro sticks come with no warranty, and their own serial numbers. As far as being similar in look or feel, they may look the same but because of the different composite layers, they never feel the same. Everyone talks about how soft the flex is in Kessel's stick, but I have a pile (like seriously 30 or so!) of his sticks. They have a very soft kick point, but the rest of the stick is stiff. It's NOWHERE near the 75 Flex the idiot reporters are always mentioning.

Some of the guys who have played poker at my house have seen Ovi's game used stick that's here. The curve on that stick, especially the upturn on the toe, is absolutely insane. I've never seen a stick in the store with that actual curve on it. Most rec hockey players couldn't play with it.

Zach6668 could probably play with that stick.

Is it just me or is the IIHF Canadian team is more stacked than usual for this tourney?