• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

It would be very easy on an Ipad...We go to the random generating website..We can even videotape it to document the event..

I think it would be cool, and i am not even involved.

It would be very easy on an Ipad...We go to the random generating website..We can even videotape it to document the event..

I think it would be cool, and i am not even involved.

The keeper pool I run has a nice tradition going where we get together every year on the night of the NHL draft. (last Fri in June?)

We get together at one of the guys house who has a great backyard (Frank, you met him Serge at the pools) and we do a bbq, watch the draft/trades and then we hold our draft lottery. Pretty much exactly as you put it, bring out the IPAD and do random.org. Then a great game of poker sitting outside and smoking cigars and sipping cognac. Oh, and we spend the whole night outside, he brings his TV outside so we can eat+watch the draft on the patio. Frank hosts the right way!

This year though i might do the 100 pieces of paper and a hat! (we used to do a pack of cards, all your odds were out of 52. lol)

• Like 1

It's #TBT and here's current @mnwild goaltender Devan Dubnyk from his first AHL win with the Pens - Feb. 3, 2007

CBC1awOWYAAvvRN.jpg

Didn't realize that Devan played for the baby pens. (Though it was only 4 games)

I guess the Oilers didn't have an AHL team in 06/07 and had some deal with the baby pens.

https://twitter.com/...163823601725440

It's #TBT and here's current @mnwild goaltender Devan Dubnyk from his first AHL win with the Pens - Feb. 3, 2007

CBC1awOWYAAvvRN.jpg

Didn't realize that Devan played for the baby pens. (Though it was only 4 games)

I guess the Oilers didn't have an AHL team in 06/07 and had some deal with the baby pens.

It's crazy that he's slightly bent at the waist, and on his knees, and he is bigger than the net.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mike-weber-expresses-frustration-after-sabres-fans-cheer-loss-to-coyotes-video-030414832.html

On one hand, I feel for Mike Weber, yet at the same time, I say screw you, you should be playing better and welcome to the business of sports.

Sometimes I feel like these guys expect so much loyalty from fans, when they would leave in a second if they had UFA status and someone else came calling.

http://sports.yahoo....-030414832.html

On one hand, I feel for Mike Weber, yet at the same time, I say screw you, you should be playing better and welcome to the business of sports.

Sometimes I feel like these guys expect so much loyalty from fans, when they would leave in a second if they had UFA status and someone else came calling.

suck it up..You are making $1.5 million a year...If you cant handle it, go try to get a real job and make $50000 a year..

I disagree. If a guy is giving 100% on and off the ice, he should feel extremely dissapointed in the fans cheering on goals from the opponent no matter what the motivation

suck it up..You are making $1.5 million a year...If you cant handle it, go try to get a real job and make $50000 a year..

shocking

CBHeZ92WoAAOmq1.jpg

I'm just going to repost something I said on FB on the subject, rather than try to rehash my own thoughts about it.

I'm as pro-tank as they come, but even I wasn't able to openly root against the Sabres when I went to a game last month. It's just not in me. Now at home...sitting on the couch...with Matt Hackett writhing in pain on the ice...I had absolutely no problem screaming right out loud about Sam Gagner missing the wide open net. I had no problem calling Shane Doan a worthless hack when he basically got the primary assist on Gionta's tying goal. I had no problem fist-pumping when the Coyotes finished us off in OT. It's been two years of misery while this team rebuilds a contender...I'm not going to apologize for seeing these last 8 games of the tank as absolutely must-lose to put a giant cherry on top of the prospect pool. I'm not cheering against the 2014-2015 Sabres, I'm cheering for the 2015-2016 Sabres and beyond. I don't want to look back on the last two weeks of this season years from now when McDavid and Eichel are trading Hart Trophies back and forth and think about what could have been. Losing out on 30th place at this point would be a tragedy of Wide-Right proportions.

• Like 2

One thing people don't get sometimes. The tanking is an organizational thing. Gm makes moves. But no player wants to tank and they shouldn't.

The Buffalo situation is different than Toronto. The players are playing and giving their 100 percent. Not so much here.

My previous comment to McKee I take back in hindsight. Don't come to a game if you aren't going to cheer for your team.

I really like what Adam said above. I think I would be the same. I dont think I have the "nerve" to openly root against my team in front of others, or boo my team (or anyone).

But at home on my couch, I pretty much cringe with every Carolina win, goal, positive play. I want them to "2015 Toronto Maple Leafs" the crap out of these last few weeks. As horrendous as it might be to watch a Leafs game, I kind of envy their fans. every day they get closer to a shot at a franchise player. You can't over estimate the worth of a McDavid.

Its good to see the fall of the Senators...Small miracles in this long season to see them fail in their challenge for the playoffs.

Lets hope they get buried, and mathematically eliminated..

Its good to see the fall of the Senators...Small miracles in this long season to see them fail in their challenge for the playoffs.

Lets hope they get buried, and mathematically eliminated..

I'd like them to have an improbable playoff run for their GM

I'd like them to have an improbable playoff run for their GM

I do like him, and wish him all the best..

Congrats to Ovy on another 50.

I think 50 these days is like scoring 70 in the 80s