Random Hockey Observations

If David Stern was the NHL commish the chances of the Leafs winning the lottery would be a lot closer to 100%

Well we all believe Bettman did it once to save the Penguins franchise...We also believe Bettman had a hand in the Fraser , Gretzky no call that cost us a Stanley Cup..

Doesnt he owe us one.??

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

If Kerry Fraser hadnt cheated back in 1993, the Montreal Canadiens would be staring right at 38 years without winning a cup , right in the face.

I really enjoyed the fantasy draft.

Kessel is Toews first pick and later traded for Seguin.

Even I enjoyed that and was hilarious.

Go team Foligno.

Line of the night:

Toews : " We picked you Phil , because you are very coach able"

But then he goes and trades him. Lol

I think last nights event showed that players like Ovy and Kane are great personalities and a great way to promote our game.

Then your so called best player stiffs the festivities again. Not the first time.

This weekend is for the fans and by weaselling out, he is saying screw you fans. Yet again.

Crosby has done this before.

I'm sure most of those guys would rather hit a beach somewhere and relax with their families for a few days. But they choose not to.

Ya the love boys will argue he is injured, bullshit. You played 23 minutes the last game. Every NHL player at this stage is banged up and a few days off woukd be more than welcomed.

Unless you missed the previous game , you shouldn't be allowed to play in the next game after break.

Or show up to the event and participate. Stuff like this irks me to no end. Kids look up to this guy, he is a piece of shit

I'm old and dumb but didn't the league threaten a few players a few yrs ago for not wanting to participate

Yeah, Lidstrom said he just wanted to take the down time and he wasn't hurt so he skipped the game. The team and the player were fined, and the NHL put in a rule that you MUST attend.

All Star games are dumb in all sports. They used to be special before TV allowed us to see all these players anytime we want. With that gone all we get is a basterdized version of the game. Hockey's isn't the worst of the major sports but it's not good.

Crosby's injured enough to get an injection to help with an injury he's been dealing with for a couple weeks. I don't remember the details of each year missing but this was the closest one to being a controversy. I'd be completely fine with no penguins participating. Anyone remember a goalie being interviewed during play and pulled a groin or something? Cam Ward maybe? Stay safe Flower.

Don't even get me started on the fans voting.

All Star games are dumb in all sports. They used to be special before TV allowed us to see all these players anytime we want. With that gone all we get is a basterdized version of the game. Hockey's isn't the worst of the major sports but it's not good.

Crosby's injured enough to get an injection to help with an injury he's been dealing with for a couple weeks. I don't remember the details of each year missing but this was the closest one to being a controversy. I'd be completely fine with no penguins participating. Anyone remember a goalie being interviewed during play and pulled a groin or something? Cam Ward maybe? Stay safe Flower.

Don't even get me started on the fans voting.

I respect your views and it makes some sense. However the all star game is promoting the game and it's stars. I sat and watched the draft last night and will watch the skills tonight with my son. You want all your stars there , especially your best player. My son is now getting to an age where he knows all the players and starts appreciating them. He really likes Crosby.

I know injuries happen , but Crosby needs to be at this event. Not just for you who sees him all the time. But for the casual fans. The kids.

Just my opinion.

I respect your views and it makes some sense. However the all star game is promoting the game and it's stars. I sat and watched the draft last night and will watch the skills tonight with my son. You want all your stars there , especially your best player. My son is now getting to an age where he knows all the players and starts appreciating them. He really likes Crosby.

I know injuries happen , but Crosby needs to be at this event. Not just for you who sees him all the time. But for the casual fans. The kids.

Just my opinion.

I rather be Jarrett Stoll sitting in a hottub with Erin Andrews during all star break

• Like 1

In general i agree with you, but there is something to be said for promoting the game and showing your personality ala ovechkin every year, or Toews this year. Especially for a guy that is perceived to have not much personality (fair or not)

Even just showing up for the festivities, fantasy draft, skills comp etc.. He could always sit out the game itself, or just float/take it super easy.

In a vacuum, I support his decision, but when you consider, as Serge said, that he's been the best player I the NHL for almost 10 years now and he has only been at 1 Allstar game, it's a bad trend, IMO.

Bet Team Foligno today with all your money.

It's a lock. Too much firepower.

Toews has better D. Which means nothing.

better question is which team is more hung over

• Like 1

Good thing I bet the over. Fleury blowing it for us.

:)