Random Hockey Observations

After 10 and half years after the incident the Moore/Bertuzzi case has been settled out of court..

I have nothing to add other than Bertuzzi is a flucking cnt.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Whats with this expansion report..Reputable source saying league will expand to 4 cities including Toronto.

League denying it

Whats with this expansion report..Reputable source saying league will expand to 4 cities including Toronto.

League denying it

Move 2 teams from the East to the West who are losing a lot of money and add 2 expansion teams bringing the league up to 32 teams is my bet.

League denying it

Imagine watching the Leafs in Vegas.

I bet we see LV and Seattle, plus Florida finds a way out of their lease to move to Quebc City. Toronto has to wait for another east team to fail. Florida's lease is until 2028, fwiw.

34 teams is so dumb that the nhl could possibly do it. 32 obv the sweet spot.

Imagine watching the Leafs in Vegas.

Imagine watching any real game in Vegas?

Its so cool idea...

I bet we see LV and Seattle, plus Florida finds a way out of their lease to move to Quebc City. Toronto has to wait for another east team to fail. Florida's lease is until 2028, fwiw.

34 teams is so dumb that the nhl could possibly do it. 32 obv the sweet spot.

Guys like Colton Orr will be happy...

Bettman is greedy..Expanding the league by 4 teams makes no sense, he just wants the franchise fee obviously.

the talent pool will be so watered down....

There's enough to do 32. Think of how many teams have those guys on the farm that are "ready" but need a break or injury or whatever. The top end talent is watered down, sure, but there's average talent to go around. Colton Orr is still not an nhler.

Everything is going to turn around in a big hurry for the Islanders once Wang and Snow are out of the picture. Move to Brooklyn, new owner, competent mgmt, it will make a tremendous difference.

trying to think what cap ramifications this would have...If they get all that expansion money, there will be more HRR, but how will the bottom teams spend?

You will have guys like Grabovski being overpaid..NHLPA should be happy, the NHL is happy obviously, I am not sure how it affects fans of teams like ours...

I guess its a good thing

Everything is going to turn around in a big hurry for the Islanders once Wang and Snow are out of the picture. Move to Brooklyn, new owner, competent mgmt, it will make a tremendous difference.

howdy stranger

• Like 1

And as usually, nobody cares about the floor so stop worrying about it.

Grabovski isn't overpaid, lots of people at his level are underpaid.

Its your opinion..Grabovski signed that contract because the Islanders have to get to floor..Its a real issue, I know you dont agree...But look at the numbers.

And as usual, nobody cares about the floor so stop worrying about it.

Grabovski isn't overpaid, lots of people at his level are underpaid.

The floor is more important for the overall economic health of the league than the cap is

From my calculation, Grabovski is making $5.5 from the Islanders, plus roughly $1.8 from the Leafs..

Thats $7.3 million this year, for a guy that will score 15 goals, miss 20-25 games for toe injuries

The floor is more important for the overall economic health of the league than the cap is

I agree that it's important, but my point is that Serge typically hyperbolizes it's effect.

I agree that it's important, but my point is that Serge typically hyperbolizes it's effect.

You use hyberbole a lot...It doesnt improve your argument..The floor is a true market force that has increased salaries for certain players

His buyout salary is completely irrelevant to his market value.

I was just stating a fact regarding Grabo..His $5 million salary is way too high...Only a team like the Islanders, Florida or Calgary will give him that money, because they have to spend it...If there is no floor Grabo doesnt get $5 mill IMO..