• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Colorado was offside just prior to the tying goal.

It was close.

When's the last time you saw a player get called for unsportsmanlike conduct for snowing the goalie in the regular season? Same question but in the playoffs?

There were other non calls against the AVS in this game that were potential game changers so I guess it evens out.

Has Patrick explained his reasoning for the empty net with 2 or 3 mins left? Seems to be working as strategy, maybe something he's learned with all the playing years.

It was close.

When's the last time you saw a player get called for unsportsmanlike conduct for snowing the goalie in the regular season? Same question but in the playoffs?

There were other non calls against the AVS in this game that were potential game changers so I guess it evens out.

the refs were NBA quality at the end of the game. Just a lot of horrible calls both ways.

Roy is fine being unconventional so I don't know why he hasn't instructed the players to skate back and get a stick from the bench when a player losses a stick in the AVS zone.

Has Patrick explained his reasoning for the empty net with 2 or 3 mins left? Seems to be working as strategy, maybe something he's learned with all the playing years.

Not really anything beyond a standard response you would expect.

the refs were NBA quality at the end of the game. Just a lot of horrible calls both ways.

Agreed.

I dunno about the regular season but Nick Foligno got one in game 3 of Pens/CBJ

Don't know if Roy is actually aware of this, but there has been some work done (by Tyler Dellow, I think) where they determined the optimal time to pull your goalie and figured out that basically every nhl coach was too conservative with it. Everyone would have a better chance of winning with an earlier pull.

Colorado was offside just prior to the tying goal.

Yes it was offside but it was close.

What is 10 times worse is the NON call when Minny had a gimme chance for an empty net and the Col player held the Minny player. I am to lazy to look up who the players where

Don't know if Roy is actually aware of this, but there has been some work done (by Tyler Dellow, I think) where they determined the optimal time to pull your goalie and figured out that basically every nhl coach was too conservative with it. Everyone would have a better chance of winning with an earlier pull.

Most teams pull there goalie around the 90 second mark. Ask yourself this? How many times do you see a team down 1 who score during the 2 or so minutes prior to pulling there goalie? Not many. Another thing, when you have a team down 1 and they get a PP with say 4 minutes left, I really think a goalie should be pulled. That PP is your chance. Go for it. But you rarely see it

I didn't know this.

If they don't call it in the regular season then they should NEVER call it in the playoffs.

I only watch avalanche games....every single one of em, and I don't think I've ever seen this called. It's possible I'm just forgetting since it would have been in an insignificant moment.

Homer goggles says the ice Landeskog shaved into the air went over Kuemper's shoulder and didn't hit him in the face.

It's not particularly frequent. Players don't snow goalies all that often. It happens and gets called though. It's usually some plug skating really hard towards the goalie like 5 seconds after the whistle and so clearly doing it to snow him.

It's not particularly frequent. Players don't snow goalies all that often. It happens and gets called though. It's usually some plug skating really hard towards the goalie like 5 seconds after the whistle and so clearly doing it to snow him.

Quite often too it's the result of a ref warning both teams. That's why sometimes the one extra face wash gets called. Because the ref has told the players clearly 'next one who does that is going'. That's why I like US broadcasts for that one single reason: their camera over the glass behind the net is live miked. You get to hear everything..... :)

Nick Foligno gets goaltending interference penalties just skating across the blue line. Maybe the refs are on edge because he goes to the net so hard but he gets called on a lot of stuff other players get away with.

The Blues are the new Sharks. Well, Unless the Sharks manage to blow this series against the Kings, in which case the Sharks are still the Sharks, or something. What I'm trying to say is I'm going to stop picking the Blues to win the cup every year.

The Blues are the new Sharks. Well, Unless the Sharks manage to blow this series against the Kings, in which case the Sharks are still the Sharks, or something. What I'm trying to say is I'm going to stop picking the Blues to win the cup every year.

I wonder if this is Hitchcock related. I don't have stats (Zach?) but it seems to me that Hitchcock teams struggle in the playoffs. I've thought before that Hitchcock teaches his teams to play playoff style hockey all season, and that leaves them unable to crank it up a gear for the playoffs?

I think the Sharks are going to blow this. They were talking on the radio the other day after game 4 that LA had too much pride to be swept....and I started to think about all the times SJ has blown it, and thought....ya, its gonna be the final nail in the coffin for this team, and they are going to lose 4 straight to LA.

been looking for a LA to win series bet on bet365 since then, and havent found it.