Random Hockey Observations

Assuming Stamkos broke both his tibia and fibula...

Recovery time for such an injury is usually 3-6 months. We're a little less than 3 months away from the Olympics. Does this kill his chances?

I would think so. This sucks.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

What are you guys talking about? I didnt hear anything, he just broke his leg?

Thats awful, I just noticed today he was leading the NHL in scoring.

My guess is Stamkos broke his leg when he was backchecking Dougie Hamilton.

Sucks to see a great player go down, especially an ironman like Stamkos.

When this happened to Chris Kelly the IR time was quoted as around 6 weeks, so all may not be lost for his season and his Olympics.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6h

"@GeorgeRichards: FLA trades Kris Versteeg/Phillipe Lefebvre for Jimmy Hayes/Dylan Olsen from CHI."/FLA retains half of Versteeg $.

FLA's retention of half of Versteeg's salary is not just for this season, it's for the balance of Versteeg's contract.

Versteeg earns $4.6M with cap hit of $4.4M this season. Two more yrs after that, earning $4.7M with $4.4M cap hit. So FLA retains 50% of it.

And, yes, to those asking, Versteeg's cap hit is also split between the two teams.

I know who Hayes and Olsen are, definitely viable NHL prospects and Hayes was spending time with the big club before Andrew Shaw really emerged. Both guys that Dale Tallon drafted, if I'm not mistaken.

They're also not the guys I'd pick first from Chicago's farm pool either, definitely C-level talents overall, so the trade at the end of the day is a salary dump for Florida. First of many I'm sure...I'm really hoping to see Shawn Matthias end up somewhere good.

I know who Hayes and Olsen are, definitely viable NHL prospects and Hayes was spending time with the big club before Andrew Shaw really emerged. Both guys that Dale Tallon drafted, if I'm not mistaken.

They're also not the guys I'd pick first from Chicago's farm pool either, definitely C-level talents overall, so the trade at the end of the day is a salary dump for Florida. First of many I'm sure...I'm really hoping to see Shawn Matthias end up somewhere good.

I drafted Matthias, ages ago..I was really high on that kid...The Leafs have no centres now..Literally..Like none, nada...Might be a good fit.

Toronto boy too..

Yes but him and Z-bad seem to be Mac's whipping boys.

Will Zorro(my new nick name for the Z man) stay up for the whole year? I know he isnt getting top line minutes.

Will Zorro(my new nick name for the Z man) stay up for the whole year? I know he isnt getting top line minutes.

Dunno, I haven't watched a whole lot of hockey this year but last game when they were smoked by Philly

5-5 combos:

#1 30.2% GREENING,COLIN - NEIL,CHRISTOPHER - SMITH,ZACK

#2 22.9% MACARTHUR,CLARKE - RYAN,BOBBY - TURRIS,KYLE

#3 20% CONACHER,CORY - MICHALEK,MILAN - SPEZZA,JASON

#4 9.4% GRANT,DEREK - KASSIAN,MATT - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA

Last game PP combos:

#1 50% CONACHER,CORY - SMITH,ZACK - ZIBANEJAD,MIKA

#2 37.5% MACARTHUR,CLARKE - RYAN,BOBBY - SPEZZA,JASON - TURRIS,KYLE

#3 12.5% GRANT,DEREK - MACARTHUR,CLARKE

I think other than the Ryan/Turris/MacArthur line, which is clicking quite well, the coach is grasping at straws. It really doesn't help that Michalek (6 million) isn't playing all that well. Zibanejad did stay on the ice a good while after the last practice talking to the coach (getting tips) so hopefully that help him.

edit: looks like he might be stratched tonight. Why him and not pylon like Kassian I have no clue.

ps: Z-bad is his own nickname

8849505.jpg