Random Hockey Observations

Is it really that much less likely than Chicago getting Toews and Kane, Pittsburgh getting Crosby and Malkin, or Edmonton getting Hall and RNH and Yakupov?

Buffalo is the consensus bottom team in the league right now according to absolutely everyone, and they're not going to be a lot better next year, so it makes sense to make that kind of projection.

I confess to never having seen Reinhart play a single minute of hockey at any level, so I'm just going with what the ISS says about him right now. He has prototype size and his stats look good, so that makes me happy. I think it helps that I'm obsessed with fantasy hockey, so the process of acquiring futures and watching them grow into something positive fascinates me...and I'm really enjoying watching that process in real life.

I would be interested to know what the average Sabres fans think..I would think you arent the average and lot more knowledgeable than the average person who follows the Sabres.

The strategy you propose might be the best thing to do long term, but is it going to alienate most of the fanbase? A lot of casual fans dont see the future, dont know who Connor McDavid or what he can bring...With a lottery in place there is no guarantees...

The Panthers, Devils, Oilers and i think eventually the Flames will give you a run for those players.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

The average Sabres fans are the ones screaming "WE'RE LOSING!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!!" on Bulldog and Schopp every day.

Fanbases don't get permanently alienated...at the end of the day we're all just cheering for laundry. Put a winning product on the ice and butts will be in the seats to watch them.

What do you think of Darcy Regier’s rebuild so far?

Linked article has details of all his rebuilding trades.

Here's the summary.

All told…

TO BUFFALO

Zemgus Girgensons, Cody Hodgson, Alexander Sulzer, Jamie McBai, J.T. Compher, Johan Larsson, Matt Hackett, Nikita Zadorov, 2014 second rounder, Steve Ott, Adam Pardy, Justin Bailey, Anthony Florentino, 2014 second-rounder, 2015 second-rounder, Henrik Tallinder, Cal Petersen, Matt Moulson, 2014 first round pick, 2015 second round pick

OUT OF BUFFALO

Paul Gaustad, Felix Girard, Mark Jankowski, Patrick Sieloff, Zack Kassian, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Andrej Sekera, Jason Pominville, Derek Roy, Jordan Leopold, Robyn Regehr, Riley Boychuk, T.J. Brennan, Thomas Vanek.

What do you think of Darcy Regier’s rebuild so far?

Linked article has details of all his rebuilding trades.

Here's the summary.

All told…

TO BUFFALO

Zemgus Girgensons, Cody Hodgson, Alexander Sulzer, Jamie McBai, J.T. Compher, Johan Larsson, Matt Hackett, Nikita Zadorov, 2014 second rounder, Steve Ott, Adam Pardy, Justin Bailey, Anthony Florentino, 2014 second-rounder, 2015 second-rounder, Henrik Tallinder, Cal Petersen, Matt Moulson, 2014 first round pick, 2015 second round pick

OUT OF BUFFALO

Paul Gaustad, Felix Girard, Mark Jankowski, Patrick Sieloff, Zack Kassian, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Andrej Sekera, Jason Pominville, Derek Roy, Jordan Leopold, Robyn Regehr, Riley Boychuk, T.J. Brennan, Thomas Vanek.

I don't know. I don't see any super stars there. Any can't miss franchise cornerstones. Sure there are good players. But there is work to do.

The draft picks that are coming might be these cornerstones. It's hard. It's a long process.

2003-2004 was the first year the NHL switched to wearing Dark jerseys at home.

While its been 10 years, this still confuses me and I still havent gotten used to it.

To confuse things our kids hockey leagues HOME team means white...I believe its an NHL only thing?

No matter which side of the fence you are on, that is a great piece written by a great hockey mind.

Well done Burkie

Well said Serge.

He is in my opinion one of the smartest men in hockey, and frankly, he never ceases to amaze me with how articulate and well spoken he can be as well.

I hate fighting, but if anyone can change my mind, its him.

I still wish it didnt exist, but I cant dispute a lot of what he said in that article.

Downie back to the Flyers. Max Talbot to the Avs.

Sure am glad FCHL doesnt charge per transaction, cause I only picked up Downie because he was playing 1st line with Duch, and I needed a Fwd on Friday. :)

Drop coming!

what's with Downie? I always think he's in a great spot, really playing well.....and then boom, gets dealt for nothing.

With Phi#1, he was really coming into his own, and then off to Tampa. With Tampa he started playing with Stamkos+St.Louis, and he started racking up pts, and then bam, off to Colorado.

The other night Im watching the Col game, and he fit in so well with the #1 line, I started to wonder about picking him up in pools. (hence FCHL)

Now, hes gone.

Well said Serge.

He is in my opinion one of the smartest men in hockey, and frankly, he never ceases to amaze me with how articulate and well spoken he can be as well.

I hate fighting, but if anyone can change my mind, its him.

I still wish it didnt exist, but I cant dispute a lot of what he said in that article.

The arguments he makes, even if you hate fighting are so well articulated that he makes you think...Don Cherry can make the same argument and he looks like a clown , justifiably.

After every Leaf win I am still amazed how this man was fired..