Random Hockey Observations

http://www.cbssports...y-championships

As disgusted as I am by the antics of this idiot, Im not at all suprised that its from the Canadian team. Consider me ashamed.

Also, the actions of the fans along the glass is equally, if not even more disgusting.

First one of you that comes back with the "But the Czech guy was taunting" excuse loses my respect for at least 15days.

Pretty gross. What were all the other teammates doing? Seems like that went on for too long without anybody else jumping in to help out.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

As disgusted as I am by the antics of this idiot, Im not at all suprised that its from the Canadian team. Consider me ashamed.

Also, the actions of the fans along the glass is equally, if not even more disgusting.

First one of you that comes back with the "But the Czech guy was taunting" excuse loses my respect for at least 15days.

Hopefully he ends up with a battery conviction, idiot deserves to see a court room.

My first thought was what a smart move by the goalie. My second thought was how he'd probably get tossed for being third man in if it was the NHL.

Thought the name sounded familiar - see he was on the Mooseheads for a few years. He was not popular.

My first thought was what a smart move by the goalie. My second thought was how he'd probably get tossed for being third man in if it was the NHL.

Seriously, hero move there from the goalie. I was also wondering where the hell the teammates were, with 5 white sweaters gathered and no red ones.

it was, I did fall asleep half way through the 2nd OT however

I had to shut the TV off after regulation...couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Glad I did...I would have never made it through two hours of OT.

It's a Shane the NHL can't get it's act together and run their league at the same level as other sports. The NBA playoffs are a complete farce compared to the NHL. NBA players dont bring any intensity into the playoffs compared to the NHL. Shane really that the players don't get as much attention for their ridic amount of drive they show night in and night out.

what exactly is the nhl supposed to do to get their act together?

how do they force stubborn, inward looking americans to open their eyes to what we think is the most exciting sport? the people the NHL would need to target to grow the game aren't exactly the progressive, open to new thing types.

they try to get teams in new markets, and people rip them after 5 years if they're not selling out. it's ridiculous. they aren't going to beat football overnight, they have a long term growth strategy, and it's clearly working, but it's not instant.

I have no understanding for the immense following football has. I'll watch a game every now and then but people are insane for that sport and it moves SO.SLOW.

Run the ball...wait a minute. Run the ball...wait a minute. Throw a pass that doesn't get caught...wait a minute. Kick.

Repeat. Ad nauseum.

Well, when you describe only the worst parts of the game, of course it sounds boring.

Skate around...dump it in the corner...kick at it...skate around...0-0...intermission.

(Note: I'm not a big football fan either.)

It seems like it really took off with television technological advancements. You can watch multiple replays of every play; you can watch multiple games at a time. It's just a very TV friendly sport.

It seems like it really took off with television technological advancements. You can watch multiple replays of every play; you can watch multiple games at a time. It's just a very TV friendly sport.

You can do all of that with hockey as well.

I admit that I'm just not into football anymore so that's where my post is obviously coming from.

what exactly is the nhl supposed to do to get their act together?

how do they force stubborn, inward looking americans to open their eyes to what we think is the most exciting sport? the people the NHL would need to target to grow the game aren't exactly the progressive, open to new thing types.

Stop striking every other year might be a good start. Hockey was doing fine here in idiotville until the strike before the last two.

Baseball dropped in viewership after their strike. Took quite awhile to get back to where it is today. Luckily for them they didn't keep striking.

A lot of my friends that used to watch hockey don't because they find the "league" to be a two bit joke of a league. Whether that is the case is irrelevant. If that's the perception then that is well how they are...perceived.

You know maybe losing out on ESPN didn't help the league especially when you put it on a channel large quantities of people do not get. There are basic cable packages here that don't offer whatever that channel is today. That isn't the Americans fault.

There is no chance the NHL will ever even come close to competing with the NFL..Lot of various reasons...Mainly that each game is an event..

The gambling aspect is probably a major factor as well...Its not just the hard core gamblers, but everyone participates in an office pool and whatever..

You guys can commend the strides that the NHL has made, but they have also made numerous mistakes...How many times do the Phoenix Coyotes have to be sold to people not coming up with the money until the idiots realize hockey in Arizona is just not happening.

Also the grassroots of both sports is a key....I did a quick google search and its very fascinating that in Canada there are roughly 500000 registered minor hockey players...In the US the number is almost identical at 500000...10 times the population with the same numbers...Obviously huge percentage of those numbers are from traditional hockey places like Michigan, Minnesota, New York etc.

I also found that 7.5 million kids play high school football..

Bruins blow a 2 goal lead in third, lose in triple OT..

Hmm...nope not quite enough of a sting...Need more of that.

GO HAWKS

I also found that 7.5 million kids play high school football..

That's the total number of boys and girls participating in all high school sports, not just football. At least, according to the NFHS number I found.