Random Hockey Observations

Rules are rules. It's a playoff game, and they were out past curfew. Does that really suggest they're motivated to play? Good for the team for having morals.
There are other methods and times to teach lessons. Any punishment should try to minimize the impact on the innocent. They wouldn't be benched if they weren't sucking!Oh hi, Chris Stewart.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

They wouldn't be benched if they weren't sucking!
Pat Riley said during their championship run in 2006 that Dwyane Wade could punch him in the face and he'd still start him.
Pat Riley said during their championship run in 2006 that Dwyane Wade could punch him in the face and he'd still start him.
LOL

Yeah, I'm Team Nashville on this one, they're doing the right thing and I'd bet the farm on the Predators winning tomorrow night anyway.

There are other methods and times to teach lessons. Any punishment should try to minimize the impact on the innocent. They wouldn't be benched if they weren't sucking!Oh hi, Chris Stewart.
I agree the timing isn't ideal, and I might agree with the second part as well. I think they would be benched, sucking or not, but the fact that they would break curfew WHILE putting in questionable efforts on the ice made it a prettay easy decision.

Its not very often a major trade helps both teams immensely..But it looks like the Flyers / Kings trade has been a good one for both teams.While the Kings struggled near the end of the year, they have found their game and are a legitimate cup contender at this point.The Flyers also have improved their team with the overhaul of Carter and Richards. Also the Flyers may be suffering a bit of a letdown after the pretty intense Penguin series..Lets not forget that the Flyers are missing one of the best defenseman of all time from their lineup.Dont count them out yet...Flyers and Kings in the finals.

I don't know what's, better - that DGB wrote something at Grantland, or the content:Worst rule in hockey.I have no doubt the game would instantly be better if they implemented exactly what he suggests.The second best thing might be that the resident hockey writer, Katie Baker, decided it was apparently too easy to be a female hockey writer, so her article this week (and maybe other weeks, I don't know, she has a scoring system and everything) is rating the wedding announcements in the New York Times.

"If that's embellishment it's the best acting job to come out of Los Angeles in years." - Keith Jones re: Mike Smith slash on Dustin BrownBwahahahahahaha!Jonesey is turning into one of my favorite hockey pundits.

Was having lunch at a Quiznos in Scarborough yesterday. Mccowan and Finch..Having lunch next to us was the goalie of the Columbus Blue Jackets Steve Mason

I'm not fond of Ilya Kovalchuk's game.
Dale, its been more than 5 years. Have you changed your mind yet?I think NJ has made a player of Kovy. He looks different then the guy I didnt like so much in Atlanta.

Oh for sure!I think this thread has inspired him.He's been much more involved and not a perimeter player any more.

I've become a big Kovy fan over the last year or two. Probably has something to do with him somehow being soooo underrated. He's a beast everywhere. Probably the top winger in the game.

General question:How much do you think Jason Garrison signs for? Some are talking about him signing for $4 million+ per season. He was paid $675,000 last season.

Realistically, $4M+ for one good season where he just dominated the start then trailed off drastically (statistically) is overpayment. Having said that, he's UFA, and it's going to happen, probably. Ideally, from a GM POV, he'd get a short term 1-2 year deal for say $2.5 or something and be forced to prove that he's worth the big money.I mean, he's turning 28 in November, and was never a point producer in college (although his numbers are respectable), and only had mildly good point-producing seasons in his AHL stints.I don't know, I guess I wouldn't be surprised with a 5-year, $20 million deal in this era. Tough to say. I imagine someone will be blinded by the booming shot and give him what he wants.

Having said that, he's UFA, and it's going to happen, probably. Ideally, from a GM POV, he'd get a short term 1-2 year deal for say $2.5 or something and be forced to prove that he's worth the big money.
This is exactly what I think he'll get. Except from Jeffstrat, he'll give him a five year deal since he only has to pay him Curtis Jackson.