Random Hockey Observations

I loved watching Stastny-Goulet as a kid.When they had all 3 Stastny brothers playing together on one line, I thought it was the coolest thing. Add in Sakic, Nolan, Sundin....Wendel!.....whats not to love? Quebec got jibbed out of a Cup, they went through all the rebuilding years just to see the Avalanche win it.And I always cheered for the Nordiques vs the Habs. No hate for the Habs, just love the underdog.
How cool was it to see Guy Lafleur flying down the wing in a Nordiques jersey.IMO the Nordiques did win the cup...but just in a different city.Good times those Adams division days.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Montreal vs Quebec playoff games were insane.
Oh yeah, as a kid I remember those games. They were amazing. I actually hoped that Quebec would get a team before Winnipeg.
[like]
Starting to get a little suspicious that the Leafs seem to be so popular in these votes. While its certainly not the worst thing to be on a list with the Sedins, Kane, Kovalchuk etc. I cant say I have ever have been watching a Leafs game and thought to myself Kessel is letting intimidation affect his play....especially to a point where he got double the votes of any other player.

Surprised Kovy is on there. He's 6'2" and like 230... doubt he's been intimidated in the NHL in a long time.Agree about Kessel, haven't seen him back down at all this season. He's not physical or "tough", per se, but he certainly hasn't been running and hiding when guys try to target him, as I assume they've been doing all season.

Starting to get a little suspicious that the Leafs seem to be so popular in these votes. While its certainly not the worst thing to be on a list with the Sedins, Kane, Kovalchuk etc. I cant say I have ever have been watching a Leafs game and thought to myself Kessel is letting intimidation affect his play....especially to a point where he got double the votes of any other player.
It's just as likely has the entire league is Biatching the Leafs/BB.

One word for all this polls:JealousyNHL players are jealous of the Leafs...Scott "im the biggest douchebag from here to Kalamazoo" Hartnell is a great example.No one recognizes me so I have to grow my hair like a clown..Meanwhile Kessel and Phaneuf cant walk 5 feet in Toronto without getting mobbed.

I would really like to see the East playoffs shake out pretty much exactly how the standings are right now.I want Ottawa and Toronto both to make it.The only place I could waffle is between Florida and Winnipeg. I'm torn between rooting for the Jets (grew up close (uh, close is a relative term here) to Winnipeg, remember?), and wanting Florida to get some success to see what kind of support they can drum up from the fans down there.I would like to see Washington stay out of the playoffs, although in the long run, that could be a huge wake-up call that could lead to an eventual domination.Pittsburgh isn't going to win the division, so I have no issues with them in the #6 spot, playing the weaker SE division champ.I'd like to feel some playoff excitement again here in Ottawa, against someone other than Pittsburgh for once, so I can actually submerse myself into it with the fans here.

Winnipeg coming up is not a good thing for us...I think Washington will pass Florida...And hoping the Leafs pass Ottawa.Sad thing is with the recent slump of the Bruins the Leafs had a very good chance to catch them, but we decided to lose lately. Very rough road trip can be forgotten quick with a few wins at home.Another angle is that Winnipeg can win the division...That would be pretty interesting as the possibility of Florida and Washington BOTH missing playoffs come into play.The playoffs for the Leafs were looking a LOT better a week ago then they do now.

Winnipeg coming up is not a good thing for us...I think Washington will pass Florida...And hoping the Leafs pass Ottawa.Sad thing is with the recent slump of the Bruins the Leafs had a very good chance to catch them, but we decided to lose lately. Very rough road trip can be forgotten quick with a few wins at home.Another angle is that Winnipeg can win the division...That would be pretty interesting as the possibility of Florida and Washington BOTH missing playoffs come into play.The playoffs for the Leafs were looking a LOT better a week ago then they do now.
Washington is about a 3/1 favourite to win the division right now, so that could easily happen. I'll be rooting for Winnipeg too of course, followed by Florida.Very excited for the Leafs to potentially make the playoffs. Been a loooong time.
20 more points then the next closest defencemen and 20 games still left. He has a legitimate shot at 80. Who was the last defencemen to even hit 80 in a year?
Mike Green was very close
20 more points then the next closest defencemen and 20 games still left. He has a legitimate shot at 80. Who was the last defencemen to even hit 80 in a year?
Lidstrom, back in 05-06. Mike Green flirted with it a couple times but topped out at 76 points.

I meant to make a post about Karlsson during the AS weekend. He reminds me very much of Nik Lidstrom...not only with his offensive skill but with his attitude. I think it's awesome that the NHL's top-scoring defenseman babysits his captains kids...and seems to enjoy it immensely.