Random Hockey Observations

I don't know why people always seem to be appalled that a "hockey fan" would do something like this. Criminals and criminally stupid people can be hockey fans too, unfortunately.
I'm not appalled or even surprised that it happened. I'm appalled at the thought process that leveraged the woman's brain into thinking this was acceptable behaviour. The problem is that this kind of crap (assault) has become more and more prevalent, not just at sporting events, but at concerts, all kinds of bars and parties, etc.Call me "old" or "old school", but time was you could go out and have a good time without having to worry that a wrong look or the wrong sweater would get you a slap in the head or worse.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I'm not worried when I go out.
You're not a 16 yr old girl with a brain tumour... :club: Anyway, hockey...Anyone think I should dump Justin Williams (0.58 PPG) and pick up Blake Wheeler (0.73 PPG)? 3 yr keeper pool, both would be in their 1st year (no salaries). I like the way Wheeler has been playing, but it's not like I dislike Williams, but he's not exactly lighting it up.

Williams is a victim of the Kings blowing at scoring as a whole. He's a guy that can put up 70 pts, but he can also be injured for 50 straight games.Wheeler... I dunno, he's so inconsistent, but I guess he's at that point where if he's going to develop into something, it has to be now.Wheeler is younger, so that's a big plus, he's going into his "prime" years, as they say. Seems like he's had some injury concerns as well, the last year and a half.I dunno, I'm not a Wheeler fan at all, and I like Williams. Flip a coin, I guess. LA will be better going forward, so Williams could benefit from that, I guess, in the 2nd and 3rd years of the contract, but he'll be 31 and 32.

Williams is a victim of the Kings blowing at scoring as a whole. He's a guy that can put up 70 pts, but he can also be injured for 50 straight games.Wheeler... I dunno, he's so inconsistent, but I guess he's at that point where if he's going to develop into something, it has to be now.Wheeler is younger, so that's a big plus, he's going into his "prime" years, as they say. Seems like he's had some injury concerns as well, the last year and a half.I dunno, I'm not a Wheeler fan at all, and I like Williams. Flip a coin, I guess. LA will be better going forward, so Williams could benefit from that, I guess, in the 2nd and 3rd years of the contract, but he'll be 31 and 32.
I think what Zach is trying to say is that he doesn't really like either player for a keeper league, which I fully agree with. Isn't there another option besides one of these two guys?

I own Wheeler in the AHL, but I went after him in the offseason. He's a big player and it seems to take a little more time for big guys to develop. I would choose Wheeler over Williams.

I think what Zach is trying to say is that he doesn't really like either player for a keeper league, which I fully agree with. Isn't there another option besides one of these two guys?
Probably, but I'd have to dig a little deeper. There are tons of C's available, but I have plenty. LW and RW are harder to find.League format is a 20 man roster > 15 active for a "period" (1 week); 5 on the bench. Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW and 6 D.
I own Wheeler in the AHL, but I went after him in the offseason. He's a big player and it seems to take a little more time for big guys to develop. I would choose Wheeler over Williams.
I'll probably wait a bit to see if Williams gets hot and, yes, the Kings are liable to score more and Williams has proven himself. Worse comes to worse, he gets injured and I make the move or I trade him to an interested party and try to get more than he's worth...Wheeler is looking good to me because of his hot December (14 pts)Thanks, guys!
Don't see the Kings scoring that much more under Sutter, but I guess they have nowhere to go but up.
Your hockey knowledge is as deep as Lake Superior.Fact: LA has scored 19 fewer goals than Winnipeg. It's a good thing they have good goaltending (LA)
How about Mike Rupp with the Jagr salute after his snipe? That was AWESOME.
I feel like that was an HBO moment. On that topic, I had 24/7 on pvr and watched them today. Generally much worse than last years, not a lot of great moments for me personally.One of my friends kids that I saw over the holidays watched last years 247 just recently, and he cant stop quoting "we know who did it, and we're gonna do absolutely nothing about it".
I feel like that was an HBO moment. On that topic, I had 24/7 on pvr and watched them today. Generally much worse than last years, not a lot of great moments for me personally.
Agreed. I really wish they had it when Chicago played Detroit. Seeing Patrick Kane on 24/7 would be awesome.

Yeah, I watched all 3 last night too. Thought it was excellent, but not as good as last year. Can't decide if that's because the Pens aren't involved, or if it's just not as shocking as it was to see it all the first time, or what. Having said that, I still want this every year forever and I would just die for a version in the playoffs where it's leading up to/covering games that really really matter.

I saw Michael Rupp in Washington DC and thought it was Brian Colangelo. That dude is tall.
The salute was a little more Third Reich than Jagr the way it came out.x2umKOKB09IZ1wgcIJrM.png
Ha I thought the same thing when it happened. Great game today though

Fuck you, Dan Carcillo, you cheap shot cunt. I hope Shanny throws the book at you.(I have Tom Gilbert in my keeper pool; line ups set on Monday; of course, Gilbert's injury came on Monday, so now I play the rest of the week with 5 Dmen)

The Flyers didnt like it and he didnt do it again.Apparently you arent allowed to mock a Hall of Famer.