• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Over/Under on the amount of penalties in tonight's Sabres-Bruins game ?
Tough call. You know the league will be watching this game. Also guys like Gerbe and Roy don't really scare anyone in a fight.I don't expect the game like the Islanders/Penguins last year.I will say 15.Guaranteed Gaustaud gets into a fight.
Tough call. You know the league will be watching this game. Also guys like Gerbe and Roy don't really scare anyone in a fight.I don't expect the game like the Islanders/Penguins last year.I will say 15.Guaranteed Gaustaud gets into a fight.
Yah, somebody on Buffalo is going to have to get beat up by Lucic tonight, probably Gaustaud

Anybody else a bit surprised that Bergfors cleared waivers and that nobody took a chance on him. Little risk for the team picking him up since he's only paid about $600K and he's a free agent after this season. Has he really been that bad.

Anybody else a bit surprised that Bergfors cleared waivers and that nobody took a chance on him. Little risk for the team picking him up since he's only paid about $600K and he's a free agent after this season. Has he really been that bad.
I've been surprised with a few of the players that have cleared waivers. I'm convinced there is an unwritten agreement between GMs to some extent.
No, he's garbage. He got waived from a team that has trouble scoring.

This Buffalo Boston game is getting a bit wild..The NESN announcers are like WWE announcers."COME ON BUFFALO, DONT MESS WITH THE BEAR"

Haven't skated in years...Can anyone recommend a decent brand to reacquainte myself with this fine art? Jeff Skinner has inspire me to lace up.
Try some on and see what fits nicely.
Haven't skated in years...Can anyone recommend a decent brand to reacquainte myself with this fine art? Jeff Skinner has inspire me to lace up.
I have been saying this the last 2 years, but with my son getting more serious into hockey and skating more I am going to start this year.Also with the other son coming up, daddy needs to show them how its done.Let me know how you are progresssing.

Brad Richards, he of the annoying Free agent 2011 drama fame, has 6 goals 7 assists 13 pts in 18 games -1Tim Connolly , has 10 pts in 10 games..This will sound outrageous for the casual hockey observer..However when healthy Tim Connolly is a better hockey player. Thanks

Brad Richards, he of the annoying Free agent 2011 drama fame, has 6 goals 7 assists 13 pts in 18 games -1Tim Connolly , has 10 pts in 10 games..This will sound outrageous for the casual hockey observer..However when healthy Tim Connolly is a better hockey player. Thanks
I must be a casual hockey observer.
I must be a casual hockey observer.
No you are NOT a CASUAL hockey observer. You are a semi hockey nut with pretty good knowledge.Im just reiterating the fact that signing a contract of that magnitude is not right( i have said this 1967 times before)Thats all..4 years from now it will be 17 times not correct.Sure the Rangers won some games..Not because of the Richardian magic..
No you are NOT a CASUAL hockey observer. You are a semi hockey nut with pretty good knowledge.Im just reiterating the fact that signing a contract of that magnitude is not right( i have said this 1967 times before)Thats all..4 years from now it will be 17 times not correct.Sure the Rangers won some games..Not because of the Richardian magic..
Yeah, Im sure the Rangers wish like crazy they had signed Connolly instead right now. I think Richards also provides that team a lot of leadership and a very good all around game too. AND, he will score more pts than Connolly. Pretty much every year of his contract.And, you cant just sign players to short deals....sometimes you have to overpay to get a star player. Some teams dont mind overpaying with draft picks (ie 2*1st, and a 2nd)for their best player, while some teams dont mind overpaying in cash+term.
Yeah, Im sure the Rangers wish like crazy they had signed Connolly instead right now. I think Richards also provides that team a lot of leadership and a very good all around game too. AND, he will score more pts than Connolly. Pretty much every year of his contract.And, you cant just sign players to short deals....sometimes you have to overpay to get a star player. Some teams dont mind overpaying with draft picks (ie 2*1st, and a 2nd)for their best player, while some teams dont mind overpaying in cash+term.
Comparing a 21 year old Kessel to a 43 year old (or whatever he is) Richards does a disservice to the perception of the knowledge of the poster.Richards I dont believe is their best player...And he wont be even a consequency tactic of a player in 3 years.
Serge found his thesaurus. What a great reason for me to stay away from the forum today. :club:
Naa..Just having fun..I like to use insignificantly pessimistic words in the wrong spots.Its very esthetically viable against the dormant state of the forum.
Comparing a 21 year old Kessel to a 43 year old (or whatever he is) Richards does a disservice to the perception of the knowledge of the poster.Richards I dont believe is their best player...And he wont be even a consequency tactic of a player in 3 years.
I'm pretty sure serge stole this phrase from the translated japanese instructions of my blu-ray player.
I'm pretty sure serge stole this phrase from the translated japanese instructions of my blu-ray player.
pretty close..Its from the nether regions of my sub conscious mind.

Connolly IS a really good hockey player, but staying healthy is something that helps the team, therefore he loses points for being consistently on the shelf.Even then, his career numbers are nowhere near that of Brad Richards. Connolly - 637gp, 121g, 284a, 405pts (0.636 ppg)Richards - 790gp, 226g, 503a, 729pts (0.923 ppg)Richards also has a Conn Smythe trophy and a Stanley Cup. It's not even remotely close. Richards is 1 year and 5 days older than Connolly.But don't let facts get in the way of bias.